What's new

Fantasy Island (UK) Updates - GForce returns p5

Smithy

Strata Poster
Re: Fantasy Island (UK) Updates

Repaint of JO looks quite good tbf, black supports make it stand out a lot.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

From that angle, them both having yellow track makes them look like 1 large mega-coaster!

Scott88

Hyper Poster

That's really strange seeing JO in bright yellow, but I am glad they are taking care of it!

I don't know if anyone is heading there this weekend, but they haven't tested the coasters so far, so it will be a miracle if they are both open.

Lofty

CF Legend

Those graphics are the worst thing I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Someone was in the right place at the right time this morning, as they spotted a lorry containing GForce, the world's only Fabbri Giant Booster, heading back to Fantasy Island, after being removed 14 years ago.

FB_IMG_1459348033363.jpg

Looks like the 180ft ride is going where the Mouse coaster used to sit.

I am now genuinely quite excited for the future of this place under Mellors...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love to see new additions. It's not my type of thrill ride but it suits the parks.

Although I do wonder how much down time an 180ft ride will have seeing as they rarely operate Odyssey in winds stronger than the draft generated by flipping over the page of a book.

darrenhosker

Roller Poster
I remember going on this ride multiple times back in the early 2000's. It was a great addition to Fantasy Island, so glad they have brought it back. It was terrifying due to the height and size of this thing.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Never rode a booster like Gforce but should get a chance to at Birmingham Pride (if my gf is right about one being there?) along with some other flats you don't get at my local fair.

Off topic but Odyssey= one of the biggest coaster failures out there :( can't operate in anything above moderate winds and cost £28 million (comparable to Fury 325 and any of America's biggest and best coasters). As the Top Gear lads would say, ambitious but rubbish

shawnoc

Mega Poster
My god that is sooo much bigger than the one on the Palace Pier (sorry for non Brighton folk Brighton Pier).