What's new

Drayton Manor sold to Looping Group (page 5)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I personally think that the Pirates Adventure building could host a very interesting attraction that I spotted on Zamperla's website. It is called the Factory Coaster and if you themed it to something related to Pirates Adventure with new theming items, this could be so underrated and the perfect indoor coaster for the UK. Yes, coasters are a long shot, but it marks the family thrill market Drayton Manor are going for.

How about no. Have you seen how ?e the layout really is?

They'd be better off with something like Van Helsing's Factory.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Just wanted to say... I am loving what loopings are doing so far.

I was very critical of DM in this thread, but now, under new leadership, I think things might be looking up!!!

looking forward to getting back on the rapids after tomorrow :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Went to DMP at the weekend, queues weren't too bad for most things, although Stormforce and Accelerator did have some gross looking queues which we swerved.
Some major rides had an hour/90 mins downtime for what I assume were staff breaks which isn't something i see on a regular basis
Apocalypse was only running 2 sides which was a shame, didn't seem to be any work happening on the closed sides.
Accelerator went down a few times over the course of the day.
The Thomas/Percy train also seemed to be having some issues.

Other than that it was fine, seemed busy enough which was good for the park, it does desperately need another water ride though, if the rapids are reopening that's a great sign, Stormforce had the biggest queue all day.

Edit - There's land clearance going on next to the air race, not a massive space but something is going in there within the next 9 months I think.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Went to DMP at the weekend, queues weren't too bad for most things, although Stormforce and Accelerator did have some gross looking queues which we swerved.
Some major rides had an hour/90 mins downtime for what I assume were staff breaks which isn't something i see on a regular basis
Apocalypse was only running 2 sides which was a shame, didn't seem to be any work happening on the closed sides.
Accelerator went down a few times over the course of the day.
The Thomas/Percy train also seemed to be having some issues.

Other than that it was fine, seemed busy enough which was good for the park, it does desperately need another water ride though, if the rapids are reopening that's a great sign, Stormforce had the biggest queue all day.

Edit - There's land clearance going on next to the air race, not a massive space but something is going in there within the next 9 months I think.
Yes they open tomorrow (today :D ) Had the email from the park.

Looks like lots of new safety features, new boats, or at least refurbished boats with gates etc.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
@DelPiero In terms of the land clearance you mention near Air Race, do you think it would be a big enough area for some sort of flat ride or something to go there? Or is it smaller?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
@DelPiero In terms of the land clearance you mention near Air Race, do you think it would be a big enough area for some sort of flat ride or something to go there? Or is it smaller?
You could fit a flat ride in the area for sure. They have just opened a play park area next to the chicken place, the land clear area is a bit larger than that space including the picnic tables. Definitely space for a magic carpet ride or something similar, but wouldn't quite fit a family coaster in there imo.

Matt N

CF Legend
You could fit a flat ride in the area for sure. They have just opened a play park area next to the chicken place, the land clear area is a bit larger than that space including the picnic tables. Definitely space for a magic carpet ride or something similar, but wouldn't quite fit a family coaster in there imo.
Ah OK; thanks for the reply!

I know a Zamperla Disk’O has been suggested/rumoured by some. Do you reckon one of the smaller Disk’O models would fit there? (Based on the description you’ve given, I’m guessing a Disk’O Coaster is a no-no)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I know a Zamperla Disk’O has been suggested/rumoured by some. Do you reckon one of the smaller Disk’O models would fit there? (Based on the description you’ve given, I’m guessing a Disk’O Coaster is a no-no)
One the size of Edge or Cobra wouldn't fit I don't think, or it would be very close.
This is the area being developed, about the same size of the Air Race/Maelstrom plots including queue line.
There's a play park and wave swinger directly to the east/south east of the diner now.
DMP1.PNG