What's new

Ed Hart Stole My Hart | KENTUCKY KINGDOM and HOLIDAY WORLD | 20th-21st Jul 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Boys and girls...y'all thought Carowinds was a party, and you think Kennywood is going to be a party? I mean, yes...but THIS ONE is going to be a PARTY!

We're extremely excited to host this Live at two of the coolest parks in the States! Kentucky Kingdom is always such a gracious host and they love to interact with enthusiasts. Holiday World, from what I've observed, is similarly enthusiastic when it comes to their fans! And as I'm sure you can guess, @Snoo will be working his magic to see what kind of perks he can get us! We'll kick things off on Saturday at Kentucky Kingdom (unless you're thirsty the night before - see below), riding Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Kentucky Flyer, and more to our hearts' content! We'll continue on Sunday at Holiday World where we'll spend the day getting our fill of The Voyage, Thunderbird, Raven, and The Legend!

In addition to that, we anticipate that this will be the biggest Live on our side of the pond, which is one of the reasons why we're so excited about it!

I think we all know the drill by this point - reply to this thread if you're coming or even if you're interested in coming. Also, we recommend the following:
  • We've noticed that a number of people are planning trips where this Live is a starting point, end point, or somewhere along the way. If you're interested, feel free to share your trip plans such that we can sync up heading to and coming from the Live!
  • A number of us (@Snoo, @Youngster Joey, @Hutch, @pkiknex25) will be heading back home through Cincinnati, so a visit to Kings Island on Monday, the 22nd is a no brainer! If there is enough interest or desire, we might even do Cedar Point on Tuesday!
  • Both Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World have legit looking waterparks which are included in park admission and we've budgeted full days at each park - don't forget to pack a bathing suit and sunscreen!
  • Louisville is an extremely fun city with tons of bars, breweries, and distilleries - it's almost certain that the 21+ crowd will grab a drink or two on Friday and/or Saturday night.

Seriously. Ed Hart is going to legit steal our hearts with this one <3

Attending
  • Antinos (Group lodging, KK/HW/KI/CP)
  • Tomahawk (Group lodging, KK/HW/KI/CP)
  • Snoo (Group lodging, KK/HW/KI?/CP?)
  • GuyWithaStick (Group lodging, KK/HW)
  • Hutch (Group lodging, KK/HW/KI/CP)
  • Youngster Joey +1? (Group lodging, KK/HW/KI/CP)
  • PKIKnex25 (Group lodging, KK/HW/KI)
  • Sky +1 (Group lodging, KK/HW/KI)
  • Jay37415
  • Hyde (Group lodging, KK/HW)

Last edited:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm gonna have to get black out drunk for the slaps I'm gonna have delivered to me on this trip.

Can't ****ing wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Awww yeah! I'm finally doing one of these things! :D

So imma be flying into Louisville at like 11 pm the night before, and will probably need to find an Airbnb to sleep at. Either way, I am PUMPED to meet you guys!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Seriously can't wait for this. I've been on the forums for years but have never attended any CF Lives, let alone any sort of enthusiast meetup. I need to actually start booking stuff for my big trip... obviously it won't happen till I make it happen!

Couple of things:

- I'll need to double check the dates with my cousins first, but I'm hoping to spend a few days with them in Blacklick leading up to the live. That would set up nicely for a carpool down from the Columbus area to Louisville on Friday. I can fit four passengers if anyone's down... gonna tag our Columbus resident @Snoo here and see what he thinks.

- I assume we're doing some sort of group AirBnB? If so, would the plan be for just Friday/Saturday night? Or throw in Sunday night as well? 3 nights makes sense for anyone going to KI the next day, but obviously I imagine some people will want to be traveling home Sunday night.

- In addition to Kings Island on Monday, I'm also hitting up Cedar Point that Tuesday and into Wednesday. And a PSA: Cedar Point seems to be offering some dirty nighttime ERT for Steel Vengeance and Maverick that same Tuesday for platinum pass holders... oh my.

- Can't wait to see Tom get slapped the **** out of him in person.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I will add, I am debating flying into Detroit and riding @Antinos all the way down and then hitting CP on the Tuesday as well. I need some Vengeance in my life, and I could probably make it 200 if I tried.

One fun thing I have found is we can get a legit southern Mansion as an Airbnb if we have enough people on the CHEAP. I dont know about you, but playing beer pong in some posh ass house is a bucket list item. I would go with the 3 night thing, but that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Now I'm gonna go look up more Airbnb.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Obviously I'm in for as all of it. Hitting up CP isn't really out of my way to go home so if there's enough people going i'll obviously join. This is going to be a hell of a good time.

Snoo

The Legend
Seriously can't wait for this. I've been on the forums for years but have never attended any CF Lives, let alone any sort of enthusiast meetup. I need to actually start booking stuff for my big trip... obviously it won't happen till I make it happen!

Couple of things:

- I'll need to double check the dates with my cousins first, but I'm hoping to spend a few days with them in Blacklick leading up to the live. That would set up nicely for a carpool down from the Columbus area to Louisville on Friday. I can fit four passengers if anyone's down... gonna tag our Columbus resident @Snoo here and see what he thinks.

- I assume we're doing some sort of group AirBnB? If so, would the plan be for just Friday/Saturday night? Or throw in Sunday night as well? 3 nights makes sense for anyone going to KI the next day, but obviously I imagine some people will want to be traveling home Sunday night.

- In addition to Kings Island on Monday, I'm also hitting up Cedar Point that Tuesday and into Wednesday. And a PSA: Cedar Point seems to be offering some dirty nighttime ERT for Steel Vengeance and Maverick that same Tuesday for platinum pass holders... oh my.

- Can't wait to see Tom get slapped the :emoji_poop: out of him in person.

As we may be traveling back separately, traveling down may not be ideal but we can certainly travel together if youd like! I'm rather aggressive in my driving so good luck. :D

Sky

Mega Poster
We are so ready for this party! Most likely we'll be doing the KI addition as well to get some of the credits we missed on our last trip.

I'll be following along with any of the lodging plans that come up - we already were looking at staying in Louisville for the 3 nights, but any giant group Airbnb is totally an option for us!

Hutch

Strata Poster
As we may be traveling back separately, traveling down may not be ideal but we can certainly travel together if youd like! I'm rather aggressive in my driving so good luck. :D
Do you have an idea of what your return travel plans would be? I thought I'd bring up the idea as it seemed like we'd both be starting/returning through Columbus (and assuming the offer to crash at your place after KI still stands). If some of us are traveling through the same area, it might make sense to pile however many goons into one or two cars. And if you're unable to work around that, then no worries obviously. :)

Of course, we're still a couple months away from this and not everyone knows what their travel plans are yet.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I did a rough count and I can think of 12 different people who have stated they're intending on coming. I'll update the original post with an attendee list including who is interested in group lodging and who is interested in any add on parks.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I did a rough count and I can think of 12 different people who have stated they're intending on coming. I'll update the original post with an attendee list including who is interested in group lodging and who is interested in any add on parks.
Probably worth also saying that there is a formal registration form here: https://coasterforce.com/cf-live/

Alas, I'm unable to make this one, but I would bloody love to if I could! Hope you guys have fun!

jay37415

Mega Poster
I'm gonna have to get black out drunk for the slaps I'm gonna have delivered to me on this trip.

Can't :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing wait.

I'll bring the Ol Smoky for you as promised.

I plan on being there but the kids will be elsewhere. I have a 7 seater SUV so I can help with carpooling to HW if needed.

Snoo

The Legend
Or Charlotte...

Or Cleveland...

<3

giphy.gif

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Hixee, Better Tom, I will drink enough to honor our name and do so with dignity and grace. I will drink as if you both were there.

Tom's drinking for Tom's

Status
Not open for further replies.