What's new

Etnaland Theme Park | The Storm | Mack Megacoaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I obviously missed the memo that coasters should stick to one type of layout and stay with it :p

I don't see the issue with the barrel roll, Sure it's not what you "Usually" get on a coaster like this and i think that's what makes this ride interesting,
People complain that B&M looping coasters are all the same and now people complain when someone does something different in a layout, So you can't really win.

I'd like to see more coasters with a mix of airtime and inversions. A ride like Behemoth where one or two of the hills were Zero-G-Rolls would be nice :)

bmac

Giga Poster
roomraider said:
I obviously missed the memo that coasters should stick to one type of layout and stay with it :p

I don't see the issue with the barrel roll, Sure it's not what you "Usually" get on a coaster like this and i think that's what makes this ride interesting,
People complain that B&M looping coasters are all the same and now people complain when someone does something different in a layout, So you can't really win.

I'd like to see more coasters with a mix of airtime and inversions. A ride like Behemoth where one or two of the hills were Zero-G-Rolls would be nice :)

*Scrambles around looking for a like button*

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
You always see on Facebook that some of the biggest rides in the world with only airtime hills are boring because it doesn't go upside down, then a park builds a ride what people can't really complain about as it will have a good amount of airtime and an upside down segment.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
roomraider said:

Emphasis on TWO. My point was, a single inversion by itself is weird. Unless it's a vertical loop.

Why? Aesthetics, that's why.

Jake

Strata Poster
Well, I was more bitching about the fact that it's just one roll shoved in at the end. I'm not against the idea of inversions, but if they made something a bit more of it it would be better.

Martyn B

CF Legend
They probably added that roll to try and take the attention away from it being a blatent attempt at making their own 'Megalite' coaster.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Or because, as everyone who has ridden it keeps pointing out, it's the best element on Blue Fire and they wanted something similar on this.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Randomly, it looks like they could be going for a Rock 'n' Rollercoaster style theme:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zghcAwTjQ6s[/youtube]

andrus

Giga Poster
To begin with: sorry for the very late bump of this topic..

But I think it's definitely worth it!! Found this video while looking for a comparison between Alpina Blitz and the Storm:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBH7o84cNq8[/youtube]

Some fantastic footage which make the ride look truly stunning! Have anyone been to the park yet and know what the experience is like?