What's new

Election 2010!

Hmmm, the problem I have with Sky News is that most of the stuff they report is rubbish. Sorry, Marc :p I just feel they have been very Tory biased. This could be seen with their instant polls after they held the debate. They put the Tories well ahead of the other parties, and from the people I spoke from, every single one of them put them last in that debate.

I'm going to make a prediction right now. I feel that the Conservatives will get the most votes this time and will win many seats back from Labour. Labour will win more votes than the Lib Dems, but will lose quite a few seats to the Tories, LD and others. However, due to the way our political system works, Labour will still have a slight majority of seats with Tories a close second. This will of course mean a Hung Parliament. I think Lib Dems will get between 80 and 90 seats and we will have a much larger "Others" section in the House of Commons.

Whatever the outcome, I feel this election reflects the change in politics. The "old" parties and now having to compete to the Lib Dems and the other parties.

I also remember the polls in the 1992 (I think it was 1992 anyway) election predicting a labour landslide. Conservatives remained in power (even despite the dire John Major heading the party).

The problem with the polls is "who are they asking"? Anyone here ever been asked?

Actually, yes - this election :p There was a poll a few days ago on the marginal seats (MK South is one) and we got a phone call from the company doing it :) My guardian picked up the phone and was asked who they wanted to win the seat. She said Christian Alliance Party (Other) :p

ciallkennett said:
I just feel they have been very Tory biased. This could be seen with their instant polls after they held the debate. They put the Tories well ahead of the other parties, and from the people I spoke from, every single one of them put them last in that debate.

All the media outlets are biased one way or the other... Such is the way of politics...

Nemesis Inferno said:
All the media outlets are biased one way or the other... Such is the way of politics...

Well, yes, except the BBC ;) - Well, actually, that is argued. I know me and Slayed were a bit disappointed with the lack-of Lib Dem coverage at the beginning of the campaign. They only seemed to have broadcast more equally since Nick Clegg won the first debate.

Well done with that debate Ciall! Sounds like it went really well :).

I've spent the last 5 days in London, where I managed to take part in the Lib Dem flashmob in Trafalgar Square :p.

I also spent Tuesday afternoon wandering around Westminster which felt quite surreal, being so close to what everyone is fighting to be in. It was heaving with police, security and lots of guns!

I'm almost sick of the sight of politicians now. The good news is, voting opens in a matter of hours, which means they have to shut up ALL DAY! :)

So, I hope everyone's going out to vote tomorrow, it's one of the few opportunities we all get as citizens to make ourselves heard.

I'm not going to tell anyone how they should vote. I'm sure you've heard all you need by now to make a decision - even if none of the parties please you perfectly, pick the one that best matches what you would like to see achieved.

But as far as I'm concerned, with the polls giving Cameron and his gang of toady toffs the lead (current average seems to be CON 36%, LAB 28%, LDEM 27%), it's VITAL that they're stopped.

Therefore Labour and the Lib Dems MUST vote tactically, because of our old and crappy voting system (which will be sorted if the Cons don't get in) - if you want to prevent Cameron, look here for tactical guidance:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/05/election-2010-tactical-voting-guide

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/guide/seats-a-d
(Find your seat, look at the 2005 results, and if it's a very clear Lab-Con fight vote Labour; if it's a very clear Lib-Con fight vote Lib Dem if it's not clear, vote for your choice!).

I'll be online all night tomorrow - see you on MSN! :)

Well done for not telling anyone how to vote there Slayed :roll: :lol: :p

Dammit, was going to join in all of this tonight, but it's PS3 night and I have a game organised. Well, watchnig it wouldn't make any difference to the **** I'm in in the morning anyway :p

Topical LOL!
31981_417511889574_60959924574_5451137_8375879_n.jpg

I've voted!

I voted Lib Dems in the local election. They've done really well with Eastleigh in recent years. They sorted out the trouble making pubs, built us a cinema, bowling alley and were super quick to fix the potholes after the Great Freeze of 2010. I think the Lib Dems are excellent at running town halls. On a smaller scale, they work well but they would be worse than Labour at running an entire country.

I put my X next to the Tories. I'm not a toff, I'm not rich, I don't give a **** either way about fox hunting and I couldn't care less about the upbringing of their leader.

I believe that those who try their hardest, enterprise, work hard and look after themselves should be rewarded.

I also believe in less government interfernce and less of a state driven society.

I don't agree with everything they do, nor do I personally like Dave Cameron, but they are the least worse of a terrible bunch.

Plus I stand to win money if they win Eastleigh.

I voted conservative, they're local candidate was particularity strong and I agree with the majority of their national views also.

I voted at half 9 this morning while nursing a hangover. Voted Liberal Democrats for general election and probably should have really researched the local councillors.

Voted this afternoon, voted for Conservatives, they've done well in my constituency recently (Fareham). I agree a lot with Ian, they're far from perfect but they're the best out of them IMO.

^Not yet :p.

Fascinating election, surprisingly unpredictable at times! Still too tight to call the end result.

Disappointed in the CON gains in Wales, and in the loss of the LD "surge" - it's a drop since only yesterday in the polls, clearly people find it hard to change allegiance even when they want to.

I'm not having this "hype" claim against the LDs though - they've had sod all money and hardly any advertising, versus a monstrous rich media campaign and attack from the CONs for weeks!

It's not "hype" for polls to show a rise in support, or to finally get a fair crack at TV exposure! Jesus.

I fell asleep at 4am xD Woke up an hour ago, and the result is all but worked out now. Hung parliament.

Lib Dem lost a LOT of votes and seats on what they should have. MK South was taken by Conservatives, so Iain Stewart wins :D :D

Some major shock though. Bye-bye Jacqui Stewart and Lembit :(

I'm not going school :p

It's hung. So we shall see how they bicker for a few months, as we could even be voting again in the next few months.

But if they do electoral reforms maybe the rules should tighten up how much you spend on advertising your party, as the smaller ones may have a chance.