What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I just received an email with some promotional guff on it for their opening:

42p4aPE.jpg

I just can’t get over that. The last thing I want on my mind when embarking on a new rollercoaster is a ****ing tort!!!

I was then delighted to find out that ‘tort’ in Polish means ‘cake’. How quaint!

UP87

Mega Poster
Softopening is happening. You can find a ton of photos. It looks... mediocre... A lot of fences where other solutions might be possible, rock themed walls and a lot of sealed ground. And a tiny little bit of green.

A user of SkyScrapercity has posted a Google Photos album where added quite a lot of photos.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Softopening is happening. You can find a ton of photos. It looks... mediocre... A lot of fences where other solutions might be possible, rock themed walls and a lot of sealed ground. And a tiny little bit of green.

A user of SkyScrapercity has posted a Google Photos album where added quite a lot of photos.

"Mediocre" that's what I thought too, in comparison to "Smoczy gród" with Zadra i totally think that Smoczy Gród looks better but i remember that this zone looked mediocre too when it first time opened.

There's Ivy everywhere in Aqualantis which can look really good in the future, plus there's a lot of rock's work to do.

Btw. Abyssus had a little problem today, one of the trains stopped on the launch section, it was closed for a bit, guests from the queue received fastpasses. It worked again after about 20/30 minutes. ( So i guess it was good to open it for a test first )

Boris81

Roller Poster
"Mediocre" that's what I thought too, in comparison to "Smoczy gród" with Zadra i totally think that Smoczy Gród looks better but i remember that this zone looked mediocre too when it first time opened.

There's Ivy everywhere in Aqualantis which can look really good in the future, plus there's a lot of rock's work to do.

Btw. Abyssus had a little problem today, one of the trains stopped on the launch section, it was closed for a bit, guests from the queue received fastpasses. It worked again after about 20/30 minutes. ( So i guess it was good to open it for a test first )
So are they doing Soft Openings every day until the Grand opening?

I heard that there is a media day on the 13th, so maybe they don't do soft openings on Monday or Tuesday to prepare for the grand opening?

Did you ride Abyssus and how was it?

pawel98123

Mega Poster

I heard that there is a media day on the 13th, so maybe they don't do soft openings on Monday or Tuesday to prepare for the grand opening?

I don't know if test opening is only today, i don't remember how it was earlier with "Smoczy gród".

I didn't rode Abyssus, i just give you guys informations from our polish skyscrapercity forum ;) From first opinions on the forum - it's really good, smooth and not boring all along, it can be best Coaster in the park, depends on what you like.

FOMO Coaster

Mega Poster
The test opening of Aqualantis is from July 10, every day.
The official opening (also for the media) is the same for everyone, which is July 14.

The Abyssus ride is very enjoyable, smooth, long ride, nice theming.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Are there any good offride angles of Abyssus surrounded by water? I'm really interested to see how it looks.

Lorri

Roller Poster
Finally after 2 years, i'll be coming back to energylandia! On 19th of july, first thing i'll do when in the park is to go on abyssus. Finally a good launch coaster in the park (and i'm not saying formuła is bad, but it's kinda boring after riding it so mamy times lol) i wonder if choco chip creek will be open too tho 🤔

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Finally after 2 years, i'll be coming back to energylandia! On 19th of july, first thing i'll do when in the park is to go on abyssus. Finally a good launch coaster in the park (and i'm not saying formuła is bad, but it's kinda boring after riding it so mamy times lol) i wonder if choco chip creek will be open too tho 🤔
It won't be open, trust me

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is a back row POV of Abyssus, I feel like I get a better sense of the speed of the ride watching a backrow POV, while the first half looks a bit slow after the second launch its looks pretty great, looking at the girls hair in front you seem to get some good airtime throughout.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
It is such an unusual layout isn’t it? All those inversions after the second launch. It sort of reminds me of Steel Phantom, in a way.

Whilst I don’t think it’ll be my favourite ride, I’ll take unusual layouts and originality over ‘more of the same’ every time.

UP87

Mega Poster
It's an unusual layout because Vekoma just added a second launch to the Shockwave layout in the cheapest possible way and named it Shockwave+. Just some little hops and curves close to the ground (not saying that can't be fun)

UP87

Mega Poster
Oh true... didn't notice or remember that. There's a corkscrew and another banked turn on the Shockwave where the final break run of the Shockwave+ is.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Hey guys, so I notice flat dirt in the middle of the rides area and it doesn’t look the best, anyone know what this is gonna be used for?

DarekD2004

Roller Poster
Most likely for 2022 season. Energylandia wanted to open new zone for their birthday, so Aqalantis isn't finished yet