What's new

Dreamland Margate News

Martyn B

CF Legend
An announcement is due to be made this friday, apparently it will consist of opening dates, prices, and more importantly, ride line up.

I've been told that there will be more than we expect...

peep

CF Legend
Excellent. It's been such a long campaign. This year also marks 10 years since the mini live there. Crazy how time flies.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
A Friday...well I won't be going along to that then.
Still, it's good to see an actual opening date after all this time. I'll probably go along on the Saturday of anyone wants to join?

nadroJ

CF Legend
I ADORE the design of the website <3 Also, bonus points for humorously named Big Apple.

And yes, the Live in July is fine with me.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn B said:
I thought they got hold of King Solomons Mine from Southport?

They did :)

This year is a "get stuff open" year, there are going to be phases of adding in the collections as time goes on.

As great as the website looks, don't expect much more than how Dreamland looked when we went in 2006, quite temporary. As time goes on though, the plan will develop it into a decent little park.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They also have "Spinning Coaster" listed on thier accessibility for the disabled page: http://www.dreamland.co.uk/accessibility

(Yes, I read through every page of the website.)

So that's...
Scenic
Fab Caterpillar
Solomon
Spinning

I'd love to know what else they are keeping quiet about.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I just have to post this here though - nothing to do with Dreamland, but I love it :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfSLnRTMkgY[/youtube]

LG95

Roller Poster
Probably cost a fair bit to restore the wildmouse back to working condition. Imagine, like the Scenic all the wood will need replacing which won't come cheap. I am however sure after a few years we can start to see the more permanent attractions fly back in. Worth pointing out however that some were in critical condition at the time of their acquisition. I imagine now these would be beyond economic repair, sadly.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That was part of the submission for the listing of the ride actually.

It was argued that while the ride isn't the same original ride (due to everything having been replaced at some time over the years), the layout and cultural importance is what makes the ride "The Scenic Railway".

So legally, yes - it's the same coaster :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk