Balder
Balder
Balder
Balder
Balder
Bald.
Er.

Just in case you missed it.

Eagle's Fortress comes pretty damn close.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Montu is my favourite as it is the one that really stands out to me and really impressed me. It is the best coaster in my opinion of what I have ridden so far.

A

Anonymous

Bizarro and Boulder Dash are my two favorites, completely filled with airtime and so fun!

Emmett

Giga Poster
If it was still standing and running today my favourite would be Cyclone from Pleasureland and out of coasters which are currently running my favourite is Troy from Toverland.

wash

Mega Poster
Right now I'd say my favorite is Afterburn, but I haven't ridden it in years and suspect it's not as good as I remember. I've added lot of coasters to my count since I rode it last, so it might not seem as good as it did before, if that makes sense. If that's the case, then I'd say my favorite would be The Incredible Hulk.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Favourite woody is T-Express, with Colossos as a pretty close second. T-Express has stronger airtime, better first drop and lots of headchoppers, but I loved the more open feeling that Colossos has.

Steel is more difficult to decide really. Personally, I love Steel Dragon 2000, though it's far from the "best" coaster. It's quite boring if you think about the layout, but it's so much fun. Other contenders for favourite steel would be Pyrenees, Fujiyama and Eagle's Fortress. I tend to change my mind a lot about which I prefer out of those four, especially after riding Fujiyama again recently. Love it!

Anyway, favourite coaster: T-Express.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Boulder Dash is #1 in my top 10, but my favorite is still El Toro. It just has a special place in my heart.
Same goes for Superman:RoS. I almost wept when I rode it as Bizarro (if furie hadn't been there I probably would have). Can't believe they massacred my favorite steel coaster the way they did, even though I do like the new trains.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
To be fair though Jerry, it's still an absolutely awesome coaster.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
ThunderCoaster pre 2006.

Perhaps it wasn't as good as I remember it. Perhaps it was because it was my first big coaster. Perhaps it had square wheels and was built by the people who designed PMBO and the people who built T2. But I remember it as awesome. Riding Balder made me recall that feeling, but the tug in your stomach TC offered was way above anything Balder gave me. The roar from the pine structure, the crazy turns and the inertia that never went the same way as you did, made it really stand out.

In some way, it's also my least favourite coaster. Today, it's painful, forceless and dull. Raped, so to say. But thinking about what it once was still warms my heart.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well Pokemaniac, I think half the group who did the Sweden/Norway trip in 2007 preferred TC considerably over Balder. I think it hit a lot of top tens that weekend.

It was a fast, exciting (but uncomfortable) coaster. I'd have loved to have something that good close to me as a first coaster experience :)