What's new

English Football 2010/2011 Season

Pierre

Strata Poster
Well we were finally made mathematically safe yesterday with a thumping 4-2 win at hull city. Onwards and upwards for next season mr. Mowbray!

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Brighton, who? I can't go on enough for my absolute detest for Gus Poyet. Fair enough they won the league, but don't be a pr*ck about it!!

The real derby may hopefully resume next season (eh, Dave ;) ) and maybe trips to Selhurst Park and The Riverside would be nice too.

[/firstpostforages]

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's fun being a sensible Arsenal fan. Laughing at everyone else buying into the "Sack Wenger" mentality, and genuinely believing we were going to win something this season.

Sam

Giga Poster
^ Yeah I was **** buzzing on Saturday.

In other news, brilliant result for Boro tonight... looking good for next year. And congrats to Norwich- they will get **** slaughtered in the prem next year though..... defo having a cheeky hundred quid on them to go straight back down.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I am buzzing that Boro started the capitulation of Cardiff a couple of weeks ago. Can't stand them for what they did to us in 2008... Revenge is sweet!

davidm

Strata Poster
^ was a rather stressful afternoon.

We were safe... then down and out at 1/2 time, then safe again on goal difference, then down on goals scored, then safe again on goal difference and finally Spurs get the winner and we are up by a point.

Called Blackpool/Brum to go down before it started, but I never thought it would be as stressful as that. Hunt's goal to make it 2-3 (and keep us up before Spurs scored their winner) was an absolute beauty.

Phew!

Ben

CF Legend
It was just obscene... Every second I'd go "oh, it's fine unless _____ score", they'd only go ahead and score, haha <//3

But, Hunt may just have become my favourite person <3 At least until Doyle stops being injured all the time ¬_¬

But, God, don't think anyone other than Wolves could have drawn it out that long and that horribly, to actually MAKE it and survive. They're so scrappy when it's times of need <3 A nice, safe season next year would be nice though guys ¬_¬

Dave

CF Legend
I'm going to say it now, but next season is going to be awesome.

June 17th fixture list is out for the Football League

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
david morton said:
We were safe... then down and out at 1/2 time, then safe again on goal difference, then down on goals scored, then safe again on goal difference and finally Spurs get the winner and we are up by a point.
Just because I'm reading/posting in this topic, it doesn't mean that I suddenly like football, but out of interest, what would happen if a team finished on the same amount of points and goal difference? How would the final position be decided?

Does it go to away goals for something?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ It goes to goals scored, Ian. If both teams have scored the same amount of goals, it then goes to who won/scored the most against that team whom they are tied on points, goal difference and goals scored. If both of their games ended in - let's say - a 1-1 draw, then I believe it goes literally down to a flip of a coin.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ No it goes to a play-off if goals scored are the same and goals scored against that team are the same. Although the chances of that actually happening are so slim it will never happen.

As for next season cannot wait! Blackpool & Brighton away on a weekend in August please!

Ben

CF Legend
Ian said:
david morton said:
Just because I'm reading/posting in this topic, it doesn't mean that I suddenly like football, but out of interest, what would happen if a team finished on the same amount of points and goal difference? How would the final position be decided?

Does it go to away goals for something?

It was at one point on Sunday wasn't it? Ugh. Thinking back to Sunday just brings back all the tension and fear <//3

FACK IT, we stayed up <3