What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Rupert

Mega Poster
ABOUT BLOODY TIME.

facebook_1653500071830_6935281965280815917.jpg

Testing has commenced!
Got to say, aside from the good news it’s finally testing - the newer (not even newest) Intamins just look so much better aesthetically than the old generation. Colossus is a pretty rubbish coaster but it’s not helped by also looking quite rubbish (track-wise I mean, the original setting with all the multi-level trenches was very cool).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm genuinely curious to see how this coaster will ride, it runs so quietly in these testing videos and looks very smooth but the ride has been sat out in the sun on 3 different continents for 10 years so I'm quite apprehensive. Gonna be better than Colossus either way.

I'm genuinely curious to see how this coaster will ride, it runs so quietly in these testing videos and looks very smooth but the ride has been sat out in the sun on 3 different continents for 10 years so I'm quite apprehensive. Gonna be better than Colossus either way.

I think you may be pleasantly suprised.

Everyone is shocked at just how well it is running, and that's including Intamin. There aren't many rides that perfom so well on their first runs.

The videos really don't do it justice because the wind masks the rides noises...... or lack of noises should I say. Aside from misbehaving dummies, every test so far has been perfect.

(Edit)

After taking disciplinary action on the dummies, they have been told to remain seated and hold tight at ALL times...

Last edited:

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Those tunnels look great, I really hope there's going to be some rockwork and foliage there, this ride could really pop with some clever planting and a little bit of rockwork.
Come on 'Mingo, this is a fantastic opportunity to raise your bar.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
That train already has the speed. Some nice theming/landscaping around the ride would make the total package perfect for Flamingoland.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Happens to every coaster that's gone through the testing phase in the history of ever.
10/10 post that, good job mate.

Clearly they were commenting that it was already running very fast yet it's still increasing in speed. Think I might actually have to brave Yorkshire soon to get on this, might be fun!

God have mercy

Roller Poster
This model is a little bit taller and faster than colossus I think. I'm sure I read this model is around 110ft and 52mph as for colossus is under 100ft and about 45mph I think I heard.