Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Exotically flavoured

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm stood here waiting for my sausages to cook so I can consume a delicious sausage sandwich, yum yum. Because I am a student they are Asda's own. One step about the economy type but nowhere near as premium as other kinds of sausage.

But, I'm a bit weird you see. I love the cheaper kind of sauage where they're 50% meat and 50% other. I prefer the cheaper taste as opposed to comething like pork and apple or cumberland.

So, what do you prefer?

nadroJ

CF Legend
No I didn't, firstly there's an 'other' option and in my opinion a sausage has to be made of meat. Like you wouldn't call vegetarian steak vegetarian steak, because it's not steak, it's just some weird frankenstein style mush of non-meat items.

Don't get me started on veggies....

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, let's get the sexual innuendo out of the way.

I like the sausage between my legs.

Now that's over, I don't think you can go wrong with the "exotically" flavoured ones.

There's nothing better than chomping down on a sausage and finding a bit of cheese beneath the skin.

Dave

CF Legend
Pork and apple is always the best ones. Getting sausages from a proper butchers is delicious.

No such thing as a veggie sausage? Surely it's a long goujoun?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I rarely buy sausages, but when I do I get the supermarket 'premium' own brand ones. I don't like the super cheap ones, they taste a bit too gross. The more premium ones taste nice, and aren't too expensive.

We occasionally have 'proper' sausages at home (ie, butcher/post supermarket), and they're very nice, but they're not my normal sausages.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ian said:
I like the sausage between my legs.

Some men would kill for the ability to taste their own sausage. It's quite a skill.

Specific brand for me. Not sure what one though.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Yeah "premium" own brand stuff. In Asda they're the ones that come in packs of 8 or 12 in the thick, kinda glossy paper packaging.

Their Lincolnshire sausages are really nice.

The better quality ones are easier to cook too. Cheaper ones seem to burn really quickly and still be raw in the middle, no matter how low you make the heat!

I know what you mean about some economy foods though, some are just so filthy that they're amazing. God knows what's actually in them though. Asda smart price burgers for instance. They come in a pack of 8 (well, they did, I haven't bought any for ages) and when you cook them they reduce in size by about 60%, but they taste amazing. They don't taste of burger, they just taste mega. And they're so cheap, you can just eat a pack in one sitting... though that's probably about 6 months of your salt allowance...

Frozen chicken kievs too, the cheaper the better.

Dave

CF Legend
Martyn said:
I know what you mean about some economy foods though, some are just so filthy that they're amazing. God knows what's actually in them though. Asda smart price burgers for instance. They come in a pack of 8 (well, they did, I haven't bought any for ages) and when you cook them they reduce in size by about 60%, but they taste amazing. They don't taste of burger, they just taste mega. And they're so cheap, you can just eat a pack in one sitting... though that's probably about 6 months of your salt allowance...

Reminds me of these things;

feast.gif

They don't have real chocolate in them, something else, more fatty/cocoa powder something that makes it cheap as **** to buy.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I tend to buy Richmond sausages, NOM!

I'm not really very fussy at all, because hot sausages are a migraine trigger for me. I can eat one or two, then start to feel ill.

Cold sausages I can eat forever though, it's the weirdest thing ever. :lol:

So any for me, but I'm perfectly happy with the own brand "not cheap as **** " stuff. Best sausages were from the local farmers market - Wild Boar, exceptionally NOM!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah "premium" own brand stuff. In Asda they're the ones that come in packs of 8 or 12 in the thick, kinda glossy paper packaging.

Yup, they're lovely, especially their pork and apple flavour.

Going away from the poll options slighty, the bratwurst sausages they have at Plopsaland de Panne are quite simply the most delicious sausages ever.

DDF14

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
Going away from the poll options slighty, the bratwurst sausages they have at Plopsaland de Panne are quite simply the most delicious sausages ever.

Totally agree with that I love Bratwurst. Plopsaland ones were amazing.

furie said:
Best sausages were from the local farmers market - Wild Boar, exceptionally NOM!

Wild Boar ones in the south of France are exceptional.

Still sticking with Richmond overall proper sausage..

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Supermarket premium mostly with the occasional exotic flavour.

Not cooked in their skins though, I can't eat them if I don't take the skins off first.

Proper Scottish Lorne slicing sausage is my all time favourite but I can never find it except for a cheap & nasty version in the freezer shops

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Polony!!! Best. Sausage. Ever!

Thanks for reminding me Bazpa :)