What's new

First Rollercoaster Experience Ever!?!

s15c

Mega Poster
My first coaster was Trail Blazer at Hershey. My first real coaster was Comet at hershey. My first looping coaster was Sooper Dooper Looper at Hershey. My first coaster that might be considered actually any good was Lightning Racer (can guess where?).

As for coasters that hooked me, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster got me started. I went on the Great Bear and Wildcat (still Hershey, I live walking distance from it). I wasn't certain even then, but I went on a road trip to Cedar Point, and after reading all the hubbub about Millennium Force I was determined. When my ears popped on the top of the lift hill, that was when I became brave enough to go on anything.

Benson1997

Roller Poster
My first minor coaster was proberbly, vampire at chessington world of adventures when i was 4 years old. My first major was The Ultimate at Lightwater Vally. My first Looper Was Rock N Rollercoaster At Disneyland Paris. :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
For me it was Timber Terror at Silverwood. I'm not sure exactly how old I was, but I remember I didn't want to go but a family friend kinda forced me to go on it. I don't think I actually was very happy when I got off it. But later that year I decided I loved coasters when I went to Disneyland (yes, I know they have lame coasters but I was really young).

coasterC

Roller Poster
I did the Thorpe Park 2006 season with the unholy trinity's arrival, and tried out Nemesis Inferno at the end of the day. I was 8 then.. :)

Splonkeydonkey

Roller Poster
The Corkscrew at Sea World in Australia. I remember flipping out when I was going up the chain lift but when I came out of the station I got my mum to go on with me and she screamed the whole way through. I was 11 then? it was a while ago.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I started really early. My first kiddie coaster was the Little Dipper at Conneaut Lake Park before I was two. First big coaster was Blue Streak at conneaut either before I was 4 or the summer I turned 4. First looper was most likely Double Loop at Geauga when i was 4 or 5. According to the stories of what my mom has told me, I was able to ride Laser Loop the year it closed (1990...making me 3 at the time of mid-season) so unless the height restraint wasn't tall, then its possibly possible.

AlienSpeedFiend

Roller Poster
Too long ago to remember but probably one of these three

Wild Mouse Littlehampton
Big Dipper Battersea Fun Fair
Scenic Railway Dreamland Margate

although I vaguely remember a really old kiddie coaster somewhere on the South Coast

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
The first roller coaster I ever went on was The Beast at Alton Towers back in 1994. I was around 12 at the time. I bottled out of riding the Thunder Looper, but had no problems going on The Beast.

I went back in 1996 and did both Nemesis and Corkscrew. I guess they were my first big coasters :p

Coasterfiend

Roller Poster
my first "coaster" was expedition everest in WDW. My first actual roller coaster that is still in my top 5 to this day was manta at seaworld. I wasnt so sure at first, but as soon as that first drop started, i was in love <3

Error

Strata Poster
I freaking swear I posted in here...

For a long while I thought my first was Jr. Gemini at Cedar Point, but then I remembered I was 3 the first time we went, so I didn't ride it.

So my first coaster was a Big Apple at the fair.

alexr

Hyper Poster
First was Zipper Dipper at pbb followed by the Clown Coaster and the Powered coaster at Disneyland Paris.

First Big coaster was Express at M&D's or Avalanche, A few months later would have been Big Thunder Mountain Florida.

Dave

CF Legend
I've never posted in this topic despite it being 2 years old...weird

Anyway my first roller coaster was Runaway Train at Paultons Park, not sure when maybe around 1992/3?

Treeis

Mega Poster
Other firsts for me were first inversion- Turbo at Brighton pier.
First inverted rollercoaster- Vampire
First "big" rollercoaster- Vampire
First ride that properly scared me- Black buccanneer. (I got over it though)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
First Coaster: Rattlesnake at Pleasurewood Hills
First Inversion: The gauntlet at Camelot
First Inverted: Probably Nemesis At AT