What's new

Dreaming Theme Parks...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I had a dream a few weeks ago before my trip to Pleasure Beach with my girlfriend, of going to the park but with loads of my college friends instead. It was such a bizarre and unusual dream though, because it was more like a recurring dream from one I had based on Salou, same location and that but instead everything reeked 'Blackpool'. And when I went to the park it was pretty much PortAventura but because I was in a dream state everything was messed up and surreal. Like we had crawl through a tunnel underneath hurakan condor to enter the park, and the park barely looked like PortAventura even then, but more bits of every park I've been too! I woke up just before we all went on Hurakan Condor however...

I've had many dreams of theme parks, such as one of Thorpe Park but there was a new park next to it which was actually my local Bonfire in November with fairground rides, and for some reason Saw was located there. The ride layouts seem completely different too, Saw seemed a lot smaller when dreamt and sluggish, it just baffles me when I wake up from these dreams! :?

So the topic is simple, have you had any vivid theme park related dream experiences, I've got numerous, but I like to hear some of yours.

herbinator

Mega Poster
I dreamt I went to Alton towers although I have not actually been.

Although it wasnt alton, it was just a field with a load of tunnels. Inside the tunnels was 2 random coasters i had never seen before, a log flume where people fell out and died half way through and vortex at Thorpe park. This was just one of the themed lands.

There was also a building with a toilet in it and many different levels.

I can't really remember what was there for i had some kind of chase through it.

All very exciting.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I have had many dreams of theme parks, most of which I cant remember for ****.

One notable one was that i was at Chessington (before I had even been before or indeed seen many pictures) and I had to hide behind a wall as there was a tsunami coming. Weird, I know, but it was a recurring dream that I had 3 or so times.

Another I remember very little about, but it moulded the rides from Alton and Thorpe together almost to create a "super theme-park".

Interesting topic - I shall write back whenever I get another!

nealbie

CF Legend
I have a vivid imagination, so frequently have dreams in general - but I also have a lot of theme park based ones.

Not wanting to scare you about what goes on inside my head, I'll just say that the 'tamest' ones tend to be of people I don't like falling out of coasters and dying painful, gruesome and horrific deaths - you know, people like Ian, furie, Mark, Ben, Stone Cold, Will (Such awful awful vagabonds! :p ).

They're all very realistic and the enviornments are recollected so perfectly - it's just the stuff that happens is all a bit 'Final Destination' - the content wouldn't happen in real life, but it sure is convincing!

When Tidal Wave 'splashed' Will with yellow-tinted water remains a particularly memorable one too! :lol:

Yeah, I'm a bit special in the head.....

Mike

Giga Poster
I remember one dream when I was a child and it's the reason why I was scared of pirate ships for years and years afterwards.
I dreamt that I was watching a pirate ship ride swinging as usual with a full load on, when suddenly the ride snapped from it's hinges sending the boat flying off and squashing everyone where it landed.

I also remember a dream I had a few years ago when I was getting on Rita at Alton (heh...) when the ride launched with the restraints still up. I was lucky enough to grap onto the restraints as I was flying out of the train, but some person behind me wasn't as lucky as she fell off behind the train during the launch.

I also remember a few other coaster-related dreams, most of which are totally ****ed up/wouldn't make sense if I tried to explain them, and all of them seem to involve people dying! :?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I've had plenty of coaster/theme park dreams, but no one has ever died in any of them.
You lot are pretty morbid. :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
It's slightly geeky to admit, but yeah, I've had a few over my time. But hey, I can't control y subconscious. So basically, my conscious and subconscious think about coasters, great. 100% coaster geek..

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I have a recurring dream about Shockwave at Drayton Manor Park killing me... I suspect my subconscious is trying to tell me something about going on that coaster... ;)

marc

CF Legend
The only time I ever had a dream was before the CF live in Southend.

Rage went over the top and came off the track with people in it. It then crashed to the ground and landed on people taking pictures.

It was not a nice dream at all :(

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
In amongst most of my weird, probably questionnable dreams I do dream about theme parks quite a lot. Most dreams are me making up parks out of my imagination that have huge, unrealistic coasters and rides, or my mind TRIES to select an existing park and attempts to recreate it as it should be. The latter is sometimes successful, but usually puts a few rides from other parks in or gets some scenery wrong.

My dreams tend to revolve around Thorpe, Alton and American parks I've never been to, and I'm usually with Joey and "the Yank" Kyle trying to get creds...most of which seem to be gigantic B&M inverts. Like others, when I dream about Thorpe there are times when coasters from Alton appear, like Oblivion being in a slightly expanded version of the Crust cafe area.

What's really frustrating though is that about 80% of the time I never get to ride anything in my dreams, like my dream will put a 'forcefield' around a coaster so I can't get on. But if I do manage to ride something, I'll either get thrown out when the coaster goes down a drop/over an airtime hill and fall to my death, OR it can be a pleasant, thrilling ride where I don't die and my mind somehow generates Gs.

My dreams also like to taunt me with REEEAAALLLY long ride entrances/queues, where there are loads of corridors and stairs to take...all with theming though! I've had a dream where it's done that with Nemesis before, I can't explain what it was like but it was awesome. And I got to ride it at the end too! Although my mind remembered the appearance of B&M track and even the colour of Nemesis, the layout was totally different, probably one that'd be too intense to actually exist. The Alton sky was filled with deep pinkish purple clouds, lightning and the area was covered in mist. Very atmospheric.

What DOES annoy me though about theme park dreams is when I wake up and realise "Oh crap, that wasn't real? Damn!!"

Kebab

Giga Poster
It's amazing what you're subconscious mind can actually create, with the produced dreamscapes appearing visceral, with vivid bizarre landscapes which normally results to be somewhat realistic.

Like what Enigma Shadow was on about with the mind simulating the feeling of G-Forces, it fascinates me so much! I had a dream of going on Oblivion the once, but the shaping of the drop seemed more sharper and the pull-out was ridiculous, but the feeling of insane forces was put through my head, and resulted in the feeling of my head by my feet, stitch, and a migraine which tugs my head down during the process. Seriously, what is happening to my brain when that happens? :?

I've had a bizarre experience of going to PortAventura, but it all seemed like 'I've dreamt this before' when I'm sure I haven't. It resulted me and my mate climbing over huge 500 foot cliffs (which did kind of remind me of a harsher version of this cove I went to in Wales from childhood), and doing pathetic stunts in order to find it. But oddly PortAventura appeared in the centre of Salou instead of out of the way, and it was a matter of 200 metres from the beach. The actual dream-section of the theme park is a blur to me, but I'm affirmative I've dreamt it.

I also have a recurring dream of an indoor water park, with like some really insane tubular slides, which are really dark and go outside. I think it's because I have a fear of dark, claustrophoebic water slides, but I still go on them in the dream and some of the elements put me off them even more, such as falling down a 90 degree section and nearly dying, it's horrible! :(

I find it strange that me and herbinator share similar theme park dreams, which bizarrely involve tunnels. I'm curious into what this means, there's got to be a psychological meaning behind it. And I see there's a lot of dreams involving dying, is that related to RCT by any chance? :lol:

herbinator

Mega Poster
I happen to have a quite frankly crap book my mum bought for 50p called understanding dreams. :lol:

Heres what it says about tunnels.

To dream of going through a tunnel is bad for those in business and in love.

To see a train coming towards you while in a tunnel foretells ill health and change in occupation.

To pass through a tunnel in a car denotes unsatisfactory business, and much unpleasant and expensive travel.

To see a tunnel caving in portends failure and malignant enemies.

To look into one denotes that you will soon be compelled to face a desperate issue.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Doesn't sound too good there :lol:

I have had a dream before where i walk through a subway and a train comes towards me but then flies off the tracks and misses me. :?

I wonder if the fact I had to crawl underneath Hurakan Condor to enter the park, has something to do with over-coming my fear of it? I've been on it countless number of times but the sheer height makes me feel so inferior, and still to this day scares the **** out of me, I find trouble looking at it. :eek:

herbinator

Mega Poster
With trains, you are apparently either.

In for it, saved from it or about to go on a journey.( :lol: )

Wow, they really covered their backs with that one.

You may be onto something with the fear though.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Neal, it's a pleasure to be in your dreams.

I've had a dream where I'm in Alton Towers queueing for Rita, watching every train launch. Mark was there dancing in the queue and crisp packets were everywhere.

Aside from that, I tend to dream mainly about murdering people in my school's corridors. :D

CMonster

Giga Poster
I think I posted this in the last dreams topic we had, but once I dreamed I was riding Colossus at Thorpe except it was really slow and the cars faced sideways and were like open benches. And then there was a banked turn and I fell out. Then I queued again, and the same thing happened.

Many times I'll dream I'm about to ride a really sweet ride, but never actually get on it. Much like the force field theory posted on the other page.

Actually, that'll happen with many topics, like when dreaming about this one girl... among other things.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Yeah, I used to have a reccuring dream where I was at Alton towers and couldn't for the life of me find Nemesis. In the slim chance I did end up on Nemesis, I would completly miss out the ride part in my dream...so I sit on the Train ready to go and Oh! Its all over.

This was before I went to Alton though, and the dreams have now gone since then!

metalhead7

Mega Poster
this may not be vivid but its a weird one...

When I was younger I had a dream that I went to an amusement park with my family and a friend, and we all went on the swing ride. After getting off of it my friend got incredibly sick and had to leave the park. I kid you not, that morning I woke up to hear my mom announce that we were going on a surprise trip to a local theme park called "Dutch Wonderland." Sure enough I was allowed to invite a friend. We rode the swing ride, and afterwards grew very sick, and after bringing him back home he didn't show up at school for another week.

walker1104

Mega Poster
Yeah I've had a few theme park related dreams. I can't really remember any vivid ones though. Although the usual trend seems to be that I queue up for hours and then wake up before I actually get on the ride.