Failed/dropped plans you wish happened?

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
tomahawk said:
Superbatboy said:
tomahawk said:
Kingda Ka and the relocation from SFMM to SFGAdv
:?: :?:
Originally Kingda Ka was supposed to go where Tatsu is, launching over the rapid. Plans were then changed to Tatsu and well, it all worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I find this hard to believe considering there was bad blood between SFMM and Intamin for a really long time after the debacle with Superman: The Escape. They didnt work with Intamin for 14 years or so, which is why I think they went with Giovanola for their hyper and GCI for Apocalypse/Terminator.

I'm pretty sure Kingda Ka was always destined for Gradv

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I find this hard to believe considering there was bad blood between SFMM and Intamin for a really long time after the debacle with Superman: The Escape. They didnt work with Intamin for 14 years or so, which is why I think they went with Giovanola for their hyper and GCI for Apocalypse/Terminator.

You know both parks are owned by the same company, right?

As for something I wish had happened, the planned Alton RMC sounds as if it would have been a lot better than the family GCI we're getting after 5 years. And the cross-valley coaster, obviously.

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
elephant58 said:

You know both parks are owned by the same company, right?
Gee, I would've never guessed that :roll:

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^Which means that it's the same people controlling both of them too, so if one of them had a problem with Intamin they all would.

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
^Which means that it's the same people controlling both of them too, so if one of them had a problem with Intamin they all would.
Definitely not true, just like BGW refuses to work with Intamin after so many problems with Pompeii. Yet BGT and SWSA both work with them

Wrexham_forever

Roller Poster
A site just outside Wrexham was on the list of possible locations for Euro Disney. Obviously it was never, ever going to happen, but I find it amusing.

Los Angeles
Florida
Tokyo
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Wrexham
Your joking. Where did you read. Christ it would of been amazing to have euro disney in my home town!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It was absolutely ages ago, but it was one of about 5 suggested locations in the UK. The UK would have had to have been chosen over France, which was never happening, and then the specific area after that.

Basically, there was never, ever even a slim chance of it happening. They just had to provide a list of options.