What's new

Favorite Defunct Roller Coaster

Edward M

Strata Poster
Some rides you wish never left. What are these for you?

Mine are Rampage @ Alabama Adventure and Disaster Transport

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
White Water Landing and Mill Race at Cedar Point.

white_water_landing.jpg

millrace1986_159.jpg

MILLRACE.JPG

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Er yeah, defunct roller coaster.

Can I just say Villain out of spite? Maybe it was misunderstood the entire time! :razz:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was going to make some sarcastic and cutting remark about how people will go on about a "great old Schwartzkopf" or something, getting all misty eyed about some old POS like Thunderlooper or The Beast - how it's such a shame Anton's best old machines have all gone out to pasture and whatever.

Then I had a good long think about it, and the only ride I can think of that's no longer "available to ride" that I'd love to ride again is... The Bullet from Flamingoland. I was gutted when I realised that - bad_furie.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
The only coaster i've ever been on that is no longer operating is Corkscrew at Alton Towers, so i'll go with that.

I wish i'd ridden Black Hole, but as a kid I wouldn't ride anything that I couldn't see first.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's okay, it was rubbish - you didn't miss out on anything.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd love to have "one more go" on Bullet at FL and Scenic Railway at Margate.

Can't really say I have a favourite defunct coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll second the Schwartzkopf love - while Dorney Park's Laser lives on in Mexico, it is defunct to the point that I'll never ride it again. It was my first Schwartzkopf looper, and quite a good one at that. Definitely makes you come to appreciate the awe of the Schwartzkopf loop!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Don't second it, I hate myself for saying it - I think they're generally mediocre or poor, with just one or two being really "good".

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Maybe a better label for Schwartzkopf is "iconic?"

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I was actually going to put Flamingoland's Bullet as well. It was excellent, but the shoulder restraints could be quite painful. They had a horrible habit of sometimes tightening through the ride, leaving you in agony and unable to move until they were released.

Riding it as a lapbar only ride solved the problem fortunately.