What's new

Fantasy Football (American football)

RCF

Strata Poster
I feel that there is something super fishy about this Teo situation. I just have the feeling that there is more to this then the eye can see. But I agree about his Heisman situation. Like Manziel was blown up by the media (yes he's good, but let's be honest, the media influenced that badly). I just feel like this year had no REALLY big, truly talented player that there usually is. But this Teo situation is definitely troubling when all the truth comes out, and could cost him millions of dollars and potentially a chance at being a high draft pick. Assuming all the rumours are true.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
RCF said:
I feel that there is something super fishy about this Teo situation. I just have the feeling that there is more to this then the eye can see. But I agree about his Heisman situation. Like Manziel was blown up by the media (yes he's good, but let's be honest, the media influenced that badly). I just feel like this year had no REALLY big, truly talented player that there usually is. But this Teo situation is definitely troubling when all the truth comes out, and could cost him millions of dollars and potentially a chance at being a high draft pick. Assuming all the rumours are true.

Have you Seen the Bills?

As of right now I would be surprised to see him get passed the bills. There will likely be many changes from the combine and pro days etc however.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The Bills don't want him. There is a guy named Jarvis Jones who is a straight freak, that is who the bills should get. Hell Arthur Brown from K-State is better than Teo, tackling wise.

I think he just had a lot of little black balls of death put next to his name, that is if the entire situation is true.

I don't understand why they are saying he is a victim of a hoax, it's more he tried to play everyone and got caught.

Snoo

The Legend
I just laugh because its Notre Dame really.. and their cinderella season came to an end by a complete destruction and their 'best player' being exposed for a fraud.

Play like a champion today indeed.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
This hoax thing won't damage his draft stock nearly as much as Alabama running roughshod over him in the national championship did. Everyone got a good look at how he performed when up against the nearest thing to an NFL offensive line that you can find in college... didn't look so good, did it?

Notre-Dame-Alabama.jpg

That said, it's definitely fishy. I find it incredibly hard to believe Teo's version of the story where he was duped by some unknown troll, especially given the inconsistencies in the various reportings of the details of their relationship. And yet, I can't for the life of me fathom why he thought he could cook up some fake girlfriend & just let the story balloon out of control like that, thinking nobody would ever find out the truth. Honestly, what he should do is have some sort of Oprah-style interview where he truthfully answers the pressing questions about the details of his supposed relationship. Innocent or not, the sooner he addresses this thing, the quicker he can put it behind him. But somehow I doubt that we are ever going to hear the full truth, and speculation will continue.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's smells fishy to me, but not Catfish.
Love of his life for the last three years, yet never seen her. That's including during her supposed struggle with cancer, then overcoming it, then the car accident & then not attending her funeral. Who would ever treat the love of their life like that? Plus his father said that they met & exchanged phone numbers after the Standford game & they spent time together during school holidays when Teo was at home in Hawaii.
The only hoax here is the one Teo pulled last year & the new one he's pulling now by trying to put the blame on someone other than himself.
But kudos to Teo for stealing Lance Armstrong's fire. :p

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I agree, but I just can't imagine why he would try to pull this off if it really is an elaborate lie, as it certainly seems to be at this point. Publicity stunt, I guess? A way to drum up momentum for his Heisman campaign, as Tom pointed out? Whatever the motivations, if he really believed that he could get away with this without anyone discovering the truth, then there are obviously some mental/emotional issues at play here.

ECG said:
But kudos to Teo for stealing Lance Armstrong's fire. :p

The big loser here is Oprah. I'd be interested to see what the TV ratings were for her Lance interview, and I wonder if they took a hit because this story completely overtook that one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I saw on the ESPN bottom line that a friend of the girls (who doesn't exist which makes me say dafuq?) or it was his, not sure, but it said that they thought he did it "90 percent for the publicity" which is, well duh. I was distracted a bit when I saw it to be honest. (I was at Tilted Kilt, and for those who have never been, well it's got great scenery so to say)

I just don't get the real motive?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Sorry but if I have a girlfriend who died of Leukemia, even if she was just online, I would still go to her funeral. The street runs both ways and this guy is far from a saint.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^I'm not saying he should have checked it out, I'm just saying that he (at least for some amount of time) the victim of the hoax. Using it after he supposedly knew what happened is all on him.

I also imagine it doesn't really effect his draft status as this is the time of year i start actually looking at college players

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You aren't one of the people paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to evaluate talent. These guys go through very rigorous tests, both physical and mental, for teams to decide if they will draft a certain player. They are investing millions of dollars, not even counting the bonuses, into these guys, and I can guarantee a few teams are really put off by this.

Perfect example, Justin Houston from Georgia. He was a LOCK for the first round, then he got in trouble for marijuana, and he falls to the third round. He was one of the best Linebackers in the draft and because of weed, he lost millions of dollars. That was for weed. He is making about $570,000 next season. The other great LB in that class? Von Miller, who is making a tad bit more than him, yet their stats are very similar. Telling me lying about a fake girlfriend for publicity (which this clearly is becoming, since he knew of it after some time) is a lot worse than taking a hit from a bong.

He got owned by Alabama, which thankfully made those draft projections take a hit. Now this is going to make him tumble. Will he be first round still? Without a doubt, but I for one won't be surprised when it's pick 20 and he is still sitting there, without a hat on his head, dumbfounded of why he hasn't been drafted yet.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^All I said is I don't think it will affect his draft stock. Nothing more than an opinion. I understand your point of view on it as well though.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Who has two thumbs & can't wait to get 2 more weeks of wall-to-wall coverage of Ray Lewis crying & praying & prancing around the sidelines & shouting at people like a damn maniac?

This guy! :mrgreen:

Go Niners.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Niners were gifted that game. How do you not throw a flag on that last fourth down for rape. Guy was in his butthole and jerking on his arms and no flag. Un be **** ing leavable. I'm pissed that's how Tony went out. Two ABSOLUTE bull **** personal foul calls, and his career is over like that. Respect the best tight end in NFL history a bit.

Can't wait to see Ray standing over Kapers yelling and "wooing."

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Eh, as a completely neutral fan who didn't have a dog in that fight, I think the reffing was pretty spotty in favor of both sides. Roddy probably should've drawn a flag on that last pass, but then again the Falcons got a major gift earlier in that same drive on that long pass to Harry Douglas that somehow stood up under review when it was very obvious that the ball slipped out of his hand & hit the ground.

It shouldn't have come down to the reffing anyway. Falcons fans can complain about that last call till the cows come home, but what they should be complaining about is the fact that their team was up 17-0 & blew it by only managing 7 points in the second half. Instead of putting the game away, they kept it up for grabs & the Niners took it from them, plain & simple.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Was at work for most of the time. That was one of the worst non-calls I saw, but I couldn't really watch that closely. The falcons lost an early lead, but that non-call by the refs certainly didn't help.