What's new

Flamingoland Removing Lost River Ride?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Something major is going on with the Lost River Ride at Flamingo Land. Is it getting a heavy refurbishment or is it getting removed? Time will tell, but it'll be a shame to see it go.

Matt N

CF Legend
Interesting!

If they were to remove Lost River Ride, it looked to occupy quite a large area and is pretty near to the likes of Kumali and Mumbo Jumbo, so maybe it could function as another coaster site?

Although it is also in reasonably close proximity to the zoo, if I’m remembering correctly, so maybe that wouldn’t be the best idea…

Pierre

Strata Poster
Reading between other posts I’ve seen dotted about it sounds like it’s being changed/adapted to be even more suited for family crowds. It has served the park for 20 years in between a catalogue of maintenance issues (and a dead monkey for good measure) so it’s about time it got changed or removed for something new to be honest.

Fun fact: it was the rumours page on CF suggesting this would be a water coaster that led to me joining this site! 😅

I was thinking maybe a Powersplash would work where the drop is, that whole front section. Then the queue could lead in an L-shape through the old station which can be used as a indoor queue line.

A modern water ride for 2025

Screenshot_20231022_023715_Maps.jpg

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Thought I'd share this here.

Rumour has it that they're moving the location of the Lost River Ride (more towards the lake where Voodoo is) to make way for future additions and make changes to the lion enclosure.

Not 100% confirmed but could be some changes to the layout as well.

Interesting to see what's next for this park 👀

INFERNOismybaby

Roller Poster
This is a very interesting development. Again I believe UK parks have needed to step it up for a VERY long time, so whatever is being planned or going on behind closed doors seems to be something to watch out for.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Rumour has it that they're moving the location of the Lost River Ride (more towards the lake where Voodoo is) to make way for future additions and make changes to the lion enclosure.
All that work just to move the ride 25m further north and lower the tallest section to have a smaller drop, and it won’t reopen until 2025, not to mention the lions end up somewhere else with a smaller enclosure?

If that’s true that would be a catastrophic waste of money - I can’t see how the costs of this two-year job are justified given the outcome is a worse version of the same old ride for marginally more space.

Niles

Giga Poster
All that work just to move the ride 25m further north and lower the tallest section to have a smaller drop, and it won’t reopen until 2025, not to mention the lions end up somewhere else with a smaller enclosure?

If that’s true that would be a catastrophic waste of money

To be fair this is the park that spent 20m ish on a third hand 10 yr old coaster that is a near clone of a coaster that has been in the same country since 2002.

Honestly seems about right for them 😅

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Yeah it is classic Flamingo Land to do something like that.
Although i'd imagine its more of a case they're going to cut the bit of the ride that goes out into the enclosure area and just have the ride take a 90 degree turn towards the lift immediately.

I can't see them literally reconstructing the lift hill 25m further one direction but who knows.