Here I have updated my original post with everything we have learned. As I say at the bottom of the post, everything is seemingly lining up perfectly, so expect the next few years to follow suit.https://lichfielddc-consult.objective.co.uk/file/5926647
This document was filed by Drayton Manor Resort in 2021 on the Lichfield District Council website.
To see what you want to see, scroll to the bottom of the document, where it should say:
Drayton Manor Park Five - Year Plan
I will go through each year now:
We already Know about 2022 so it doesn't matter.
• Finish the "Adventure Cove" theming, which has been the first investment phase of the park's new owners, Looping Group.
• Introduction of a new themed area on the unused part of Drayton Manor Park called 'The Triangle'. It is proposed that this are accommodates three new rides and an accompanying food unit - Vikings Area
• Rejuvenation works to existing ride, "Maelstrom", including new harnesses, platform repair work and painting - New Ride Platform/Ramps
• New themed rooms within the Drayton Manor Hotel to encourage family use - Viking Themed Rooms
• Common areas within the Drayton Manor Hotel to be refurbished to make less corporate and more family / leisure friendly
• EDE to have a kitchen refit
• Knapford Station Buffet to be converted into a new food operation to support Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan food options
• New replacement vehicle on an existing ride within Drayton Manor Park - Unknown
• New children’s ride within Drayton Manor Park - "Thomas & Percy's Submarine Splash" - Mini Log Flume
• Various projects within Drayton Manor Zoo to redevelop existing enclosures
• New rollercoaster within Drayton Manor Park - Intamin Custom Lift and Launch Coaster on the site of "Pandemonium"/"Apocalypse".
• Replacement ride within Drayton Manor Park - Flat ride in the same area as the new coaster - Effectively replacing "Pandemonium"/"Apocalypse".
• Replacement cars on an existing ride within Drayton Manor Park - "Shockwave" transformed to a Floorless Train along with new name, theme and story.
• Raised walkway between Thomas Land along the railway tracks connecting to Drayton Manor Zoo.
• Relocate a ride within Drayton Manor Park and introduce a new round platform ride to the vacated spot - Rumours suggest that the "Flying Dutchman" will move to a new location in "Adventure Cove", next to/behind "Air Race".
• Install holiday lodges originally proposed in 2016 to the south-west of the Drayton Manor Hotel. - Pegasus Website with more Info!
Edit 04/09/23: Seemingly these plans are lining up perfectly!
Surf coaster is B&M I have a feeling this is 100% going to be Intamin in some kind of deal with the new coaster they are installing. Guessing Floorless may not be out of the question still gives it some uniqueness then.I heard rumours about a serf-coaster train being developed, I guess that would fit the theme of the area (to some degree) but I won't lie, I have no idea what that is or how it rides.
Looks very black or dark grey to me.
WAIT IS IT GOING TO BE GREY/BLACK?!
Come onnnn UK Theme Parks.
How you like me now… grey/black my backside!More pictures of the site from Drayton Talk
One of the images shows a label with "Spinning Coaster Drayton Manor" This launch & lift coaster is sounding more interesting.
View attachment 26770
View attachment 26771
And here are some more pictures of the site.
View attachment 26772
View attachment 26773
View attachment 26774
View attachment 26775
View attachment 26776