Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Islands of Adventure

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Sea World Orlando

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I personally think IoA is a bit overrated. It's great, and it's certainly got the best mix of rides of the lot, but it's lack of anything truly amazing means that it's not fixed in my memory all that well. Between the Superhero area, and Jurassic Park and what is now Harry Potter, what ....is there? Admittedly I went when it was BLOODY COLD and so avoided water areas, probably has a lot to do with it. There seems to be a hell of a lot of filler crap at that park. Again, on the other side of the park, between Harry Potter and the entrance... wtf is there?

Universal is worse. Simulator, simulator, simulator... yawn. In my head though, those parks are combined as one, and when you do that they collectively become the best theme park in Orlando because Revenge of the Mummy is INCREDIBLE. (That I've visited, only done Animal Kingdom of the Disney parks properly.)

I voted Sea World though. Kraken is one of my favourite coasters, combine that was what is effectively a giant world class zoo and aquarium and... Yeah, blew me away, really did. The exhibits there are amazing.

Oh and as for BGA, because it gets lumped in with them, it's overrated too. Especially compared to BGW. It's a horrible layout, it's a bit dry and baron, it's in a horrible area and it's themeing is a bit. I dunno. It almost reminded me of Pleasureland Southport. It's still bloody good there, but it just can't compete with Williamsburg, nor can it with Sea World or, tbh, any of the other major Florida parks. Montu, however. OMFG. <3

Mark

Strata Poster
Magic Kingdom.

I love pretty much all the Orlando parks (except for Seaworld which eurgh...)

However, the Magic Kingdom is my favourite, which is a bit bizarre in a way. It doesn't have the best rides or any of that stuff but there is that feeling I get whenever I am there. A little hard to describe to be honest but I am so unbelievably happy the moment I arrive on the boat/monorail.

marc

CF Legend
This has now changed for me, it used to be IoA but no longer as the park is just dated and run down.

It is also the Magic Kingdom for me as it is a park you can walk into and forget about everything.

NejiHyuga900

Roller Poster
Islands of Adventures is my favorite park in Orlando (I've been to it 3 times in my life ever since I moved to Florida).

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Magic Kingdom. A few years ago, I would have said Epcot in a heartbeat, but it seems to be going downhill while Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents updates really impressed me. As for Islands of Adventure, other than Wizarding World and Spider-Man, I find the park to be good but not too great. The coasters are there for a cheap thrill in a park that's supposed to be highly themed and better ones can be found elsewhere. Dudley Do-Right is the worst log flume I've ever ridden. The rest of the rides are just ok. The staff is bad from my experience. As for theming, you can see a heck of a lot of the show buildings. Other than Hollywood Studios, all of the Floridian Disney parks have better theming.

My order:
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. Disney Hollywood Studios (Toy Story Mania has made the park a lot more interesting)
4. SeaWorld Orlando (I enjoyed both the animal exhibits and the coasters. Staff failed miserably, though)
5. Disney Animal Kingdom (Too big, not many attractions, big attractions are spread so far in between, Expedition Everest is underwhelming, and so on. However, the safari and the atmosphere are excellent)
6. Islands of Adventure (for the reasons listed above)
7. Universal Studios Florida (Men in Black is the best thing there. Rip Ride is ok. E.T. is good. Mummy sucks along with everything else)

1 and 2 are way ahead. 3, 4, 5, and 6 can be interchanged depending on my mood, 7 is way behind.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Having only been to Disney once, I'd still say Islands of Adventure. It could use some revamping/expansion, though. The addition of the Harry Potter section is a good start.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I love how Disney puts together their rides with all the stories behind them but, Universal makes some unreal coasters

1: IOA
2: MGM (now hollywood studios)
3: Universal Studios
4: Magic Kingdom
5: Animal Kingdom
6: Epcot (Misson space was the only good ride)
7: Sea World (had one o.k. coaster i.e. Kraken)

Blizzrock

Roller Poster
Islands. None of the others come close.

The park not only spent great time and effort making each island uniquely landscaped, they also went all out in the rides department too.

It's not a coaster-centered park, it's a perfect balance. You have the coaster thrills with the Hulk and Dragon Challenge. You've got a host of fun and unique water rides in Jurassic Park, Dudley Do-Right, and Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. (For the record, though Dudley is my personal favorite and wins all those Golden Ticket Awards, it's worth mentioning that Popeye itself is worlds better than any other rapids ride I've been on.) And then of course you have the dark rides, an area in which this park dominates the field so completely that it boasts BOTH of the top rides in the world. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is jaw dropping, but the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman will always be the true gem of the park to me.

Altogether just a fantastic park. Between Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and IoA, it's genuinely hard to pick a true favorite, since each truly excel in their own ways. It really just depends on what I'm looking for on a given day, I guess.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Magic Kingdom. I agree with what has been said above you arrive on the monorail and it's a different world where you can forget everything and go on some amazing rides.

I love all the parks and it was so hard to pick one.

Josh73

Giga Poster
Islands of Adventure lacks good coasters I find. They've gotten really riough over the years and just aren't that enjoyable anymore :( But the water rides are epic. I'd go with BGT, but that's Tampa so that doesn't really count, so Seaworld.

marc

CF Legend
When we went in 2010 the park was dead.

Dd is boring so 1 ride each side is enough.

The hulk was too rough to enjoy which was a shame as there was no queue.

The parks gone down hill in the 5 years since we last went.

It seems all the money has gone on Harry Potter and the rest of the park has been neglected.

I hope they sort it out as a new coat of paint on the hulk is not enough.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I have no clue what has happened at IoA, but I do hear Hulk is getting more and more like its namesake, a big brute. Still though, IoA hands down.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I found as I got older the disney parks became more and more cheesy, whereas the non-disney's still held their charm (possibly with the exception of AK/Epcot which are still worth visiting).

Seaworld and BGT are my favourites because they have a great atmosphere as well as great attractions- Islands always feels is a bit less relaxed and a tad more stressful. I also am a zoo enthusiast so love the animal combo too! :p

ryeinc

Roller Poster
Don't get me wrong I love Disney and stuff, but IOA wins hands down! Hulk and the JP: River Adventure are my favorites down there :--D