• Dont really mind it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never flown before

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Do you like flying?

I made this topic as ill be flying on wednesday and to be honest i like take off but i really dont like the rest of it. Not jsut because its boring, im scared :oops: :lol:

(This has got nothing to do with B&M Flyers.....Obviously)

A

Anonymous

I have no problem at all about flying, but long haul flights are really booring though.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Love it. I'm really into aviation and I love taking off, landing and the wierd feeling you get when the plane banks.

Also if you are scared then just think to yourself that plane crashes are very rare and you are more likely to be in an accident in the car to the airport than on the actual flight.

marc

CF Legend
I used to hate it, now I just stay up the night before get on the plane and fall asleep :)

I fell asleep as soon as I got on the plane at Gatwick and woke up over Orlando hehe.
Fell asleep in LAX woke up over Ireland.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
I wish i could jsut fall asleep like that, im trying to get sleepy by goin sleep late and wking up at 7 so on wednesday i can just go asleep instead of looking at clouds

Rush

Giga Poster
I like taking off, landing and tubulence! Mid-flight is okay if there are decent films on but the worst part is the food. (Bleargh!)

I also like flying the plane and doing 6+G manouevers. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Taking off and landing are good fun. And you get good views if it's a clear day.
Apart from that it's pretty boring.

Nic

Strata Poster
We got an awesome bit of airtime as we were leveling out on the way to Spain last week Hurrah!

Smithy

Strata Poster
I absolutely ****ing hate it. Terrified of it.

Which is very weird. As I used to love it. Had flown about 8 times before my 18th, and then for some reason, since flying Ryanair to Reus and back, I've been terrified of flying again. Which is strange, as the only noticeable thing was a rough landing. And even then I was never worried. Strange.

wash

Mega Poster
I love taking off, landing, and turning. Like everyone else said, though, what's in between can be pretty boring. Of course, it makes a difference where your flying. The view will be much more interesting if your're flying over mountains or cities then, say, the ocean.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Not a fan of it really, more for the fact that airports piss me right off. Short flights are fine, but when you add in all the airport crap, then getting to and from them as well, a short flight can still end up taking all ****ing day.

Long haul flights get on my tits. Alcohol + Xanax for those.

Mike

Giga Poster
Depends which company I'm flying with, and what class I am in.

British Airways Business Class = :D

kimahri

CF Legend
Don't mind it really.

I prefer Long flights, They seem shorter. Probably because I expect them to be longer than they actually are.

Sara

Roller Poster
Been flying since I was 2. I loved it from 2 - 14, then when I was 14 and we were going to Canada I just decided I didn't like it anymore and didn't want to get on the plane. That lasted for about... 10 years? Anyway, I'm fine about it again now. I think the switch back to being fine about it was a bloke on a flight back from Finland who saw me freaking out somewhat and suggested i think of things from the Pilot's point of view - to them, its just like any other day and everything is perfectly normal. Tada.

I'm still not a huge fan of turbulence though. I was on a flight to NZ once and I'm sure the pilot/captain were doing it deliberately as it only ever happened whenever food or drinks were served. :(

Short haul vs long haul - hmm. I think I prefer long haul because it means i'm going somewhere really exciting and probably for a fairly long time. Unless I'm flying on a really crap old plane where its one monitor shared among everyone on bored. Then its mind numblingly boring.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Love taking off and landing. But at the same time, the thought of flying 30,000ft up scares me slightly.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Rush said:
Mid-flight is okay if there are decent films on but the worst part is the food. (Bleargh!)

It depends what airline you go with, bmi food is fine but Airtours (now Thomas Cook) food was abysmal. Also your lucky to get in flight entertainment no matter what film is on, I was on a 4 hr flight last year with no IFE at all.