What's new

Drayton Manor | Unknown | Intamin Unknown | 2024

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This is pretty much par for the course for Drayton Manor with any standalone new ride. It'll be ready for Summer all things going to plan.

FogZog

Mega Poster
Its seemed like such a long construction 😓 I just wanna see it going now
Better than nothing.

I really do hope they theme the inside of the buildings nicely, and if the landscaping is done nicely this could turn out very nicely!

Niles

Giga Poster
Testing continues now with the train going up the lift forwards then releasing you back down backwards.

Interestingly in this video below the train has a little forwards and backwards moment at 8:53, wonder if this could be a suspense moment?

Then at 19:12 the coaster goes up the lift backwards before then releasing the train down forwards.

I wonder if each ride may be a bit different each time keeping you on your toes or if all this may happen on one ride leading to a longer ride time, either way i do like the look of this coaster.

Flash Shift

Mega Poster
I agree with Josh, it seems kind of complex for a family coaster in such a small footprint - I wonder if this would have made more sense as an indoor story driven coaster. Still interested to see how it turns out and if it operates ok considering how temperamental new coasters can be.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’d say I’m more intrigued by this coaster than massively excited for it. It’s clearly very unique and different, and I’m interested to see how it turns out, but it’s not currently hitting the radar in terms of things I’m properly excited to ride this year in the same way that, say, Hyperia is.

I’m sure it’ll be a good, fun ride for the target demographic of the park, and I fully accept that I’m not the target demographic of this ride, but for me, I would definitely lump my current feelings towards this coaster under “intrigued” rather than overly “excited”.

I felt similarly about Mandrill Mayhem at Chessington before I rode that last year, as that was a similarly unique, family thrill targeted ride. I will make no secret of the fact that I was quite underwhelmed by Mandrill, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that I’ll feel the same towards Drayton’s new ride.

Nonetheless, I’ll definitely return to ride it later this year, and it’ll be interesting to see how this one turns out!