What's new

English Football 2010/2011 Season

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Well it's that time again, the World Cup is about to start but on the home front, the "exciting" news is that the fixtures are released in a weeks time!

What are you hopes for this season?

Champions or battling relegation?

Champions League or slipping out the the Football League?

----------------------------------

The new Southampton 125th Anniversary shirt was unveiled today at 11.25pm (how sad) and I must say I really like it!

0,,10280~8837995,00.jpg

Too many key players leaving, not enough decent players coming in to replace them.

Pogatetz, although injured for a lot of last season was approaching full fitness but has now gone to Hannover 96, will be a big BIG miss and his injuries last season were definitely a key factor in our poor performance for the season.
Riggott has gone too, an excellent back up for defence when we had injuries.
The only plus side at the moment is we look like keeping Stephen McManus who was terrific towards the end of last season, we went on an eight-game unbeaten run partly thanks to us stopping the rot of conceding silly late goals. Sadly 5 of those games were draws, so the attack really needs to be looked at. Aliadiere & Emnes too lightweight, muscled off the ball to easily. Chris Killen and Lee Miller are god awful and couldn't finish their dinners never mind a glorious opportunity of goal.
Another key factor for us last year though was low crowds, at the start of the season especially we had a better away record than home as the players did not like playing in front of such a low turnout (especially when the low turnout was there to give stick rather than give support.) However they did turn this around and were unbeaten at home in the league for the last 12 games, something which needs to push on into next season.
I'm pretty sceptic at the moment and I believe if we don't get promoted this year, we're going to be a mid-table championship side for a long time to come.

For what its worth lewis, I don't like your new kit :lol: I think clubs should keep their predominant colours, I know this was similar to the first kit they ever wore and they're going for the traditional look, but they've been thinly red'n'white striped since 1896 ... its too much of a change and its very similar to Man Citys away kit for 09/10 (apart from the stripe being solid red as opposed to red and black).

ManCityAway0910copyofficial%281%29.png

Boros first kit was blue and white, god forbid the uproar if they ever did that to us :lol:

As for the prem, as awesome as it is to see Blackpool in the top flight I can see them coming straight back down. WBA actually have a chance of survival for a change, the teams in the prem at the moment are piss poor... Wigan, Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn specifically.

When the fixtures are released theres always a few things I check immediately... Opening Day? Xmas period? Is the last game of the season home/away? .... now I'll also have to check when we play dirty Leeds :D

A season of rebuilding, new owners, new times ahead...

Atm 2 have definitely left, 1 of which I'm sad about cos I liked him, and we have at least 3 others in the motion, particularly Ambrose...

Hopefully we can get the new manager in before July at most and start sorting out contracts and the like, and get that damn CVA...

And as usual, Palace need to sort out the left side of the team... Again... And maybe get someone in who can bang the goals in regularly... Might be new owners, but still the same problems :lol:

Things are looking good for Bournemouth right now. :)

6 new signings and we've so far managed to keep all the players that the manager wanted to. Eddie Howe has signed for another 2 years at Bournemouth so he won't be going anywhere, and yesterday we got the news that they're brining in a new stand for this season increasing capacity by another 1160.

I'm hoping for a comfortable mid table position in League One come the end of the season.

Fixtures have been released today!

Southampton start with Plymouth Argyle at home, then AFC Bournemouth in the Carling Cup, then MK Dons away.

Interesting start :p

Pierre said:
WBA actually have a chance of survival for a change, the teams in the prem at the moment are piss poor... someone ****e, Wolves, someone else **** and someone else **** specifically.

*slaps Pierre*

We were doing well good at the end of last season, and I think we'll build on that. Got some good signings so far, and, more importantly, no-one stole Doyle <3 Dirty Albion won't stand a chance, they go up and down more times than a cred.

Plus, our new kit loves life.

Wolves are ok, not the greatest team. Strikers never lived up to expectations.

We have Coventry away, then Reading at home. Now just also waiting on the CVA agreement.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Yay for CPFC 2010 and George Burley...

*Raises glass*

George Burley will definetely raise a glass, or 20 :lol:

He used to get absolutely smashed after every game, but I suppose you'd need to if you were Southampton manager!

So for all of you that do Fantasy Premier League on the FA website I have set up the CF league

157654-45800

Dave said:
So for all of you that do Fantasy Premier League on the FA website I have set up the CF league

157654-45800

I was just about to make a post asking for this. :)

I hope to actually win it this year... if I don't lose a ton of points from transfers (and this is likely, as I don't really know much about any of the teams this year. Who the hell have Blackpool got???). :p

All sorted, with a proper gash team to start off. My aim this year is to have a reasonable start! I usually start terribly and pick up momentum far too late in about February.

My team is set up. Following a quite disappointing finish to last season, I think my team should be a well rounded team who can do reasonably well all season.

Away from Fantasy Football, about this time last year I predicted Liverpool would have an amazing season, and I even went as far as saying they would finish 3rd or 4th. Not to make myself sound less wrong than I was, but I think most people were predicting a more successful season for Liverpool, and we all were every wrong.

I don't think Liverpool will do good this season under Hodgson, no matter how well his influence is on the team. They simply don't have the structure to form a team suitable enough to try and challenge the title.

Chelsea after last season are defo title contenders. Beating so many teams 5-0 or more last season (I think it was around 10 results that ended that way), they have the strength to go all the way once again and retain the title.

Man United (Erm, my Premier League team) won't get the title this year. Well, I say "Won't", I mean, I very much doubt it. Rooney's poor form and performance at the World Cup really isn't putting him in the front of my mind as a player that will get United the title. I'm even begin to say that although he has discussed it for many years, I think this will be Sir Alex's last. I just hope he leaves on a high.

Arsenal were, let's face it, a tad disappointing last season. They did pick it up a little, but they really do need to get something in that trophy cabinet.

I'll make predictions about my top 5 finishers for this season:

1st - Chelsea
2nd - Manchester United
3rd - Arsenal
4th - Tottenham
5th - Liverpool

Moving away from the Premier League and onto my team, MK Dons, I don't think we'll do all that bad this season, but it'll take a while. With such a young and inexperienced manager - and such a tight budget, topped with a very competitive league, I think we'll just get into the play-offs at best.

The chairman did say play-offs were a must at the minimum, but I think we might just miss out again like last season.

I'm done :D