What's new

Favorite dark ride shooters

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
We Americans who have done both Lives just rode a ton of dark ride shooters. Some of them were good, and some were awful. Here are my favorite to my least favorite:

Men in Black: Alien Attack
Ghostwood Estate
Reeses Cup Challenge
The Scary Swamp
Gobbler Getaway
Flooded Mine
Boo Blasters on Boo Hill - King's Dominion
Boo Blasters on Boo Hill - Carowinds
Boo Blasters on Boo Hill - King's Island
Whatever the one at Indiana Beach is called.

MIB is my favorite because the blasters have lasers that are accurate and you're basically fighting against the other coach. At points, you could shoot the other coach and make them spin out.

Ghostwood Estate is second because the blasters have lasers that are accurate and there are plenty of targets to shoot at.

Reeses Cup Challenge is also up there because it has lasers and a fair amount of targets. I did find this a bit rigged though. If you sit in back, you get to shoot the targets that the people in front of you shoot, so you get a few extra points for hitting an already shot target.

I could go on, but why bother. What do you guys think about dark ride shooters?

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I love dark ride shooters, but most parks don't make them as good as they can be. Toy Story Mania at Disney's California is the best and most fun because of how high-tech and unique it is to others. I also loved Boo Blasters at Kings Dominion; it had good theming and was just done well.

Ghostwood Estate at Kennywood and Gobbler Getaway at Holiday World are decent, but don't really stand out. I would also throw Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters at Disneyland in here. It's good but gets boring after a while.

Reece's Xtreme Cup Challenge at Hershey is a joke, and I sadly didn't get a chance to do Lake Compounce's.

Haha the only reason I like the Indiana Beach one is because I won. But I'd rank them like this probably:

Ghostwood Estate, Kennywood
Men in Black, Universal
Scary Swamp, Six Flags St Louis
Gobbler Getaway, Holiday World
Boo Blasters, Kings Island
Boo Blasters, Wonderland
Boo Blasters, Carowinds
Boo Blasters, Kings Island
Den of Lost Thieves, Indiana Beach
Reeses Cup Challenge, Hershey
Flooded Mine, Silver Dollar City

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I liked Atlantis Adventure at Europa Park best.

On the other end of the scale is Legoland Windsor's attempt, Laser Raiders... poor poor poor.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^I've done them two, plus Duel. I think that's all the ones that I've done. I would say that Duel is my favourite as I have rode it loads and know how to get quite a big score. I like the other two though with how you can turn the car on Buzz Lightyear and how it spins like crazy on MIB. Overall I think they're great attractions.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
One's that I win at.

Oh, and Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters is pretty good!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I can take or leave most of them - quite enjoyed men in black at usf - and I have a bit of a soft spot for golden nuggets at drayton for some odd reason...

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Men In Black @ Universal Studios and Toy Story Mania @ Disney's Hollywood Studios are probably the best ones I've ridden. :D

Buzz lightyear @ Disneyland Paris and Duel @ Alton Towers are also really good. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Inverse said:
I liked Atlantis Adventure at Europa Park best.

ABENTEUR!!!!!!!!!! <3

I also like Tomb Blaster at Chessie (naturally), as well as most of the ones mentioned...

Ghostwood Estate needs to be spoken about more... Loved it...

Lofty

CF Legend
El Laberinto del Minotauro at Terra Mitica is pretty fun, solely for the fact that Sally Corp had such a massive influence on it. It's a tad strange how you don't get points at the end but hey there you go.

I still really like Duel too. I love the soundtrack but the noise the green ghost makes does start to get on your nerves... lol!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Duel and Tomb Blaster are the only two I can remeber, I have been on the buzz lightyear one in florida but can't remeber a thing about it.

Technicaly Tomb Blaster was better, but the pace of the ride was awfull, there were points where you would be stuck in a room just shootng at one thing for about 2 minuites. Compared to duel where you normaly move constantly. The thing is the effects in Tomb Blaster and the cars that spin in diffrent directions are amazing, but the ride sequence itself is dissapointing. Where as duel has rather poor effects but just has the element of fun in it!

I also tried to go on Lazer Raiders....but the queue was rediculous!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Well, I only did two of them. El Paso Special in Bobbejaanland, also known as Bench: The Ride. I think this one is just hilarious. The animatronics look like puppets from windows from H&M or something like that. And they don't move at all.

So my favorite is Challenge of Tutankhamon in Walibi Belgium.

Ben

CF Legend
I actually think Duel is my favourite, I just LOVE it.

I don't really like the Buzz Lightyears. Probably cause Toy Story is rubbish.

Men in Black is awesome.

The one at Lake Compounce is great as well.

Other than that, the rest I've done (that I can think of at least) just didn't do it for me. Duel's amazinng. Plus, I'm AWESOME at it.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I love Duel. The queue is awesome, and so's its area. The ride is really good fun too. Love the random ghost lady in the middle somewhere that goes "Eewwwweerrr Errrooowwweeerr" on repeat. Constant changes in direction make it interesting and make it feel a bit more like a mission.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
CreditCrazy said:
Reece's Xtreme Cup Challenge at Hershey is a joke, and I sadly didn't get a chance to do Lake Compounce's.

You didn't miss much, Ghost Hunt is pretty lame. It was good for a laugh, but I felt ripped off after waiting like a half an hour through that slow moving line.

Anyways, I guess I like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin the best out of all two of the dark ride shooters I've been on. But they all seem to get kind of old after a few rides. There's better things to ride. Maybe Toy Story Mania will prove to be good this fall.