What's new

Flamingoland 2014

smoggystevieweevie

Roller Poster
Just picked up a copy of the 2014 brochure today and they have raised entry to a jaw dropping £35 gate price for ALL people 3 and over. I get that they have added a lot, especially for younger kids the past few years, but that's a lot of money to me considering their lack of 2-4-1 vouchers compared to other parks. In 2004 it was only £13.50 to get in, and we had Magnum Force and The Bullet then.

New for 2014:
The completion of Dino Dig
The Mansion House & Tea Room
Junior Swing - Pic is of a miniature version of Rush from Thorpe 4 seats across

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's a lot to pay to spend the day in a queue swearing at the piss poor operations...

Still, hasn't Alton Towers almost hit the £50 mark now? In terms of "attractions", I'll be FL claim they offer more...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Mingo also have the zoo, which would probably be considered in the price...

Still, £35 for 3 and up is a bit mergh... And worrying since I need to polish a few more creds off from there this year...

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, there's yet another reason for me to avoid the place like the plague. As if I needed any more reasons.

We're getting to the point where the place is worse value than Camelot was in its final seasons FFS.

Pierre

Strata Poster
A £5.00 increase is **** abysmal. Where do they get off? I sincerely hope they plan on venturing into the voucher market again (they did it in 2011 or '12 I think) with prices like this.

Just a link to my post about recent price rises in the UK

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=36453&p=866806#p866806

Flamingo Land has now gone up by 84% since 2006. Atrocious.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Either the bosses are very confident with their product and fanbase... or they're cocky idiots.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Or they're hoping on either putting vouchers out, or pushing for online sales.

Don't forget Alton do very little trade on-the-gate price, it's all 2 for 1's or online bookings so I imagine FL have seen something similar.

Still, massively unjustifiable increase made all the more annoying that I was planning on getting FL and LWV done next month.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Reminds me of Camelot - put prices up to ridiculous levels knowing there were 2-for-1s out there but it didn't do much good.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd love to know what their Per Capita is in order for everyday running of the park. Alton Towers' is the same as Pleasurewood Hills' at =£13 of each entrance ticket. If you count the zoo in with Flamingoland's ticket entry price, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the equivalent of Alton's amount of staff members, or close enough. Of course, for Per Capita, you take into account EVERYTHING at the parks that costs money, to work out the price of the ticket to break even (it all depends on visitor numbers too, which is where it gets complicated, hence fluctuating prices an offers).

Roughly work it out. Alton Towers is £48 for a gate price ticket, meaning if somebody pays the gate price, alton are earning roughly £35 per entrance at full price. So even at half price, they're nearly making £11 per ticket.

If we (just for arguments sake) class Flamingoland's as the same Per Capita (£13); they make roughly £22 per ticket (at full price and same per capita), so at half price, they're only making £4.50 per ticket.

In that respect, I can understand why they're not over-saturating the market with 2-for-1's.

If anybody could find out Flamingoland's Per Capita, I'll love you forever.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I got a two for one voucher in the season that has just ended, so I'm thinking they will have them for 2014 also.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
According to this graph, it seems that the quality of the park decreases as the price increase.

flgraph.jpg

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Loool, everybody's ignored the fact that they appear to be adding a S&S Screaming Swing!

A mini one, cos if Mingoland needed anything, it was another low throughput ride...

Besides, a Screaming Swing with THEIR operational procedures? :|

Smithy

Strata Poster
Richie said:
I got a two for one voucher in the season that has just ended, so I'm thinking they will have them for 2014 also.

you what?!

Where and how so I can get looking pls