What's new

Fantasy Island NEW WEBSITE up and running P3

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It is confusing, but I think the website says that the park is open from Easter at weekends only, with limited rides, with more opening each weekend until full schedule is open.

As for the prices...fairish? Maybe.

Emmett

Giga Poster
You would think that the official FI site would be trying to advertise or even announce the new wristbands to avoid the confusion with prices, but there is still no updates on the site and they are still advertsing stuff from 2008. The whole site needs a complete revamp.

£22 to whore JO and MC all day seems like a good deal to me.

Ali

Mega Poster
^ Agree. But if people were to travel all the way to Fantasy Island, then find that JO and MC are closed then it would be a complete waste of time and money. Hopefully they will improve on the reliabilty of the rides being open.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Dunno, sounds like you guys have not actually been on JO.

It's pretty pummeling, 4 goes was as much as I could take back in 2006, it's still a great ride tho.

Whoring it all day?... you'd prob end up feeling ill.

As for MC, it's cool for the novelty of the strange layout, but TOTALLY meh.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think there may be a discounted price for wristbands online, instead of £12-£22, it will be £11-£17, I think, nothing is 100% on that just yet.

Its all very confusing IMO, and I'll let you anything as soon as I can make sense of it.

The whole site needs a complete revamp.

FI did confirm that they are in the process of making a brand new website for 2009. No sign of it yet though....

aly

Mega Poster
Okay Folks, here's the pricing structure for 2009 in an easier to understand way!

Child Wristband (Under 12's) - Will range from: £6.00 - £16.00

Adult Wristband (Over 12's) - Will range from: £12.00 - £22.00

The cost have been confirmed for the main season at £11 for a Childs Wristband and £17 pounds for an Adult Wristband. However further discounts will be applied when Wristbands are pre-booked on-line and collected at the park!

Bank Holidays etc will be charged at a Higher Rate (most likely due to house busy the park gets, to generate more revenue).

The reason that the prices range in value is that obviously at certain times of the year, the park operate a limited ride selection.

The management have also made it clear that they will not tollerate rides being closed unless due to unforseen circumstances and/or health & safety reasons. If this does happen they have hinted at some form of compensation which is yet to be agreed with the Head Office in London.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well finally after 15 years if operation, Fantasy Island are ready to introduce Wristbands on Saturday 4th April.

From that date the park will be open everyday of the week untill the end of the season, with wristbands available everyday.

The only bad news is, the park have confirmed that 2 of the big rides wont be opening this weekend as they are due some kind of inspections from the manufacturers, they are Absolutely Insane and Volcanic Impact.

The park did say when realising the info about the wristbands that when a ride is down, you will be compensated, my only guess would be a price reduction on wirstbands.

Anyway, fingers crossed everybody...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Good luck to them, hope they have a blinding season.

I'll report on it at the end (going for a long weekend in Skeggy in September) :)

Emmett

Giga Poster
I'm amazed that they still haven't updated thier website with new pricing structure for the wristbands. How do they expect people to go if they aren't going to advertise it online.

I know the news is probably on all the UK coaster sites but the enthusiast community isn't exactly going to pack the park out every week.

If they want to be taken seriously as a 'park' then they really need to update the whole site and also get rid of the tacky market.

Good luck to them anyway.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^They said they were going to have a new website for this year. They said that when they realeased the info about wristbands.

You're ment to be able to get a nice discount for buying your wristband on this new wesbite, thats what the park said anyway.

Emmett

Giga Poster
They must have been watching. They have done a good job on the new look and the site looks much easier to navigate and find out the information. Thank god that old one is gone, the information was years out of date.

I really like that new logo and the banner at the top of the site. Also the new wristband booking system is a great new addition.

Ben

CF Legend
lol, the only fail is the "If you like this ride you'll like ________" section.

Apparently because I like Odyssey, I'll also like this Frog Hopper thing... Uh... YAY

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
^ And if you loved the Elephant Ride, youll love the Beast too!

The descriptions of the rides are also a bit uninspirational...

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
This is wonderful news :D

Its so nice to see FI finally transform itself. I have only been once myself and that was a short and sweet visit to Ingoldmells and most of the rides were either down or closed (this was at Easter last year) and I remember tickets being very pricey. I even said they needed to introduce the wristband option or they'd be finished.

Its great to hear this news then! And £17 is very reasonable (on the condition that JO and MC are operating) considering the prices of other amusement parks (The price for Pleasure Beach climbed back up to £25-£30 yesterday) FI is very underated but hopefully, what with the seaside holiday demand this year and the marketing and introduction of new paying options people will start to take more notice of the place. Who knows, if they have a good season more ride development could be in order, or perhaps complete renovation :)

Love it

Richie

Hyper Poster
Looooove ittttttt!

I was at Ingoldmells (classy...) from monday/saturday and I am loving the fact that they FINALLY, FINALLY have wristbands! I've been visiting for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears and I never thought it would actually happen.

Yay!

Ps. They were really professional and genuinely seemed excited at the wristband/pay per ride card thing desk, which was really nice to see :)