What's new

Farup Sommerland | Saven | Vekoma Custom Family Boomerang

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a higher quality YouTube version by the park:-
Looks like a solid family ride!

Stats:-
  • 24m (78.4ft) tall.
  • 460m (1,509.2ft) track length (traversed in a single ride, not physical track length).
  • 37.3mph max speed.
  • Single train with 20 passengers.
  • Capacity of 700pph.
  • 0.95m height requirement.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Should be a great ride for the park! Accelerator at Drayton Manor is really fun, so I don't see why this won't be!

Niles

Giga Poster
Love the tunnel and do you all think it will have a water splash like in the animation or naa.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Cool to see a nice, drawn out layout as opposed to a more compact one. Looks pretty solid!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
While I'm very glad to see a new coaster at this park, I would have liked to see them go a bit bigger. Their last coaster was in 2013.
The park has also released this rather nice concept art:

faarup_saven_01.jpg

faarup_saven_02.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That first graphic looks really nice. Something about the scale of the trees with the ride, I think. If it comes anything close to that that'll be great!

Quite like the look of this as a custom layout too.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Excellent! It looks like it should fit in nicely for the park. Despite being home to several large rollercoasters, the place has a very tranquil feel to it. Probably all the trees and lakes. There's something quite graceful about the way the layout bounces through the greenery.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I've always wished that Vekoma would build one of these fun-looking rides in the States - they'd make excellent, compact, unique and inexpensive family coasters while still offering a decent thrill for coasterfans.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's interesting to see more widespread layouts with the junior Boomerangs now (what with Tayto also going for one). I've always felt that the compact nature added to the fun of a Boomerang, but this does look pretty decent.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
While I'm very glad to see a new coaster at this park, I would have liked to see them go a bit bigger. Their last coaster was in 2013.
*Sobs quietly in Norwegian*

Anyway, interesting to see that the world gets another Saw: The Ride. It looks like a neat little addition for Fårup.