What's new

Expedition GeForce - brilliant or overrated?

Expedition GeForce - brilliant or overrated?

• Brilliant

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Overrated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

andrus

Giga Poster
What do you think of Expedition Geforce? Is it brilliant or overrated?

I rode it for the first time this wednesday and was very excited because of all the hype. But after riding it I was very dissapointed. I thought that I might sat in the wrong seat so I rode it again and again in several different seats throughout the day but I was still very dissapointed with the ride...

Maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe did the whole park experience with unfriendly staff (all except one girl at the main gates) and a horrible looking park drag down the judgement of GeForce as well? But it still can't explain the fact that the coaster was rough and looked rusty, that it only had noticeable air time on the first hill and that it was so slow that it almost stalled in every overbanked corner...

The coaster wasn't crap though. The first drop was great and the bottom of the drop provided great g-forces as well. The first hill did have some decent air time too but no ejecter like eg colossos at heide. The rest of the ride was pretty forceless/slow/boring. All in all an ok coaster but not more, definitely not a top 10 candidate for me!

What do you other people say? Were you pleased with "the third best coaster in the world"? Did it make your top ten? And why is it so good if you like it?

Ben

CF Legend
I think it's very over-rated, and think the same about Bizarro (well, S:RoS when I rode it).

It's got an AMAZING first drop, and a great first two hills. Then the overbanks and the trims kick in, and it dies. So, it's got an awesome opening 20 seconds, and a really quite lame rest of it.

So, over-rated.

marc

CF Legend
^My view as well.

Problem for me is I have not been on better ones, but when I do it will drop down my ratings I think.

I enjoyed the coaster but the trims just kill it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I loved it. I was doubting how it would be so good before I rode it. Even though they had the trims on it was still great. I had airtime on almost every hill and the pace was great.
It had just rained as well.
The first drop and first hill are one of the most amazing sensations on a ride I've ever had.
I reckon it can be disappointed if over-hyped though like any ride can be. But I loved it and it's joint top with Colossos for my number one coaster. :)

If we want to talk about over-hyped coaster that are completely bollocks we can talk about Silver Star. :p

marc

CF Legend
Problem for me is the coaster never really warmed up the day we rode it, and everyone there that had been on it before said it was not running well.

It was starting to get there then it rained so they shut it and when we went on again it was so slow.

Best coaster in the word? No way. Best first drop I have been on yes yes yes.

andrus

Giga Poster
^^I kind of like Silver Star :oops: it gets slated a lot on this site and is placed fairly low on mitch hawker's internet poll, so I had low expectations for that ride..

And after riding it first time at the back row it was rubbish, utterly rubbish! The trims made the train come to almost a complete stop on every hill resulting in zero air time.

But then we rode it in the front seats and suddenly we had great air time :--D no ejector, but pretty strong floater! The first drop is amazing too and the s-bend at the end is great! Not my favourite coaster but definitely a very good one (in the front row) and for me Silver Star beats GeForce, but I guess that I'm the only one that have that opinion :p

tks

Strata Poster
I found it rather dull. I got airtime over the first hill and that was about it. Through the corners I seemed to be hanging out of the side of the car waiting for something to happen. The trims were ghastly the last few bunny hops were just boring.

Perhaps it was once decent, but not when I was there.

A

Anonymous

^ I agree with you that Goliath is better...

As of EGF, I think it's really overrated as "the best coaster in the world". To me it don't give the consistent rides that a truly great ride should do, since you have to be there on the right day to ride it and experience it's fullest, the rest of the time it's sluggish and really boring.

I have been to the park twice, the first time we were there between 18-24 and it had been raining right before we got there and the second time we even re-planned the day to hit it later in the day so that EGF had time to warm up, didn't really make a difference though to me, it was crap both times.

Also am I the only one that thinks that the drop also is overrated, it feels badly designed to me...

Ben

CF Legend
Oh, I'd also like to jump on the "Goliath is better" party train. Cause it really, really is. Goliath's epic <3

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I always thought EGF didn't look as good as people said it was. It does look good! but just...not that good, but I'll hold judgement till I ride.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's brilliantly overrated. The first drop is the only thing that deserves all the praise.
And I'm on the same train as Ben. Goliath is full of win & does what EGF should do.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
It's brilliant. Great airtime on EVERY hill, that first drop is epic and the trims hardly spoilt the ride imo.

A

Anonymous

I know I am going to get slated, but I havent been on it, but by the looks of it, the ride looks suckish. I probably would change my mind if I rode it. But I dont think Silver Star looks that bad.

A

Anonymous

Expedition GEForce

Yes Expedition GEForce is a great ride but I do agree it is slightly overated :--D

Mark

Strata Poster
Personally I thought Goliath was rubbish, apart from the stengel dive bit. The rest of it was without any force or even airtime. Was highly dissapointed with it tbh. I know that Rob and Martyn also had similar thoughts about it too.

The first time I rode EGF was 5 years ago and it was amazing. Slotted straight into my top spot after riding 8 times.
The next visit - year before last, it wasn't running quite as well, but still bloody brilliant.

Nothing has managed to top it as my Number 1 as of yet...