What's new

Fantasy Football (American football)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I started Doug Martin and Adrian Peterson in another PPR league, & they put up 111 points between them. I like my chances. :--D

Colossus

Giga Poster
I don`t know, I think you`ve got me here, Rodgers, Palmer and LeShoure came up big for you, I need a huge day from Brees tomorrow, without throwing to Graham, can`t see it unfortunately,

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Colossus said:
I don`t know, I think you`ve got me here, Rodgers, Palmer and LeShoure came up big for you, I need a huge day from Brees tomorrow, without throwing to Graham, can`t see it unfortunately,

Well that made up for Fred Jackson Antonio brown and CJ Spiller getting a combined 13.3 points...

Also I tried to pick up a player at 11am this morning when i saw sproles was out but it went to waivers WTF TOM.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Lol well I totally forgot to take out Dexter McCluster on Thursday, he got he a 2 points, I was certain Brandon Pettigrew would get me some points against the Jags, but he got me 1 whole point, as the Lions decided they would run LeShoure for all the TD`s lol.

AP, Peyton and his former boyfriend Reginald have kept me in it slightly.

But as I see I`ll need a miracle from Drew tomorrow.

Also Randal Cobb done good for you, but he shouldn't have even been on the field because Greg Jennings shouldn't be injured :mad:

lol

tomahawk

Strata Poster
What does the moon and Texas A&M have in common?
They both control the tide!

So happy Bama lost, they were overrated. Interesting to see rankings tomorrow, here is how I see human polls:

1. Oregon
2. K-State
3. Notre Dame
4. Alabama
5. Georgia

BCS:
1. K-State
2. Oregon
3. Notre Dame
4. Alabama
5. Georgia

I can't see Bama being above an undefeated team, but then again, it is the "almighty" SEC. K-State offense looked a bit flat tonight, but once up 23-0, they coasted. Defense was stout, until the last minute when they gave up a touchdown. Oh well, 2 more victories until undefeated and I am on my way to Miami...hopefully.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Bama didn't fall far at all. They no longer control their own destiny, but it looks like they are still in the national championship if they win the SEC and 2 of 3 between Oregon, KSU, and ND lose a game. A 1-loss Alabama will rank higher than any of those teams with 1 loss.

Oregon still has some tough games coming up with Stanford, Oregon State, and either UCLA or USC. Their offense is a juggernaut, but USC exposed their defense in a big way. If one of those teams can find a way to slow them down, they could lose.

ND really didn't look that impressive against BC, a team that Oregon, KSU, and Bama would have absolutely shelled. They could very well struggle with Wake, and if they don't lose that one, I'm about 80% sure that they will at USC.

KSU has the best chance of the three to go undefeated. They aren't showing any weaknesses right now and Klein looks like he's OK after the mystery injury suffered last week. You could argue, though, that Texas will be the best team they face all season; however, they will have the advantage of playing that game at home.

No way a 1-loss Bama supplants any of those teams in the national championship if they finish undefeated. All they can do is win out and hope two of those three drop a game. If I had to estimate the odds of that happening, I'd say they're between 20%-30%.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah I knew Bama wouldn't fall far, same as last year when they lost to LSU, infact I would probably still have them above The Fighting Irish.
Oregon do have a nasty run in as you say, with Stanford, then @ Oregon State, then the PAC-12 Championship game. If anybody's going to slip up it`s going to be Oregon.
K-State I think will be fine, Baylor won`t be a problem and Texas could potentially be an upset but I doubt it. As for Notre Dame, I think USC could give them a problem.
Eitherway I dint think two of these teams will slip up and let Nick Saban back into the BCS Championship game. Bama can`t even hammer there way into contention and hope that Oregon lose and leapfrog ND, as they only have two weak teams left in West Carolina and Auburn, oh how "Johnny Football" has cost the Tide.

What I want to know, and I`m looking at you Marcus, is where the hell did Ohio State disappear to? A few weeks ago you guys where like #8, all of a sudden you vanished from the top 25 without losing a game?

Snoo

The Legend
AP rankings: #6
Everything else: Unranked

SOMEONE needs to learn the Rankings. Still 10-0 baby. <3

tomahawk

Strata Poster
See, I am just happy Ohio State got ban hammered this year, because with that joke of a schedule, they would be keeping K-State out of the NCG if we win out. Thanks for giving Pryor all those free cars Snoo <3

Injuries are a bit concerning for me right now. Since Snyder says nothing, I have to go through friends who have classes with some of the guys, that said, Lockett and Zimmerman, WR and S who got hurt last week respectively, are pretty banged up, but neither broke their ankles, allegedly. Baylor has an awful defense, so I am not concerned really about that one, but if they aren't there for Texas, I will be scared. Playing spoiler to UT for the past 6 years, hopefully payback isn't coming this year.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ You see Joey, this is one of the things that makes college football so great: never-ending controversy & speculation! The NFL, by virtue of its logical system of playoffs, is much more cut-and-dried. It's almost too fair and well-organized for its own good. Doesn't make it any less fun to watch (I find both college & pro equally fun to watch, for various reasons), but it does mean that there's less conversation fodder.

Tom, you'll also want to thank the NC State Wolfpack, whose last-minute touchdown against FSU back in early October is the only thing keeping the Noles from complicating this situation even further!

Here's another interesting possibility that absolutely nobody is talking about: Georgia in the national championship. They are essentially on equal footing with Alabama rankings-wise (though they have a tougher game against GT remaining where Bama plays Western Carolina, but they should win that one), so if they manage to win out & beat them for the SEC title, any of the same scenarios that would result in Bama getting to the natty would also put them in there.

I'd actually kind of love to see that happen, just because most people's reaction would be something like "WTF how did we end up here?!"

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
nah. College football is boring. Likely because I don't really have a team to route for. That and I just don't care about college and I find it disgusting that these players could get seriously injured and lose there potential source of income without any kind of compensation. On top of that the NCAA rules are really really dumb and useless and the current BCS system is a joke...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This is part 1 in response to your comment Joey, because it will get too watered down if I keep writing it now.

They also can get seriously injured in high school, so should they be paid then too? Jr. High? Pop Warner? I hurt my back sophomore year of high school, should I have been paid for my freshman year? When you talk about paying college athletes you get going on a slippery slope REAL fast. What sports don't get paid and which do? How do you determine a pay scale? By team? By position? By conference? You can't go recruit grade because well, it doesn't pan out 80% of the time (number courtesy of my asshole). Paying college athletes isn't the answer, because you know what? They are ALREADY GETTING PAID. It is called a free education at a college or university OF THEIR CHOOSING. Below are 5 schools representing the four major conferences and their keynote teams, and then Notre Dame because they are ass hats and need to always be mentioned :roll:

Some examples of my reasoning, numbers are based off this school year and out of state tuition when applicable (excludes Notre Dame and USC as they are private institutes):
Alabama: $37,810
USC: $59,883
Notre Dame: $54,905
Texas: $32,380
Ohio State: $35837

Ok, so UT is the cheapest at 32k a year. Now, each athlete is there for up to 5 years, so that's how we will calculate the cost. So here is what those numbers look like after 5 years.
Bama: $189050
USC: $299415
ND: $274525
UT: $164150
tOSU: $179185

Holy ****. Now tell me, coming out of high school, how many jobs can you get in this economy, that will pay you $60k a year? $50? $40? Hell, $30? Not many at all. These athletes are going to some of the top universities in the country, despite not meeting academic requirements to attend such schools but due to being athletes are there, for free.

Does the system of college players going to the NFL need to change, after 2 years of college eligibility instead of 3? Depends on how you look at it. Could they become injured in that extra year, ala Lattimore? Yes. Or could they become a number 1 overall pick, ala Newton, Jake Long, possibly Geno Smith? Yes. Either way you look at it, people get hurt. It is a violent, VIOLENT game. Yet they CHOOSE to play it knowing the risk. Most of these guys will never strap on a football helmet again after college, probably around 90% when you factor in D1, D1-AA, D2, D3, and NAIA. They don't have to play. They choose to.

For me, college is so much more entertaining to watch than pro in all sports because they are playing like this is it for them. Most don't go pro, so they have to play their hearts out every game to try and get noticed, which is why pro sports (NBA in particular) upsets me the most because there is no effort like there is in college hoops. Football isn't as bad because if you slack on a play, you are probably going to get hurt. Still, point is, it isn't like they aren't getting money to play, even if they aren't getting full scholarships, most players on the football team have some sort of scholarship to help the price of those schools. I wish I had the money to go to any of those schools, but most people in the country don't have that kind of money to spend on a YEAR of college. Hell, I moved to Kansas and didn't go to school for a year so I could get cheaper tuition, and that schools out of state is like $29000 a year now? Much cheaper 5 years ago.

So they don't NEED to be paid. They are already getting a lot.