What's new

Favourite water park attraction type

Which is your favourite?

• Body slide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raft slide (Eg inner tube, or double ring)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Family raft slide (Eg Large 4-6 pers. rafts, or Cloverleaf)

• Toilet bowl slide

• Tornado

• "Extreme" slide (Eg freefall, double dip, turbo tunnel, twister etc)

• Uphill slide (Eg Master Blaster, Rocket)

• Mat racing slide (Eg normal, or Octopus Racer)

• Halfpipe/Zoomerango

• 'Natural' rapids type slide (with interconnected shallows, soft rocks etc)

• Other

• Total voters

Gazza

Giga Poster
Hopefully water parks still fall within the scope of this sub forum, but what are everyone favourite water park slide types?

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Well my favourites are the family rafts like 'El torrente' and also master blaster stlye rides like the one at Alton Towers waterpark

I never been on a half pipe but they look really cool and hope to do one of them in the near future....

Well, I'm a fan of body slides and tube slides personally, but I don't like body slides when you're back hits on the creases in the slide, because it hurts. So, I guess I will go with raft slides, but preferably enclosed because I'm always scared I'm going to whip off the edge.

Master Blasters are somewhat boring.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Master Blasters. Defo.

Extrrreme Muntan <3

(Yes, you have to say it like that)

What he said LOL

But with correct spelling, as in:

"Extreme mountain", thanks

I only like Master Blasters that are filled with airtime, otherwise, they are a bit of waste of space and time.

Ollie

CF Legend
I just like the enclosed speed flumes.
The half pipe slides are boring and so are some Master Blasters.

Ben

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
Ben said:
Master Blasters. Defo.

Extrrreme Muntan <3

(Yes, you have to say it like that)

What he said LOL

But with correct spelling, as in:

"Extreme mountain", thanks

I only like Master Blasters that are filled with airtime, otherwise, they are a bit of waste of space and time.

Uh, no, the ride looses half its fun if I don't get to do my absolutely awful Spanish accent :p.

I forgot, those half pipe slides are awesome, as are some kamikazes... others? Not so much *looking at you Lloret de Mar waterpark*

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Family raft rides are my favourite, or general slides which have the group appeal towards them. More fun with others in my opinion. But Master Blasters are cool, I actually think they're better on your own when you spin round and stuff! Shame Crush 'n' Gusher doesn't do singles!

I'll tell you what does look awesome, The Bomb Bay at Wet 'n' Wild.

I've never been to Wet 'n' Wild, but I might do next time I'm in orlando just to get on that! I've taken a shine to water parks recently.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I voted for Tornadoes, when you ride with a fully loaded raft, the amount of height and airtime you gain is just awesome, as is the drop if you end up going backwards. They're great for the group fun factor, and they seem to have a fast moving line which is also a plus.

As for the rest...

Extreme slides are also awesome, a close second more me.

Uphill slides and natural rapids are "OK" but nothing special.

Raft slides and body slides are good for what they are..body slides are fun for the fact you have a bit more control, so you can straighten up, arch the back, and go at an irresponsible speed.

Family raft slides and toilet bowls are about equal and very good rides if you can get a full raft.

As for mat racers....I do have a preference for the octopus racers, as the standard type are a bit bland, but racers have a definite re ride value.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Raft slides for me.

I like having a faced paced, twisty layout with plenty of little drops.

They're really fun if you can get the weight up in them as well.

I don't dislike any of the slides though.

On a side note, what would you class the ride at Wet 'n' Wild Orlando as? The one that is similar to a lazy river, but has some cool drops, effects rapids etc. It's underneath the large bodyslide complex close to the road.

Gazza

Giga Poster
On a side note, what would you class the ride at Wet 'n' Wild Orlando as? The one that is similar to a lazy river, but has some cool drops, effects rapids etc. It's underneath the large bodyslide complex close to the road.
That would fall into that 'natural rapids' slide category.

OMG I totally forgot about the raft bowl slide things; Swahili Swirl at Kalahari is definitely the best waterslide ever!

However, having said that, the body bowl slides are absolutely horrible. I hurt my foot and my back on that thing, and then the water was really deep at the bottom and it was hard to get back up.

Slash

Giga Poster
"Extreme" Slides are my choice. The freefall slides never cease to amaze me and I've been on a few, my favourite being "Bomb Bay" at Wet N' Wild. Thats just so scary, standing there waiting for the floor to drop underneath you then hitting that speed going down and finally (for me anyway) on the staight flying up and down in the air and nearly coming out of the slide.

A

Anonymous

One of the best is at cyprus water world near ayia napa a long helix and a tunneled vertical drop in to water its awesome :--D

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I haven't been on many different types of ride : the biggest waterpark I have been to is splashdown near poole, so I will go for just a well designed body slide with tight corners/sudden drops/dark sections etc

Mike

Giga Poster
I'm going to have to go for the Master Blasters, closely followed by Tornados.
The free fall slides are always very inconsistent, with some giving you an excellent ride, whereas others are intent with scraping as much skin off your back as possible whilst trying to drown you. :p

Crow

Mega Poster
I personally prefer the toilet bowl slides instead of the others. I find they provide an overall much more enjoyable experience. My favourite part is the anticipation as the hole of doom comes ever closer and closer untill you uncontrolablly slip over the edge and plummit through the centre, then with little warning plunge into the pool below! :--D