What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Pleased to hear they're banging out 90's and early 2000's tunes, just watched Mushroom's video and can hear similar in the background. Awesome.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Visited Mingoland for the first time yesterday, the addition of Sik finally tempted me…

SPITED. The coaster never opened, seems there’s something wrong with a wheel assembly on the back car, they’ve called for an engineer from “Slovakia” but assuming she meant and Intamin one from Switzerland?

Whole park is far more run down than I’d imagined. Was told Kumali is “smooth” for an SLC but it’s still terrible, Velocity has a good launch but the rest feels like cycling on cobblestones! Mumbo Jumbo boring, and then all the kiddie creds were as expected, kiddie creds. Perhaps Sik rides well but there isn’t a single coaster there that I actually enjoyed riding. Drop tower is fine though I guess but the extra seatbelt makes load times unbearable.

Luckily the park was dead, a staff member on Kumali said there were going to be a total of 360 something guests on the day. So dead that we had to sit on Kumali and wait for others to enter the queue as they needed 6 riders to dispatch.

I’m inclined to go back eventually to ride Sik but honestly the park is so dire that I might just accept defeat on this.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
they’ve called for an engineer from “Slovakia” but assuming she meant and Intamin one from Switzerland?
Believe the Intamin manufacturing plant is in Slovakia, while head office is Liechtenstein. Hence why the park mentioned the Slovak engineer rather than a Swiss one.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Believe the Intamin manufacturing plant is in Slovakia, while head office is Liechtenstein. Hence why the park mentioned the Slovak engineer rather than a Swiss one.
Correct. Intamin track is all made at Stakotra Manufacturing in Slovakia much like B&M track is made at Clermont in the USA. Which would indeed explain the engineer.

It's here if you're wondering

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Visited Flamingo Land at the weekend and have to say it feels really neglected.
Sik was walk on except they would lock you into the restraints and then you'd be sat there locked in for 10 minutes before enough people were on the train for them to send it.The rear couple air gates were not working and had their covers off, showing the mechanics, so to get to the rear rows you had to use a different airgate.

Kumali was only running with the first 4 rows, despite there being about 50 people queuing. Ride ops weren't batching people into the airgates, they'd wait until the train was in the station, unload the previous people, then with no rush at all eventually let 8 people into the front rows of the train.

As much as I don't like saying it, the other visitors at the park were pretty awful to be around. At one point I was walking in a totally wide open pathway and a mum and daughter combo just barged into me as they went past for no reason. People vaping and smoking everywhere, throwing litter on the floor by their feet.

I'm pleased to see they did end up putting a cover on the exposed lift hill cable near the queueline - on opening day it was within arms reach.
I noticed they have basically been replacing any of their old themed wooden fencing with the same generic black metal fencing which is a shame too.

Can't say i'm in any rush to go back, the place just has a weird vibe to it and the operations are shocking.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Visited Flamingo Land at the weekend and have to say it feels really neglected.
Sik was walk on except they would lock you into the restraints and then you'd be sat there locked in for 10 minutes before enough people were on the train for them to send it.The rear couple air gates were not working and had their covers off, showing the mechanics, so to get to the rear rows you had to use a different airgate.

Kumali was only running with the first 4 rows, despite there being about 50 people queuing. Ride ops weren't batching people into the airgates, they'd wait until the train was in the station, unload the previous people, then with no rush at all eventually let 8 people into the front rows of the train.

As much as I don't like saying it, the other visitors at the park were pretty awful to be around. At one point I was walking in a totally wide open pathway and a mum and daughter combo just barged into me as they went past for no reason. People vaping and smoking everywhere, throwing litter on the floor by their feet.

I'm pleased to see they did end up putting a cover on the exposed lift hill cable near the queueline - on opening day it was within arms reach.
I noticed they have basically been replacing any of their old themed wooden fencing with the same generic black metal fencing which is a shame too.

Can't say i'm in any rush to go back, the place just has a weird vibe to it and the operations are shocking.
Sounds about right for Flamingo Land, went on Sik couple of months after it opened & a bolt securing the rear of the seats came off on the lift. Gave it to the station staff but they couldn't have cared less

Callum

Roller Poster

That is really odd - I went last Friday and they were sending Sik with me being the only one on the train, so I don't believe there is a minimum number for them to send the train.

Kumali was different, had to wait for a minimum of 6.