What's new

Efteling continues to spend lots of monies

peep

CF Legend
So next year is their 60th anniversary and to celebrate they seem to be investing even more money into the park (following the very expensive (and popular) Joris en de Draak wooden coasters and Raveleijn).

First up is a new light/water fountain show on the lake near the entrance of the park. It is costing them 17 million Euros and will no doubt be quite a spectacular show. Some artwork and more details can be found in the following article on Newsparcs.com. Article link

Secondly they are building a HUGE dark ride called Hartenhof (also seems to be called Realm of Fantasy). It's costing them 42.5 million Euros and is set to be the most expensive investment the park has ever made. There seems to be lots of concept art and models of the ride building and one or two of the rooms during the ride and little bits of info on the actual ride system have been mentioned but no-one knows exactly what the system will be like. Most sites seem to say it'll be a Vekoma Pandora's box (a concept ride never been built) or a modified version especially for Efteling. One site mentions that there will be two onloading and offloading platforms and that they are at different heights which means the vehicle can move up and down. The vehicles can also move independently meaning they can speed up in emergencies. It was originally meant to open for the 2012 season but seems to have been pushed back a year to 2013. However in front of the main attraction building will be a village of buildings, shops and restaurants which are still going to open for 2012.

Here is a mass of links to several sites with various details and pictures. One even has very recent construction photos, those village buildings are going up quickly.

Eftelist
Eftelrijk
The five Sense

I hope they work as they're Google translate links :p

Anyway I think it'll all be amazing once finished and I'm really excited to see and hear more about the dark ride.

Nic

Strata Poster
peep said:
First up is a new light/water fountain show on the lake near the entrance of the park. It is costing them 17 million Euros and will no doubt be quite a spectacular show. Some artwork and more details can be found in the following article on Newsparcs.com. Article link

I hope it's better than Raveleijn. "I can't believe the amount of money they pissed down the drain on THIS!" lol!

Also, I swear someone (possibly you, possibly me!) posted that info about that dark ride in a different topic a while ago. Can anyone find it? I can't be arsed to look.

msep003

Roller Poster
I love Efteling but anything is translated in English . On their Website you can't buy an online Ticket becaue they don't accept International Credit Cards .

Besides that it's a great park after Europa Park !

peep

CF Legend
So, bit of random news. The massive dark ride which was originally delayed till 2013 is now delayed till at least 2015. Why?

the plans are more ambitious now

Brilliant, that has to be the best reason for the ride to be delayed imo, not like the ride was going to be ambitious as it was they're going to go even further. I love the people behind Efteling. <3

Source: Newsparcs

Nic

Strata Poster
*cough*Raveleijn*cough*
Seriously though, so long as it doesn't turn out to be a major pile of disappointment, then this sounds awesome :)