What's new

Ed Hart Stole My Hart | KENTUCKY KINGDOM and HOLIDAY WORLD | 20th-21st Jul 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groot

Roller Poster
so we'll either need 8 joycons, or 2 gamecube adapters and 8 gamecube controllers

I've got a GC adapter and two controllers. And technically, we could run a tourney mode with even just two controllers. Not that I'd want to, but I'm saying, 1v1 is a tourney setting. 1v1v1v1 is much more suited for a group this size. Especially if drinking games are taking place for those that can drink!!

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I've got a GC adapter and two controllers. And technically, we could run a tourney mode with even just two controllers. Not that I'd want to, but I'm saying, 1v1 is a tourney setting. 1v1v1v1 is much more suited for a group this size. Especially if drinking games are taking place for those that can drink!! :D:emoji_beers:

I've got an adapter and 3 (or 4 I can't remember) GC controllers I could bring as well but I'm only going to pack them if we're actually going to play. I suspect we'll likely drink and shoot the ****.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Alright, confirmed with my cousins on dates and started getting some **** booked for the rest of my trip. Haven't quite gotten it all yet but I feel pretty comfortable that this will be my final itinerary, so here it is.

Sunday, July 14th - Afternoon/evening in Philly
Monday, July 15th - Dorney Park & Knoebels
Tuesday, July 16th - Kennywood; will stay with family in Blacklick
Wednesday, July 17th - Family in Blacklick
Thursday, July 18th - Depart Blacklick in the morning; rest of the day free.
Friday, July 19th - Another free day; arrive in Louisville in the afternoon/evening. ?
Saturday, July 20th - Kentucky Kingdom CF Live
Sunday, July 21st - Holiday World CF Live
Monday, July 22nd - Kings Island
Tuesday, July 23rd - Cedar Point
Wednesday, July 24th - Cedar Point & Waldameer
Thursday, July 25th - Hersheypark
Friday, July 26th - Great Adventure

So instead of staying with my cousins on Wed-Fri, it'll be a Tues-Thur deal (they'll be attending an event that weekend and need to be on the road by Thursday). That opens up most of Thursday and Friday for me to do whatever, and I currently don't have any solid plans yet.

Will probably use that time to just putz around Columbus and/or Cincinnati. Any suggestions from the locals on stuff to do? Never been to either city.

Might even pop into Stricker's Grove but that'll depend on if Kennywood is being spiteful. If I'm gonna make Steel Vengeance 200, I'll only do Stricker's if I need a couple backup creds.

Also, for those planning to attend Cedar Point, what're your travel plans afterward? If anyone wants to spend a second day there or head out the next morning, I'd be down for splitting one of those resort cabins that some of you seem to enjoy. Otherwise, if I'm the only one sticking around at that point, I'll just get some cheap hotel off the peninsula.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If I'm gonna make Steel Vengeance 200, I'll only do Stricker's if I need a couple backup creds.

So we have to ride it together as it will be my 200 as well.

I fly in real late Friday to Louisville (11:15p) so unless I'm pregaming in the air, tojnw have to hit it hard when I land, like shotgun before getting in the car.

Terms of Cedar Point, I go where Marc goes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Regarding my post-Live travel plans with @tomahawk, I'm assuming that we're staying at Casa @Snoo Monday night following Kings Island (if that won't work out, we'll grab a hotel room somewhere nearby...or maybe we can crash at Casa @Hyde). We'll spend the day at Cedar Point and depart to Detroit around 7:30 or 8:00pm.

@Hutch, you'll probably be getting into Louisville a bit late for any of the museum's, but I recommend heading down to the waterfront park and walking the pedestrian bridge. It's a great way to kill an hour or two while seeing a good amount of Louisville.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Regarding my post-Live travel plans with @tomahawk, I'm assuming that we're staying at Casa @Snoo Monday night following Kings Island (if that won't work out, we'll grab a hotel room somewhere nearby...or maybe we can crash at Casa @Hyde). We'll spend the day at Cedar Point and depart to Detroit around 7:30 or 8:00pm.

This was essentially my post live plans as well. Minus the detroit part. I may spend another night in CBUS after CP with family but really it'll just be heading home after CP

Snoo

The Legend

@Hutch, you'll probably be getting into Louisville a bit late for any of the museum's, but I recommend heading down to the waterfront park and walking the pedestrian bridge. It's a great way to kill an hour or two while seeing a good amount of Louisville.

Ya'll welcome. Just remember, I will have literally moved into a new house the day before so we may be sparse. :p

Sky

Mega Poster
We're planning to grab a hotel near Kings Island on Monday night, so if anyone wants to split a room to cut down costs, let me know!

We keep talking about doing the CP day as well, but that would make our drive back to Atlanta just gross. We're probably gonna hit Dollywood on the way back south to finally get some Lightning Rod in our lives!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Worth noting: if people don't have a platinum pass, there are plenty of discounts available. Cedar Point is promoting a ticket for $40, which includes admission, parking, and drinks. Kings Island is offering bring a friend tickets to platinum pass holders for $43 before taxes, so if you need a ticket to Kings Island, one of us pass holders can hook you up.

Kentucky Kingdom tickets are usually quite cheap, although I have not looked into what discounts they're currently offering. Same with Holiday World - I have yet to look.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
For our lodging, it will roughly equal $30 per person per night. We will have some folks coming and going though for respective nights. What would be helpful to ensure I have a good final headcount and properly budget out what everyone owes, can you quote this post, and respond with the nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) you are staying?

For payment, cash, Venmo, check, sheep, iron ore, or any other marketable commodity is acceptable.

Groot

Roller Poster
For our lodging, it will roughly equal $30 per person per night. We will have some folks coming and going though for respective nights. What would be helpful to ensure I have a good final headcount and properly budget out what everyone owes, can you quote this post, and respond with the nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) you are staying?

For payment, cash, Venmo, check, sheep, iron ore, or any other marketable commodity is acceptable.

@Sky and myself will be staying Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. Can't wait!!

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I'll be there all 3 nights, but I will be arriving to Louisville rather late on Friday(after 11 pm), so there's that to take note of.

I am so excited for this!

Hutch

Strata Poster

I'll be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night as well. Thanks for organizing!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
All 3 nights for me! I land at 11:15pm Friday and plan on packing some plane whiskey.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.