Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King Boo

• Wario

• Total voters

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Mario has had a few enemys in his time, so who is your favorite boss.

Selections are:
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Baby Bowser
King Boo
Wario (Yes it was a boss in Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins on the Gameboy)

So who is it?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Got to be Donkey Kong. I loved the game in the arcades. Pumped many a 10p into the slot in the 80's and could get through the four levels :)

I even had a Donkey Kong board game with a plastic Donkey Kong which you loaded with barrels and the arm deployed them onto the board. Superb stuff* :)

pic81481_md.jpg

pic81484_md.jpg

*Actually, it was utter tosh!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Boswer in Mario64 was 101% awesome and remains probably my top boss highlight EVER.

My favourite Nintendo bad guy is Wario. I always use him when playing Mario Kart (except the DS version) and on Mario Party.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I agree with Ian that Bowser was awesome in Mario 64, however my favourite ever game for the Game Boy was Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, man the amount of times I replayed that game, and Wario was awesome.

Divv

Roller Poster
I agree with Ian on Bowser in SM64. Just sheer greatness to pick him up by the tail and swing him around.

Of course even Bowser pales in comparison with Gruntilda of Banjo-Kazooie fame!

Homer

Hyper Poster
Bowser on SM64 was good times and had the most fitting boss music ever.

However, Baby Bowser? B*tch please... the Koopalings are Bowser's REAL child(ren)...
sevenkoopalingsrr0.jpg

robertw

Roller Poster
Baby Bowser was never Mario's boss, he was the boss of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's story, so he was Yoshi's boss. You're probably thinking of Bowser Jr. Who was a boss character in Sunshine, NSMB and Galaxy. He's also the coolest Nintendo character ever. Although I've never actually met anyone who agrees with me ;)

King Boo was never a Mario (final) Boss either. He was the boss of Luigi's mansion. Luigi's boss. Even then, it was also Bowser.

To add some missing faces that Mario has fought, how about Wart, Cackletta, Tatanga, Count Bleck, Smithy or Master Hand...

Anyway... My vote is, of course, Bowser. It's always been Bowser.

"What's a finale without a Bowser appearance, huh? A cruddy finale, that's what"
Bowser, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I love the way he was portrayed in the Paper Mario games, so full of character and funny.

Ben

CF Legend
Master Hand

Oh God, he is so cool. Really random, and I have no idea where he comes from, but, still, awesome.

Bowser Jr. in Sunshine was utter coolness as well, and in Mario Kart.

But, Bowser in SM64 is still the best.

PLCP

Mega Poster
Mushroom said:
(Yes it was a boss in Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins on the Gameboy)

Best. Game. Ever.

But anyways, the original Bowser.

Yay for 600 posts. I'm approximately 6% of the way to UC's post count!

Slacky

Mega Poster
Wait there, if Bowser has children, who in god's name is the mother?

Oh yeah and I vote Bowser.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I guess Bowser, but please, the true villains are Doctor Robotnic and Knuckles! :razz: