What's new

Fantasy Football (American football)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I disagree with several of those, specifically Newton, Tebow, Sanchez, Weeden and Bradford. What do ALL of them have in common. GOD AWFUL OFFENSIVE LINES. Sparing Tebow and Sanchez for a moment (they are their own conversation which I will get to shortly) all these QBs are on bad teams, and that is nothing of their fault.

You can't slam Weeden for being on the Browns, it wasn't his choice, and if you watch them, it is clear they are getting better. Him and Richardson with Josh Gordon are going to do some good things. I see Weeden leading the Browns to the playoffs in the next few years, only problem is the AFC North is probably the best division in football.

With Newton, he has the ability, we have all seen it, the kid is a stud, but the team is just horrible. They have no offensive line, Jonathan Stewart and DeAngello Williams (is that who it is, brain fart) can't even run on that team, plus Steve Smith has TWO TD's ALL YEAR. That is no number 1 right there. They need a lot of help, and Rivera will be gone as coach after this season, and I will have my coaching special later on, but I see a high profile guy moving in.

Bradford is same story, that team has been bad since he got there, and he has been bitten by the injury bug, but now, they have arguably one of the best coaches in NFL history (which I consider Fisher to be, he may be the best to never win a Super Bowl in the modern era) and he can draft a team. 2 years and they are top team in the NFC, mark my words.

I have to add Freeman as well. You are biased by being a Bucs fan. Yes, he has weapons now, but he is not a good game manager and is mid to upper tier, but far from one of the best young QB's. Also, calling him young is a stretch, same with Stafford. Then you have to add the likes of Matt Ryan and Flacco in, and if you do that, well I see Ryan as #4 QB in the league, only behind Rogers, Brady, and Brees. Yes, I rank old forehead #5.

Without question, the best 3 QB's with less than 2 years of service are Big Red (Dalton), Pube face (Luck), and RG3 (won't add anything for fear of racism chants).

Now, Sanchez. He was a reach at #5 overall, but worked for him was he came into a relatively good team that had like 3 years left. We are in, what, year 5? The team is old now, and Rex Ryan tried to change coaching style with a team that doesn't respect him, it doesn't work.

Then Tebow. Now my personal opinion of the guy, he is a winner. He proved that in Denver, nobody can say that it isn't true because he led so many late comebacks to get the win. It isn't pretty, but he has the X factor that the teams look for. He shouldn't be in New York, and he reportedly turned down a trade to Jacksonville for who knows why, but he needs to go small market and fast. He needs a team to buy into him, because then he will be a good (NOT ELITE looking at you TONY HOMO) QB who could lead a team in a playoff run. There are only 2 coaches who could do that, in my opinion, and they are Cowher and Gruden. Both would work to make him work, especially Gruden, because he know's he is a winner. Otherwise, Tebow will become an H back and do really well. Regardless, I see success in his future.

My coaching carousel post will be next, with who gets fired and who goes where.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Well then, here are my off-the-cuff thoughts on the QB's in question, in one sentence or less because this topic has had its fair share of extremely verbose posts (and I am certainly an offender :roll: ):

Luck - The real deal, and I will be extremely surprised if he does not win at least one MVP or a Super Bowl (maybe multiple of each) before all is said and done.

RGIII - Great guy, huge upside, the QB the Skins have been lacking for a long time, and will give defenses fits his whole career as long as he's healthy.

Wilson - So far so good..

Freeman - Franchise guy if he can be more consistent.

Stafford - Keep chucking it to Calvin and you'll be just fine.

Newton - Unmatched physical talents, but he is just too immature and self-centered to be a true franchise QB.

Tannehill - A little better than I thought he'd be, and still only a rookie, but doesn't appear to be much more than a league-average QB.

Locker - Mixes amazing plays with some baffling, sometimes frustrating ones. I admit I'm biased, but once he cleans up some of the mistakes, he has the talent to be a top-10 QB. (Yeah that was 2 sentences.. sue me. :p )

Dalton - Like Stafford, ride that elite receiver you have as long as you can, and you can go far.

Bradford - Would like to see what he could do with some legit receivers (Lloyd for half a season doesn't count, and Amendola's a slot guy, not a true #1 threat).

Kaepernick - Jury's still out on this one.. certainly much more dynamic than Alex Smith, though.

Weeden - I can't quite decide whether he's bad or good, but at age 29, the Browns unfortunately have little time to make that choice.

Tebow - Love the guy, but I'll be surprised if another NFL team gives him a legit chance at being a starting QB. He'll find ways to make himself useful, though.

Sanchez - Don't give me anything about his receivers or O-line.. face it, he's garbage.

Foles - His team's a mess right now, but if the Eagles bring in a strong offensive coach and decide to fully support him as the starter, he could blossom.

Ponder - Mostly mediocre to bad, and doesn't look like he'll be much better than that.

Gabbert - Awful, and that hideous moustache only compounds his awfulness.

Skelton - Seriously?

Lindlay - Just... no.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Sanchez is bad. Just like every other USC QB I can think of.

Seriously, Has there been a Great QB to come out of USC in the last 25 years?

Too layed back life and bad work ethic.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I guess Carson Palmer's the best they've been able to do. To be fair, he's not all that bad, but he certainly isn't "great" either.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Carson Palmer was good, but Cincinnati was so bad they couldn't protect him in his prime, which led to injuries, and then he is now far from great on a mediocre team.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Mediocre is a generous way of putting it. Also, it is kind of odd that for all the talent that USC tends to put into the NFL across a whole bunch of positions, they really haven't had a QB make it as a solid starter in the pros, other than Palmer. It'll be interesting to see if Barkley can buck that trend. I think he's a somewhat limited quarterback, but one who could thrive on an otherwise decent team that just needs an upgrade at QB (like the Bills, Jets, or Vikings, for instance). The problem is, since he's the best of a relatively poor QB class, he's likely to end up getting drafted by a team that's really bad in several key areas (O-line, running game, receiving weapons, defense, or some combination thereof) and be expected to lift them up.. basically the Chiefs, Cards, Raiders, or Jags (though I'm not quite sure they're ready to give up on Gabs just yet).

Colossus

Giga Poster
I doubt he will land in Buffalo or Minnesota, but I wouldn't be surprised?

Depends on how teams value him and or how desperate they are for a change at QB?

Some teams may rather look to free agency or trade?

Mike Vick, Matt Flynn, Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick, Tim Tebow, could potentailly be available in the off season.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
May as well go ahead & hand me the consolation bracket title! I may have started the season 0-5, but I've been absolutely on fire since then, winning 5 out of the last 9, including a 2-game winning streak back in weeks 6 and 7!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Overrated from the beginning. Never was a top 5 caliber pick. They reached for a QB and now they are stuck in another bad QB class.

How bout my Chiefs getting 117 yards against the Raiders yesterday and no first downs until 5 minutes left in the third quarter. CHAMPS!