What's new

Fly Outta Here - NL2 Comp - Results Pg 4

jay37415

Mega Poster
Re: Fly Outta Here NL2 Comp

Intricks said:
Ugh....I don't wanna re-do everything I've done (terrain editing as well as a generalized idea for a layout in play. I think I'll just redo (or attempt to) the pathway? God knows this is going to look bad lol.

You can freeze the coaster you started, save the file in editor under a name you can easily remember but not the one you're going to use.

Open the new and improved package that Tom sent out. Extract it in editor.

Go to your coaster tab and click import saved coaster. Find the file your original project is in and click on it and a list of coasters in that file should open up. Click on the onee you want to import and you should be able to figure it out from there.

This should save you some time building sidewalks so all you have to do is rework the terrain. Can't remember if it's NL2 or not but one game I have played before will actually let you import the terrain.

I know this is not a good description on how to do it but its to say it can be done fairly easy. I'm sure there NL2 forums on importing coasters. So give it a try.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Oh ****, I haven't even started this yet...

Better get to it!

Intricks

Strata Poster

Completed trackwork. Im VERY pleased at how everything has come together.

Next is all the pathway and station building (which is gonna be a b*tch) with adjustments to the terrain and the placement of supports and scenery, with a change of color as well

I think this will actually be completed on time!

jay37415

Mega Poster

I may end up over the 4500' length with what i am trying to pull off. I am assuming a 1 point penalty?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

As I've been building, I realized for a 200 foot terrain flyer, 4500 feet is way too easy to hit with too much speed at the end still, if done right. With that, I am raising the maximum length to 5000 feet.

5000-5100= 2 point penalty
5101-5500= .5 point penalty
5501+= Automatic DQ

I've heard this from a few people, so this will allow a bit more flexibility. Good luck!

Snow

Roller Poster

Welp, Windows decided it would be a good time to crash my computer while I was in the middle of a 3 hour building session without saving. My jimmies have been sufficiently rustled.

Does anyone know if NL2 keeps autosaves somewhere, or if there's some other way of restoring unsaved and lost progress?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Three hours without saving? Crikey!

I'm not sure what the "nl2park_backup" file is for, and what it's doing, but maybe you can see what that saved?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Yeah back up is only thing I can think of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Snow

Roller Poster

The backup file does work, unfortunately it is a much older version of the save that I had since discarded because it wasn't good. Oh well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

tomahawk said:
As I've been building, I realized for a 200 foot terrain flyer, 4500 feet is way too easy to hit with too much speed at the end still, if done right. With that, I am raising the maximum length to 5000 feet.

5501+= Automatic DQ

I've heard this from a few people, so this will allow a bit more flexibility. Good luck!
Tom, can you clarify this for me please?

What length am I aiming for to not get a penalty? :lol:

Snow

Roller Poster

But we get a bigger penalty for going less than 100 feet over the length limit then if we go over it by more than 100 feet? :p

tomahawk said:
5501+= Automatic DQ

Or do these penalties stack, i.e. a 2 point penalty for going over 5000 plus an additional .5 point penalty for going over 5100 feet for a total of 2.5 points lost?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It's additional .5, so really 2.5 deduction.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Aaaah, gotcha!

I did about half my layout last night, hoping to finish it and get supporting today and tomorrow. :D

jay37415

Mega Poster

Mine is turning out to be a real cluster ...... !

Although not great, I will have something in Friday night.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I too will have something in by Friday night. I've found this round really tricky, but I was putting finishing touches on my ride this morning and have a few more to do on Friday night. I'm not able to get at my PC this week as I'm working away from home, but seeing as the deadline is midnight PST, that gives me all of Friday night BST to finish it.

Pacing has been a bitch with this ride. I've checked and checked the settings, but it seems to lose speed like a ****!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Flyers bleed speed faster than the Kardashians whore out for a picture it feels. I'm excited to see the entries and see what you guys come up with.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Just remember entries are due tonight.

jay37415

Mega Poster

I'm at DW wishfully hoping a certain coaster wil have a soft opening today. I'll get mine in late tonight. At least what I have created so far.