What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

cookie

Giga Poster
I would hope they have a baggage solution that allows the continuous loading system to run with as little faff as possible. It's already pretty hectic to get your items into the bins on blue fire and Silver Star given how fast they dispatch those trains. Double-sided lockers ala F.L.Y. would be ideal.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I would hope they have a baggage solution that allows the continuous loading system to run with as little faff as possible. It's already pretty hectic to get your items into the bins on blue fire and Silver Star given how fast they dispatch those trains. Double-sided lockers ala F.L.Y. would be ideal.
Its lockers like Arthur

Trax

Hyper Poster
The lockers appear to be located quite close to the station. How much queue follows afterwards is difficult to say, but it can't be that much.
I think @VonRolland wanted to emphazise the kind of locker system that is going to be used. Europapark specifically said that the lockers will be the same style as Arthur.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Jokes aside - it truly does.
Let’s hope that that is not the final speed. But with it being one of the first test runs (with a real train), it is realistic that it speeds up until opening.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
I'm pretty happy with what we get to see. My biggest concern was that it may not feel like a "massive" coaster with it being only four rows. Ride vehicles at Lost Gravity always feel way too short and light to feel substantial to me, it's almost as if they were sending you off in a wild mouse car. However, from the looks of it, this will have more of a "big coaster" feel than I expected and I'm in for that.

Concerning the speed: I'm pretty sure it will get a little faster during testing especially when it gets a little warmer. I don't think it's exceptionally bad as it is, though.

Trax

Hyper Poster
It is .5 km/h past a roll back on the top-hat. A gust of wind and it would‘ve had a rollback.

I remain confident that it will be faster than that when it opens. The part after the MCBR looked decent.

On the other hand, Europa park is not known for its thrill rides. They tend to keep their rides tamer than they need to be to ensure that they accommodate for the largest share of their audience. No, I don’t know what they thought of with Wodan, but I love that ride in the summer.

Lofty

CF Legend
Can you tell me where you got your technical information that it was .5 km/h away from a rollback?

It's going to ride exactly how it's designed. This coaster is absolutely going to ride brilliantly - it's a Big Dipper on the 'roids. It can only be great fun.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
It is .5 km/h past a roll back on the top-hat. A gust of wind and it would‘ve had a rollback.

I remain confident that it will be faster than that when it opens. The part after the MCBR looked decent.

On the other hand, Europa park is not known for its thrill rides. They tend to keep their rides tamer than they need to be to ensure that they accommodate for the largest share of their audience. No, I don’t know what they thought of with Wodan, but I love that ride in the summer.
It's gone significantly slower over during testing, highly doubt it would've rolled back in that video.
Europa may not be known as the thrill capital but Voltron has been built to address this

Trax

Hyper Poster
Can you tell me where you got your technical information that it was .5 km/h away from a rollback?

It's going to ride exactly how it's designed. This coaster is absolutely going to ride brilliantly - it's a Big Dipper on the 'roids. It can only be great fun.
Because it was going about 2 km/h at the very top.

I have to admit, my hype level was pretty high at some point, but now that I see the ride testing, it is dropping significantly. I saw a video today of its stall. While it would deliver insane hangtime, it also means that the subsequent elements will have a bit less momentum. The speed of those test runs appears to be in line with the official rendering (allthough it might currently run just a bit slower), so my lower expectations might be a good thing. Low expecations might cause me to be blown away when I finally get to ride it; which is something, that I truly miss.

As I got the feeling that people are already preparing their pitchforks and torches if I further dare to critizise the speed of Voltron Nevera powered by Rimac, I won't comment on that topic anymore. I will be happy if I am proven wrong, and I want to be proven wrong. But for that, the ride will have to be open, and that is going to take a couple of months.

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Because it was going about 2 km/h at the very top.

I have to admit, my hype level was pretty high at some point, but now that I see the ride testing, it is dropping significantly. I saw a video today of its stall. While it would deliver insane hangtime, it also means that the subsequent elements will have a bit less momentum. The speed of those test runs appears to be in line with the official rendering (allthough it might currently run just a bit slower), so my lower expectations might be a good thing. Low expecations might cause me to be blown away when I finally get to ride it; which is something, that I truly miss.

As I got the feeling that people are already preparing their pitchforks and torches if I further dare to critizise the speed of Voltron Nevera powered by Rimac, I won't comment on that topic anymore. I will be happy if I am proven wrong, and I want to be prooven wrong. But for that, the ride will have to be open, and that is going to take a couple of months.
One less person for me to wait behind, fantastic!

Trax

Hyper Poster
One less person for me to wait behind, fantastic!
Dude, I will totally go for a ride. As mentioned, I want it to prove me wrong And if it turns out to be the best ride at the park (which it is still likely to be), I will ride the hell out of it for sure. Sorry, but you will have to wait behind me :)