Fahrenheit or Maverick

• Fahrenheit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maverick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I would just love to ride Maverick. It looks sooo slick and thrilling.

However, i would also like to ride Fahrenheit...

But ill go with Maverick :D

walker1104

Mega Poster
Given the choice, I’d prefer to ride Maverick, I just think that it looks the better ride. Yeah Fahrenheit looks good, but I don’t think it looks as good as Maverick. Obviously I would still ride Fahrenheit if I got the opportunity, but between the two, Maverick.

marc

CF Legend
For some reason Maverick is a coaster I feel I have to ride. Ian went there last year and said how good it was so it must be good as from when we have spoken in the past I seem to like the same coasters as him.

Sam

Giga Poster
Maverick seems to have gotten better reviews even though in my eyes it doesn't look that good. But I guess out of curiosity to see if it is that good I'd rather ride maverick.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Maverick is going to win this. It is crazy. Even if it did give me bruses, I loved it. It's a complete package. Everything I want in a coaster, I got. I even liked the 'Rita' style turns.

Fahrenheit is half Colossus to me. I want to ride it. I would probally like it, but I know it won't be as good as Mavvy.

Snoo

The Legend
I'll tell you come Friday, but I can tell you two things.

UC has been on both, prefers Maverick but Fahrenheit in the back row is the best drop he's been on.

Personally.. I think Mavvy will win out but as I said, I want to reserve judgement until I've been on both coasters.

Well, to be fair, Fahrenheit is one of the coasters I really want to ride right now. It's actually probbaly my most wanted, alongside T-Express and a few others.

However, I'm not a fan of inversion after inversion, which is what Fahrenheit is. Yes, inversions can be good, but Fahrenheit doesn't have the mix of a launch, few inversions, twists and turns, other elements, and airtime hills thrown in there in an even mix like Maverick has. It seems to mostly focus on inversions like I said, whereas Maverick covers all across the board.

I think Maverick is a great coaster, but seeing as I haven't been on both, I won't vote. I think it does look better than Fahrenheit, but only by a little bit.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I've done both... Maverick is better. It's longer and more satisfying altogether. Fahrenheit is good, but there's not enough compared to Maverick, which does a lot more.

Fahrenheit was smoother with less headbanging, yet it also felt like the transitions were pulled out quite a bit and the ride didn't feel as overly intense as Maverick (mostly because it's lacking in the quick back and forth cornering that the latter is known for). The two drops are incredibly close to each other (and up there as two of my favorites), but I thought Maverick's was a little better since you came flying into it after the fast hill. By my list, Maverick is 11 and Fahrenheit 15, so it's not a big difference-- I just think Maverick has the advantage of doing more in the end.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I haven't ridden either but I think that Maverick looks better because like most other people have said, it has the airtime, the turns, the inversions - pretty much everything.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I haven't yet ridden Fahrenheit but going on looks and what I've heard, Mav seems to be the better ride. Of course those are mostly worthless criteria and I find that I really want to ride Fahrenheit, so it's hard to say.

I think the deciding factor (for me) is that Maverick has a launch halfway through.. that takes the ride to a whole extra level of excitement.

Ollie

CF Legend
I reckon the Maverick has a more fluent layout. Fahrenheit doesn't really look that good to be honest.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Gotta agree with Steve.
I've ridden both and would take Maverick over Fahrenheit even though Fahrenheit has a better drop.
I also like Fahrenheit's lift better than Mav's. The slow 90 degree ascention followed by that perfect roll over the top just gives the drop that little extra that Maverick doesn't offer. I probably don't get the same thrill from Maverick's speedy lift because I am so used to El Toro's.
But the second half (from the launch tunnel on) gives Maverick the edge due to the speed alone (Fahrenheit is way too slow).

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
CedarPoint6 said:
I've done both... Maverick is better. It's longer and more satisfying altogether. Fahrenheit is good, but there's not enough compared to Maverick, which does a lot more.

Fahrenheit was smoother with less headbanging, yet it also felt like the transitions were pulled out quite a bit and the ride didn't feel as overly intense as Maverick (mostly because it's lacking in the quick back and forth cornering that the latter is known for). The two drops are incredibly close to each other (and up there as two of my favorites), but I thought Maverick's was a little better since you came flying into it after the fast hill. By my list, Maverick is 11 and Fahrenheit 15, so it's not a big difference-- I just think Maverick has the advantage of doing more in the end.

I agree with you completely having ridden both as well. Maverick is overall better and for me in my count it's much closer. Maverick is my #2 coaster and Fahrenheit is my #3 coaster but CP6 pretty much summed it up. Although I do think that Fahrenheits drop is better then Mavericks.

mewantcandy2

Mega Poster
I haven't ridden Maverick, but Fahrenheit's first drop is maybe the best drop I have ever been on. Plus, the ride overall is very smooth and intense.

However, I'm going to give the edge to Maverick just because it has Everything.

Snoo

The Legend
Maverick.

Fahrenheit has a better first drop, but past that.. Maverick is more exciting, more dynamic, and just much more fun.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I have to go with the flo having ridden Maverick it is one of the most exciting rides I have ever ridden even though it beat the hell out of me, I enjoyed the bruises :lol:

Fahrenheit seen on screen. Looks good but not the same.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Well Maverick is in my top ten rides that I want to do and it beat Fahrenheit just beacuse of its superior layout and overall experience!

(soz to bring up a 10 day old topic)

Ali

Mega Poster
No competition Maverick easily wins
Fahrenheit is good but no where near as good as Maverick