What's new

Drayton Manor 2022 - New Vikings Area

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well that was quick, Pandemonium is already being disassembled:-

Seemed very eager to take it down, so I've created this topic. It seems like DM are definitely planning something for next year following on from Adventure Cove, which is also supported by the fact that there is construction work happening on the field near Buffalo. What do we think they are gonna build? I've heard rumours of a 3-ride deal from Zamperla but I'm not sure if there will be anything else being built, or even if that rumour is legitimate.

Will

Strata Poster
Anything on rails is good with me at this point - so long as it's NOT an SBF spinner...

Peet

Giga Poster
Removing Pandemonium doesn't exactly create a large area:
Screenshot_20211110-073613_Maps.jpg

If they are going to replace it, it could only really be another flat ride.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Before G-force was put in project barnstorm was supposed to go where pandemonium is which was a racing launched coaster which would then head out to past the buffalo into the empty field there which they are currently working on so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar could happen now. I imagine the swing boats could be removed now they have the chair swings and the big wheel was already removed a few seasons ago this gives quite a large area to work with. And if they do go ahead with plans to removed apocalypse say next season this would open up even more space including the old fish and chip shop and picnic area.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ciaran over on TowersStreet Talk had an intriguing theory that I think seems logical:
Ciaran on TowersStreet Talk said:
I think one of the main reasons they have taken it down so quickly is because the new owners don't want to leave rides left SBNO for years and years on end like the Bryan's used to. It looks bad on Drayton's behalf when rides are left closed, and I think the Looping Group know this.

They will probably look into using the empty space for something, whether that be a temporary HB Leisure attraction or some sort of market stall. Something will probably be done with the area, or it will be left fenced off, however I have higher hopes if I'm being honest.

I'm sure this empty land will also be utilized in the coming year or so with Looping's 5-year investment plan for Drayton. When Apocalypse eventually does go, probably at the end of 2022, there will be a lot of land available including the Test Track area.
If Apocalypse does go at the end of 2022 as rumoured, maybe they could be anticipating using the combined footprint of the two rides for something a little bigger?

Looping Group has referenced a 5-year plan of investment that they have in mind for Drayton Manor, so it certainly seems plausible to me!

Here’s a link to Ciaran’s post, if you’re interested: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/drayton-manor-park.196/page-181

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
As long as it's not replaced by a Disko I'll be happy. Nothing against them but there are thousands of them across the country so it would be nice to see a bit more variety.

Last edited:

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Is there actually anything out there suggesting that these rides will be replaced? I just assumed they were clearing some bits out to pay off some debts or something?
The park confirmed on I think it was an instagram q&a that something was coming for replacement and they couldn't wait to reveal what. So no specifics yet just confirmation something was going to be in its place.

Will

Strata Poster
Jeez, you lot...
Sometimes I'd get more optimism from a conversation with my Dad! :D

(You're not wrong though)

Matt N

CF Legend
Jeez, you lot...
Sometimes I'd get more optimism from a conversation with my Dad! :D

(You're not wrong though)
I’m personally hopeful that this could be something quite exciting! I heard rumours of a 3-ride deal with Zamperla, or it could potentially be early preparations for a new coaster to replace Apocalypse, Buffalo and Pandemonium in 2023 or 2024, what with the scope of the construction work taking place!

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Not sure it's been mentioned yet but as Pandemonium was dismantled carefully & shipped away pronto it was suspsected to have been sold
Just found this which confirms that but then raises the question where will it end up, Doubt it'll be another Loopings Group park as why would they have listed it?

On another note Apocalypse is still listed for sale, hopefully that won't go anytime soon!