What's new

Flamingoland, now with less pleasure...?

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I've just read that Flamingoland no longer owns Pleasure Island, and there are debatable circumstances about it...anyone fill me in?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oh right. Thats relatively interesting. This should be in the News section really, and lets hope it was sold to a company that will actually care about it!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Where did you read it? Links please or otherwise it's just random speculation.

.:Matt:.

Roller Poster
It has been confirmed by park staff and PI is no longer trading under Flamingo Land ltd.

As for reasons why this has happened, it isn't really what should be discussed on a forum, but the basics is that due to disputes in the Gibb family, PI is no longer Flamingo Lands.

There's stuff linked to this www.go-flamingo.co.uk , but its scattered everywhere.

Martyn B

CF Legend
As for reasons why this has happened, it isn't really what should be discussed on a forum

No one really asked for a reason, just some form of confirmation. Even though you went on with the discussion :p

Anywho, any idea who it was sold to?

marc

CF Legend
I done a search on Google news and Screamscape but there is no new anywhere apart from here.

jack

Roller Poster
^ It's not sold par say but it's been given to Melanie Gibb. You won't find anything because it's been a family dispute thing and hasen't really been sold.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So if it's staying in the family, why can't they still operate them both? :?

jack

Roller Poster
^ To put it bluntly how many of ye get along with ye brothers and sisters lol

Melanie Gibb want'ed out of the 'family business' and Pleasure Island was her 'pay out'

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh I see. Now this has been answer, I'm moving it to the N&R forum.

Will be interesting to see how Pleasure Island develops over the next few seasons. If any park is crying out for some development, it's probably PI.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Melanie Gibb want'ed out of the 'family business' and Pleasure Island was her 'pay out'

Ahh right, well lets hope she tries to creat some competition for her family...!

Getting some basic 'off the shelf' rides would be a good start, like a Log Flume and/or spinning coaster.