What's new

Drayton Manor - What Happened to G-Force?

Pumkin

Roller Poster
This place is NOT my home park, if anyone knows what happened i would like to know, if not thats fine!

It feels like this place is empty without it.

(if you didnt read the thread title for some odd reason i asked what happened to g-force at drayton manor)

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
This place is NOT my home park, if anyone knows what happened i would like to know, if not thats fine!

(if you didnt read the thread title for some odd reason i asked what happened to g-force at drayton manor)
So basically it was doing ok in 2017 then it didn't reopen in 2018 apart from a few odd days in August 2018 the park announced in September or October that it was closed permanently of that year so yh! Stayed SBNO throughout 2019 removed at the start of 2020 and sent to a random place in Netherlands I believe where it's just sitting there waiting to be built!

Pumkin

Roller Poster
So basically it was doing ok in 2017 then it didn't reopen in 2018 apart from a few odd days in August 2018 the park announced in September or October that it was closed permanently of that year so yh! Stayed SBNO throughout 2019 removed at the start of 2020 and sent to a random place in Netherlands I believe where it's just sitting there waiting to be built!
Thanks for the swift answer, is this place your home park, or do you just know this lol

Matt N

CF Legend

Don't quote me on this, but I'm led to believe that the ride closed in 2018 due to a problem cropping up with the ride's train that the park didn't have the money to rectify.

As such, it stayed SBNO throughout 2018 and 2019 and was removed in early 2020.

Archie

Mega Poster
Don't quote me on this, but I'm led to believe that the ride closed in 2018 due to a problem cropping up with the ride's train that the park didn't have the money to rectify.

As such, it stayed SBNO throughout 2018 and 2019 and was removed in early 2020.
wasn't that design the x-car only 2 or 3 were made, if so, the rarity could have made it more expensive

Matt N

CF Legend
wasn't that design the x-car only 2 or 3 were made, if so, the rarity could have made it more expensive
I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case, but I think this spoke more volumes about the depth of financial trouble Drayton Manor was in at the time than the ride model.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Maurer wanted approx £1million to replace the chassis on the train or basically supply a new train which when I believe the whole ride only cost about £4 million is a huge chunk of cost.

I think there were also beginning to be issues with the lift hill as well, which If there quote for the train was anything to go by I'm guessing Drayton just wanted out before it became even more of a money pit.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Then there are the fact that as a rollercoaster it was a bit crap and very short.
It had a shockingly poor capacity for a headline attraction, which created long queues even on quiet days, and generated a lot of complaints and customer dissatisfaction overall.
First new coaster I didn't ride because of poor reviews and horrible queues.
When I eventually rode it, I wished I hadn't bothered waiting for over an hour, when everything else had short queues.
Only the once in it's lifetime.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Then there are the fact that as a rollercoaster it was a bit crap and very short.
It had a shockingly poor capacity for a headline attraction, which created long queues on quiet days, and generated a lot of complaints and customer dissatisfaction overall.
Fist new coaster I didn't ride because of poor reviews and horrible queues.
When I eventually rode it, I wished I hadn't bothered waiting for over an hour, when everything else had short queues.
Only the once in it's lifetime.
Similar, though I gave it a second chance, stupidly... My biggest gripe with it was the restraints (I generally visit parks mid week) they were horrendously uncomfortable on that lift hill. Rode it twice, over lots and lots of visits... And that was one time too many.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Thanks for the swift answer, is this place your home park, or do you just know this lol
Yes Drayton's my home park so i went a few times in 2018 and it was never open though i saw it testing in July 2018. the park kind of just pretended it wasn't there in 2019 : :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Basically Drayton having a night out with friends and playing truth or dare after 10 straight shots of cheap vodka.

Then, when they woke up the next morning despite realising what they had dared to buy from Maurer, it was too late. And then it shut.

Kids, learn your lesson: never drink and buy coasters.

Last edited: