What's new

Fire in saw alive

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Hey guys just saw this on merlins fb page an i am writing this on my iPhone so sorry for any mistakes!!!

On Tuesday evening a fire broke out inside Saw Alive.

The blaze was battled by Firefighters from Egham, who were joined by Fire Engines from Staines and Chertsy at 7:47pm.

They used two hose reels and three donned breathing apparatus to battle the blaze.

At this point in time the cause of the fire is unknown.

One of the Egham Firefighters said : “It was quite a strange one, going in and putting the fire out and obviously got all the horror props in there still.

“They kept bumping into dummies.”

There was minor damage to the attraction, but will remain closed until the cause of the fire is determine.

A Thorpe Park spokesman said: “Our well rehearsed emergency procedures were immediately put into operation. The emergency services were called at 7.51pm with two fire vehicles on site within 5 minutes and the fire was brought under control very quickly.

“The health and safety of our guests is our primary objective and the Thorpe Park Management Team, in conjunction with the Fire Service, are investigating the cause of the fire.

“The attraction will remain closed until the investigation is complete and while we assess the extent of the damage.

“It will re-open when we have brought the maze back to full operating standards and had it passed through the relevant Health and Safety inspections.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Read about this earlier. I'm genuinely surprised that Merlin didn't try and get some good publicity out of what is a minor setback - isn't seemingly half of Thorpe "haunted"? I blame the ghosts ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
On Tuesday evening and we only hear about it now?

Certainly not heard anything about it and I've been in contact with the park since then.

Can anybody confirm?

T0M

Hyper Poster
It's been reported in the national newspaper. It's possible the day has been misreported but I think we can assume it's genuine, unless it's a publicity stunt :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Can't believe it hasn't been all over CF like a cheap suit covering a rash.

Oh well. I'm going out now. Come on Thorpe fanboys, you need to redeem yourselves! I fully expect this topic to be on page 3 by the time I return.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
OMG! I feel so guilty... It's retribution for me locking the LC10 topic on Tuesday isn't it??? With nowhere else to go, they went and tried to summon a demon at Thorpe to put me to rights. Obviously went wrong...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Let's be honest here, as it's Saw Alive, no-one here really gives two hoots about this...

Now Wicked Witches/Tropical Travels fire? That was upsetting...

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Now Wicked Witches/Tropical Travels fire? That was upsetting...

Agreed.

Nothing to do with Thorpe, I just wanted to share that my workplace caught on fire tuesday night as well! We got everyone out and put the fire out too so quite proud :D

spicy

Giga Poster
I'm upset about the Thorpe Belle being ruined.

Plus it's now been on fire? Poor old Thorpe Belle :wink:

nadroJ

CF Legend
So THAT'S why it was closed yesterday, it just had a sign up saying it was closed for maintenance lol.

Ollie

CF Legend
What is it with all the dark rides Thorpe get catching fire and/or burning down? :p

Random question. Where in the park was the Wicked Witches Haunt when it existed?

Nic

Strata Poster
Are we sure they weren't just trialling a new concept in floating dining with the world's first horror themed floating flame grilled barbeque restaurant?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
What is it with all the dark rides Thorpe get catching fire and/or burning down? :p

Notify the editors of the Oxford English Dictionary, the word many now translates to TWO...

Since it happens to all of them, why NWO hasn't burnt to the ground it is a good question, and a right shame... Maybe in another 10 years it will?

alexdude98

Mega Poster
Naughty Jigsaw. He knows he shouldn't be having cigarettes in his own attraction!

Then again, if you're lonely what else would you do. :p