What's new

Eurovision Song Contest

mouse

Giga Poster
Anyone watching Eurovision tonight? (WARNING: Jedward will be on it)
I quite like the UK song "I can", do you like your song?
Also post all of your favourites from previous years.
This is probably my favourite:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rJLtz64Hg[/youtube]

Over to you. :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
We played a Eurovision drinking game. It was really fun, to be honest, it was more just getting drunk with Eurovision on in the background. I guessed right that we'd be in the top half, and I 'was' Denmark so I didn't do that badly.

Moldova <3

mouse

Giga Poster
Full Results

1. Azerbaijan - WINNER! - 221 points
2. Italy - 189 points
3. Sweden - 185 points
4. Ukraine - 159 points
5. Denmark - 135 points
6. Bosnia & Herzegovina - 125 points
7. Greece - 120 points
8. Ireland - 119 points
9. Georgia - 110 points
10. Germany - 107 points
11. United Kingdom - 100 points
12. Moldova - 97 points
13. Slovenia - 96 points
14. Serbia - 85 points
15. France - 82 points
16. Russia - 77 points
17. Romania - 77 points
18. Austria - 64 points
19. Lithuania - 63 points
20. Iceland - 61 points
21. Finland - 57 points
22. Hungary - 53 points
23. Spain - 50 points
24. Estonia - 44 points
25. Switzerland - 19 points

I loved Moldova! UK were crap.
Azerbaijan weren't that good either...

peep

CF Legend
Hixee said:
We played a Eurovision drinking game. It was really fun, to be honest, it was more just getting drunk with Eurovision on in the background. I guessed right that we'd be in the top half, and I 'was' Denmark so I didn't do that badly.

Moldova <3

Drinking games, yes, we did one of those too, it ended badly (for some). Drink every time 12 points goes to a neighbouring country meant lots of drinks, down all your drink if the UK is awarded 12 points and we actually got two lots of 12 points!!!!

Annoyed that a boring song won as there were actually some decent entries this year. Oh well, that's Eurovision for ya.

A

Anonymous

Sweden ended up doing pretty good really, a lot better than I ever expected...
Not only did we come third, but also won (in a way) since the Azerbaijan song were written by some swedes and there were Swedish backup vocalists as well :p

Oh and yeah...
Hixee said:
Moldova <3
QFT!!

Nic

Strata Poster
peep said:
Drinking games, yes, we did one of those too, it ended badly (for some). Drink every time 12 points goes to a neighbouring country meant lots of drinks, down all your drink if the UK is awarded 12 points and we actually got two lots of 12 points!!!!
Really? I missed that! Well, I missed pretty much all the voting. Was too busy mopping up other people's vomit.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I went to a Eurovision party with drinking games (drunk a lot for key changes, peace signs and fireworks) which was fun. Personal favourites for me were Italy and Denmark. Italy seemed slightly out of place in cheesy pop songs, but the jazz seemed to score well from the other countries. Not to mention the guy was fairly talented as well. Denmark's song for some reason reminded me of modern Take That. Not brilliantly talented band, but had a huge sing-along factor.

Our entry wasn't too bad (for Eurovision), but I feel compelled to hate it because it's Blue. I wrote Azerbaijan off as forgettable.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Which one was Azerbaijan again?

Exactly.

Ben

CF Legend
Swedish entry has OTHER awesome pop songs!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Tcfn2ZEgg&feature=related[/youtube]

I have a new obsession <3

50% Swedish + 50% Lebanese = 100% perfection.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I heard on the radio this morning that Azerbaijan has a really bad gay rights record and that many gay groups are boycotting it next year. Yeah right.

Imagine if they did. It wouldn't be camp and it would have about three viewers!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Our drinking game during the performance was taking a drink everytime fire works went off. In the voting I think we just had 3 or so 'pet' countries, so I just did the ones starting with "I".

I loled when Cyprus gave its 12 points to Greece :roll: but then Greece gave it's 12 to France...Haha Denied!

Will

Strata Poster
Took me ages to find this topic :D

It's that wonderful time of year again. Watched SF1 with my best friend from school on Tuesday (his taste in music is horrible, but Ireland and Iceland were our only real disagreements!)

I'm majorly on the Croatia bandwagon this year (even bought a football shirt to wear on Saturday night) as their song is just a ridiculous amount of fun and everything you want from a Eurosong - hoping the juries won't try and pull another Loreen vs Karija style stunt. Other honourable mentions to Ireland's bizarre performance which really seems to have split the room and some more madcap mayhem from Finland, while the catchy chorus of Poland's entry (which got my tactical vote) was robbed IMO.

SF2 tonight - Doesn't look as strong, from my point of view, but we still have the highly fancied Netherlands and the perennial underdogs of Sweden to look forward to. I really like Norway's entry on a musical level, but I confess I don't really understand why it's on this stage. I REALLY don't want to get politicial, because I'm sick to ****ing death of reading it - but I think Eden Golan of Israel has one of the best voices in this year's line-up and any other year, this would have smashed it (any Euro-fan who claims they're not still singing Unicorn from last year is a liar)

I saw Lord of the Lost (Germany's entry last year) support Iron Maiden. They were awesome.

On a usual Will running joke line - not enough eye candy this year for my liking. So I've been googling Norway's contestant from last year.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Watching the Eurovision finals live without hearing the songs or seeing the people beforehand is magnificent. A few hours of utter random madness followed by the most tense and exciting voting system I have ever experienced. Can't wait!

We also have Dr Who as either the supporting act or double feature, lets see how the stories go there.

Both are due to have high levels of production but I only want one to be intentionally a bit ****e and cringe. Set to be an interesting evening, must get a cheese board ready...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Watching the Eurovision finals live without hearing the songs or seeing the people beforehand is magnificent. A few hours of utter random madness followed by the most tense and exciting voting system I have ever experienced. Can't wait!

We also have Dr Who as either the supporting act or double feature, lets see how the stories go there.

Both are due to have high levels of production but I only want one to be intentionally a bit ****e and cringe. Set to be an interesting evening, must get a cheese board ready...
This is what I do too... I prefer the original format, don't like the whole semi final build up thing. I avoid listening to anything until the night. :)