What's new

Duinrell |"Dragon Fly"| Gerstlauer family coaster

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Unknown, Gerstlauer family coaster for Duinrell

Looks like it will just be a slightly larger version of that new coaster at Hanse Park. Looks fun, though its not really going offer much of a different experience to the Tivoli coaster they have.

Casio

Mega Poster

Martyn B said:
164' 1" isn't exactly a generic height like 40m etc
It is, infact, a generic height just like 40m; it's 50m exactly. Obviously someone wrote down 50 instead of 15. And rcdb can make mistakes; they've got Thorpe's new ride down as having 5 inversions for example.

Aside from that this looks really great, these Gerstlauers are usually awesome and will add to their nice little coaster collection.

Nic

Strata Poster

Construction has begun! Woo!

P7090042.JPG

P7090043.JPG

Photos sent in by Herman Nijkamp. Cheers! :D

I couldn't quite place where this was going to be built before, but looking at those pics, it's pretty much to the left of Falcon. That makes sense I guess, although it looks like they're going to be pretty close to eachother. "Gerstlauer Corner", anyone? It's like a Muller Corner, but more lumpy.

msep003

Roller Poster

Nic said:
P7090043.JPG

Photos sent in by Herman Nijkamp. Cheers! :D

I couldn't quite place where this was going to be built before, but looking at those pics, it's pretty much to the left of Falcon. That makes sense I guess, although it looks like they're going to be pretty close to eachother. "Gerstlauer Corner", anyone? It's like a Muller Corner, but more lumpy.

Every parks should advertise their future ride like that !!!! With Coaster Design and layout poster !!!!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^And Lumberjacks standing defiantly in front of the station. :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

The more I look at that layout, the more I think this could be a fab little coaster. The first drop looks steep, and there's a few Rita style hills in there, so this could be a mini airtime machine.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I love themed supports. I still can't get moist over this though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Duinrell |"Unknown"| Gerstlauer family coaster

Testing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-akyZie1lGY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Looks dull. And kinda pointless when you consider they have the Tivoli coaster that is practically the same...

ry1996

Mega Poster

I thought it was meant to be a mine train theme, what's with the train! .

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^It's very plain isn't it? :?

Looks like any other kiddie coaster, so...

Nic

Strata Poster

Oh god, that train is hideous. Little disappointed, tbh, although I guess it's intended for families, so it'll do the job. I won't be rushing back out there though.

I can't stop wondering about the Tivoli though. It's so ancient, it's nearly as old as me. Is it different enough to this new ride? I guess that, at almost twice the height (the Tivoli is 8m), this looks a lot more intimidating especially to children.

Oh well, whatever happens, I hope that this is a success for the park, and that it allows them to make some more exciting investments in the not too distant future. Actually, thinking about it, they seem to have thrown a lot of money at the resort as a whole over the last few years (posh shower/toilet block for campers, shiny shop/restaurant complex for holiday park residents, complicated pneumatic death slide in the water park...) so they're obviously doing OK for themselves. Lets keep our fingers crossed :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I think that this coaster is a great kiddie coaster. Not sure which one is better, Ben 10 or this.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Okay, it's not the most thrilling in the world is it?

I suppose it's better than this...

Bimzg.jpg

But it'll do for a nice decent family coaster...for such a compact footprint, it's a good investment though..

Josh73

Giga Poster

^ It was a good investment considering this is generally a family park, but I just see it as a mere cred! ;) But those trains are just gross.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Hopefully after its broke in, and some theming has been added, it'll be a little bit more exciting.

jack.bell

Mega Poster

It's just another family coaster, nothing to shout home about. I like how it has the same support theme as Falcon though. When i was there in the summer i saw the footprint and i figured it would be fairly average. Will be interesting to see if they will dismantle Kikker-8-Baan and if they put something else under the water ride.