What's new

Efteling | Max & Moritz | Mack Powered Coasters

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I rode the green track yesterday. It's a fun layout. But not too exited to be fair.

This one needs it from the landscaping around, which is incredible. The queue is nice and fun with quite some interactive stuff. The station building inside is beautiful. The queue as well inside there are a few Easter eggs as well as visual and audible references to other rides or attractions at the park.

The overall themed area is a big plus for Efteling. I sincerely mean that, it looks gorgeous (imho).

The ride is really for kids, we knew that before hand, but still I hoped on a little more excitement. The theming of the ride is excellent. Even the fartyfart parts aren't really that bad in real life. Restrains where a little tight, more adults had issues with them.

Edit:
Did the blue track as well. And that one felt faster and a little more fun. Especially round 2.
At the moment are you able to pick which track you ride? I know for joris because of corona you get assigned by the attendant to a particular track because of assigned seating at the moment.

I don’t fancy queueing over an hour for m&m twice to have to ride the same track both times and not get the second cred. ?

Ries

Mega Poster
At the moment are you able to pick which track you ride? I know for joris because of corona you get assigned by the attendant to a particular track because of assigned seating at the moment.

I don’t fancy queueing over an hour for m&m twice to have to ride the same track both times and not get the second cred. ?

Yes, there is no grouper standing at the queue part where you pick a side (Max or Moritz). The queue split is just before the station.
Although you cannot pick a seat, you will be assigned to a row number.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Yes, there is no grouper standing at the queue part where you pick a side (Max or Moritz). The queue split is just before the station.
Although you cannot pick a seat, you will be assigned to a row number.
Hang on is the queue 1 then splits just before the station like Joris? I was lead to believe it was 2 which confused me

Ries

Mega Poster
Hang on is the queue 1 then splits just before the station like Joris? I was lead to believe it was 2 which confused me
Like Joris en de Draak.
The second queue is for the single riders and also split just before the stairs up into the station.
The third queue is for disabled plus wheelchair lift. They go into the station at the other side. And end up in the middle to choose one or the other.
And the exit is on the same side as where Bob had one.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks really great! Last time I went to Efteling I went with two kids who were 1.2 and 1.3m and it made me kind of understand how they were criticised for adding Baron as a 1.4m as the whole park is really aimed towards rides you can all ride together as a family and it was frustrating to have to split up at that point. So I'm fully unboard with another family friendly ride there.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Like Joris en de Draak.
The second queue is for the single riders and also split just before the stairs up into the station.
The third queue is for disabled plus wheelchair lift. They go into the station at the other side. And end up in the middle to choose one or the other.
And the exit is on the same side as where Bob had one.
Thank god, should feel like a quicker queue then

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
First lap looks ?, second lap looks solid. Overall nice additions though, but I'm most looking forward to the Intamin launch coming soon.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I enjoyed watching both of those videos at the same time much more than I should have.

First lap looks ?, second lap looks solid. Overall nice additions though, but I'm most looking forward to the Intamin launch coming soon.

You could be waiting a very long time.. Even if they get permission to build on that land - which feels 50/50 at the moment - who knows what the impact of Covid could have had on their investment plans..

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Open? Unstickied! :)

I think they actually look rather lovely. Of course they're no match to the prospective Intamin (what kind of muppet would compare the two...? :p ), but a great little +2 in my book.

Once the foliage has grown in a bit more, they're going to be very Efteling, I think.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
From an enthusiast's POV these coasters are just too tame and it will be a pain in the butt to have to queue twice to get both creds.

From a business/marketing perspective, it fits Efteling's "family attraction" bill perfectly welll, although I think this is not as unique or iconic as Bob was.

Lofty

CF Legend
I loved watching those, it's super cute. Max looks a little more fun and the fact the music speeds up in the second half is really cool.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some press images from the park to mark opening day! ;)
IMG_20200619_132705.jpg
IMG_20200619_154837.jpg

The cattlepen really is the only shame; otherwise especially when the trees grow up it will be really lovely looking and fitting to Efteling far better than the Bob ever did.

Ries

Mega Poster
I enjoyed watching both of those videos at the same time much more than I should have.

You could be waiting a very long time.. Even if they get permission to build on that land - which feels 50/50 at the moment - who knows what the impact of Covid could have had on their investment plans..

Fons, the park director said in an interview, that the next couple years no new big ride is being build. Not as big as/ or bigger than M&M.
I thought the launch coaster was already bought and produced, waiting in a warehouse somewhere.

August or September we hear if permits can be filed.