What's new

Even more B&M track has sprouted in Ohio

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Why on earth would they get a B&M Mega? They already have two 'airtime machines' (techincally.. not reality) in Millennium Force and Magnum.. there would be no sense in building one.

I agree with you, but I was coming up with reasons for them getting that track.

Snoo

The Legend
Pulling things out of your ass doesn't make for good discussion now does it? :p

Things which could actually HAPPEN make for something to talk about. ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster
----All the more reason for someone to *attempt* to get a job at B&M and let us in on some hints ;)

And lets not rule out SFMM just yet. It's entirely possible that they could be getting another B&M coaster- there's land on the backside of the park to build an out and back one..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^What coaster type would you use? SFMM already has a floorless, inverted, stand up, and a flyer. They have Goliath, which is close enough to a mega coaster, so that's ruled out. How could they fit a dive machine into the park?

A

Anonymous

track

I know it does not look like dm track; however, according to rcdb Happy Valley in China is expecting a B&M dive machine. My excitement comes from the fact that there are obviously 2 different style B&M tracks present (refer to pics posted on TPR forum RE: mysterious B&M tracks). i am also curious as to what the second set (yellow painted tracks) are for...could be for another B&M invert. just by looking at the face of the tracks, looks about wide enough for an invert, possibly another batman clone. (i hope not though, too many already).

And lets not rule out SFMM just yet. It's entirely possible that they could be getting another B&M coaster- there's land on the backside of the park to build an out and back one..

actually with the new terminator coaster SFMM has pretty much maxed out the land they can use on the back side of the park, the rest of the land behind the park belongs to the ca dept. of forestry...it is part of the Angeles national forest.

A

Anonymous

track

3. Ben is right about the yellow track. I almost wonder if that's refurbed Batman Escape track (though I think someone told me that said track is still on site at Darien Lake...?).

Wasn't Batman Escape an Intamin stand-up though? or was it a sub-contract coaster between the 2 firms, either way, batman escape's track had a smaller spine and slightly different placed rails

A

Anonymous

track

^ thanks for the info. UC, now that I think about it, it makes sense. Speaking of Giovanola, were they solely responsible for Titan and Goliath, or were they still partnered with Intamin at the time? Anyway, thanks again UC, you have helped clear up the mystery as to why Flashback and Batman escape had B&M looking track and early style B&M trains.

A

Anonymous

yeah that book Roller coaster a thrill seeker's guide said that Giovanola quickly becoming a house hold name. :lol:

Maybe its a hyper for Carowinds.

It looks like its next in line for a B&M hyper
Bohemoth, Dimondback, then (Insert old western/Reptile/buzzword name in here)

A

Anonymous

check out

Check out this link from RCDB...maybe it will help solve this mystery....

http://www.rcdb.com/ig4224.htm?picture=2

This is a picture from RCDB of a Dive Machine coaster under construction at Happy Valley in Sheshan Songjiang Shanghai, China. anyone else notice and similarities?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^ DM track is much wider than this B&M track. So I doubt it would be that.

I reckon the red track is a hyper and the yellow is a looper of some sort.

luke8

Mega Poster
Anaconda is actually a hugely impressive coaster, it's like a B&M but so forceful it's unreal, definitely in my top 5.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Anaconda's horse collars keep it from being anything like a B&M. Hell, I'm not sure if it even makes my Top 50 & Aidan refuses to ride it anymore. That being said - I still like it (even if I have to ride by myself).

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Lol, it happens to the best of us.

If I happen to remember this at the Live, I'll never let you down.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Oopsala.. :oops:
I could blame it on the lack of sleep with me working the night shift & renovating my kitchen but I should have paid more attention before running my mouth.

A

Anonymous

Decadence

As the millennium began, little did they know there was more to come...

Coming in 2010 to Cedar Point.

Or Kings Dominion.

Or Carowinds.

If it isn't CP, lose the slogan.

LOL.

P.S. What happened to that wooden coaster for California's Great America for this year?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yes that was weird...

About the GCI for CGA this year, the locals shot that down...Shame. It looked to be a decent layout with some pretty nice hills.