What's new

Fantastic Park Websites.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just doing some work on Fuji-Q and came across their utterly brilliant park web site:
http://www.fujiq.jp/

It's only the Japanese version, but it's superb. Watch the way the page interacts with the POV of the rides! Excellent stuff.

Anyone else got any great park websites we should all take a look at?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm sorry, but that is one of the best 'gimmicks' on a website I've ever seen. It's kinda pointless, but very cool.

kimahri

CF Legend
Kewl a Neon Genesis Evangelion ride. I've been quite interested in watching that show but never got around to doing it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
UC said:
When I go to Disney, I just want to get straight to the Dumbo ride as soon as possible. I don't need that bloody castle getting in my way all the time. And don't get me started on the costumed buffoons causing hold ups in the midway. I just came here for my elephant fix!!!

Steve, you're a killjoy! Theme and Amusement parks are about fun, excitement and over the top pointlessness and things that make you go "ooooh, that's pretty and pointless". ;)

peep

CF Legend
Benin, that was a depressing sentence :p

I'm with Furie on this one. That website is awesome, I was like "how is it going to portray the drop?" and then...bam, epicness happened. It's just silly but very fun.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Reminds me of the iPod Touch webads that periodically show up on ESPN and NYTimes. I'm always a fan of these kinds of creative ads.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj1D0qhFS1M[/youtube]

CMonster

Giga Poster
I was going to be an engineer, but if it means I turn out like UC...

Civil servant would be a good career choice, right?

:wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, I was a little harsh on UC and flippant, so I shall answer him in a more serious manner.

A website is a different thing for different industries. For a lot of people it's a simple presence to draw people in and to encourage them to contact the business. For these websites a simple, neat, interface with easy access to view products and contact is vital.

For others, it's more of a selling tool. A car dealership wants you to see the cars they sell in the best light possible. A flashy website is important here showing off the car as a technological wonder. Contact is important, but most people know where their local dealership is.

For these people, it's more like an extension to an advertising campaign, and it's never more important than for a theme park. People will see an advert for a park and then want to see what it has to offer. They're probably not interested initially in where it is, just what a day out there is going to give them. Now, I've never had any interest in Fujiyama before, but having looked at the Fuji-Q website , I really want to ride it. I want to head off to the land of the rising sun and get me a coaster fix! It's a brilliant piece of enticement. I don't know how easy the contact details are to find (or the "how to find us" page) as my Japanese is a little rusty.

However, this does bring me around to UC's way of thinking. I've had to go on dozens of park websites over the last few months while developing the new CF. I specifically need contact details. It's a real chore trying to find them hidden away, and with Fuji-Q, I ended up having to trawl the internet for the address (don't get me started on Hopi Hari).

So I've actually become swayed by UC's engineering approach. The parks should certainly cater for everyone visiting, not just their potential visitors. I've decided to take UC's engineering principles and have completely redesigned NuCF over night to fit into a much neater, more practical, more UC-centric design methodology.

So, for the first time, I can unveil to the world, NuCF!
http://www.furie.co.uk/images/uccf.jpg

CMonster

Giga Poster
GENIUS!!!

The website (Fuji-Q's) is cool, but I do have that mindset of efficiency, plus it looks kinda cheesy. They need like a "skip show" sort of button or something.

Nic

Strata Poster
CMonster said:
I was going to be an engineer, but if it means I turn out like UC...

Civil servant would be a good career choice, right?

:wink:
Then you'll turn out like me and Ian!

(Yes, I know, we're not actually civil servants technically, but close enough...)

Oh, and, the website? It works because it's Japanese, and therefore completely bonkers. If a park in another country tried that, it'd look hideous.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I hate fuji's website. The loading time is ****ing ridiculous.

Official websites for anything are always ****. Always. You have to hunt around for info that should be just... there.