What's new

Favourite theme park sounds

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Its been said by a few others bit the roar of B&M's such as Dragon Kahn. Also the sounds of any coaster lift hill and the sound of screaming on drop towers!

walker1104

Mega Poster
The roar of a B&M and the noise the brakes make on Rita.

Also Corkscrews lift hill, but we won't hear that again after sunday. :(

A

Anonymous

Air-launches, especially Dodonpa, it's just deafening.
Magnetic-brake noise, it's just awesome.
And another favorite, is the valves that release the air-pressure in the rollback brakes after a launch, where you hear a bunch of "hisses" following the train launching.

Kebab

Giga Poster
No other sound beats Furius Baco's launch standing in the queue overlooking the stretch. It sounds like an aircraft about to take off, truly spectacular and loud! :D

Dave

CF Legend
The sound of a B&M roar is good, like Nemesis rumbling going down its first drop, then the roar is suddenly loudly when it emerges, love it everytime I go to Alton Towers.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Brakes and lift-hills of any kind.

B&M roar - especially the sound of Nemesis bursting into it's first corkscrew as mentioned above, it's so loud.

Rita's launch - not the screaming - the actual noise it makes, I can't really describe it.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ I agree but the best BM rumble has to be the hulk. That is amazing and i can describe Rita's sound its like a low level zoooooooooom and then sshhhhhhhhhh.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
The B&M roar, as many have already pointed out.

The Corkscrew lift as well. I always used to joke about how annoying it was but now I regret it ha! But oh well, change is for good change!

However, the most orgasmic sound I have ever heard was when me and my family and friends pulled up outide the Breakers hotel at Cedar Point. I was unloading the people-mover, and I heard the most incredible sound. It was like Rita on the most incredible steriods, with an increased volume of 67 just to make it sound more mental. Then I looked up and saw Dragster shoot off into the sky. That has to be the single most mental sound I've ever heard a roller coaster make. I presume Ka makes the same sound.

However, the noise you hear when you walk into the Magic Kingdom is incredible. I don't know what it is, or what it sounds like, but that sound gives me a feeling like no other.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I second the comments about Corkscrew @ AT - that lift hill noise is soo nice - I'll miss it but hey there's still the roar of a B&M to get excited about! - Nemesis & Dragon Khan being two of my favourites!

Also the sound of an Oblivion car as it goes into the hole is great and the sound Stealth makes as it goes over the airtime hill.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
I'll do 10

Oblivion barke run chhhhh chhhhhhh chhhhhhhhhhh

Tidal wave thundering down and hitting the water like dun dun dun dundundundun BLAM

Nemesis Dun ch ch dun dun ch ch dun dun ch ch dun dun ch ch

Rapids wooden conveyer noise (kind of a clapping sound like in cha cha slide)

Shockwave, Dayton has a great un-scilenced roar

The noise air makes while dis-engaging the lift hill

The static brakes on air

stampadia,s roar

Detonator,s raising noise (especailly when standing right next to the motor)

Rush air cylinders and the noise which you can replecate by rubbing a broom on a sheet garage door.

i could go on there are too many, and smells, oh don't get me started on smells.

Snoo

The Legend
Top Thrill Dragsters Launch.

I can hear it from anywhere in the park.. and I love it.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Mark, other B&Ms make that sexy entering the station sound as well.

Khan springs to mind. And Medusa.

It's lovely.

I've not heard Medusas but I've heard Kahns. It does do it to an extent, just not quite as "sexily". :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I may be biased on this one, but I do love the noise of Vampire's lift-hill... Those two little anti-rollbacks make such a racket :lol:

Superman at Magic Mountain makes such an awesome jet noise as well when you're stood under the tower...

Aside from them, the usual Nemesis roar in the corkscrew and Oblivion going into the hole are both fab...

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Superman at Magic Mountain makes such an awesome jet noise as well when you're stood under the tower...

It certainly does, shame the bark is much more effective then the bite, because the ride itself SUCKS!

The Vampire ride, when you hear the train hit the brakes although you can't see it. You just hear the clatter as it brakes before the second lift hill.

A

Anonymous

^ Talking about Suspended coaster, Eagle Fortress makes an awesome anti-rollback device sound.
It's a pretty loud dunk-dunk noise, almost like something large are hitting some large fiberglass tub.

Oo, this is a hard one. Screams are a big one for me, because honestly, without the sound of screaming riders a theme park would seem totally weird. Here are some other ones I like:

- Clank of the chain lift, which again I couldn't imagine going to a park and not hearing that

- The sound of the pneumatic things on air powered rides like Power Tower and Skyhawk

- B&M roar

-Sound of rides like Ka and Dragster as they launch