Will

Strata Poster
^
Christ, you're a cynical old git ;)

964960.jpg

rob666

Hyper Poster
We aim to please.
I clearly remember a member of the management team at Drayton telling me twenty years ago that they were replacing the buffalo ride with a new coaster "next year".

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm loving what Looping is doing for the park and I also look forward to their new likely coaster investment next year (please be a GG woodie). I like how they are managing to keep Buffalo, but I do hope it gets a repaint.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
Seems that Looping Group are working wonders with their parks lately. Looking forward to what the future holds for the park.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I'm just pleased that the park is seeing any decent investment at all. This new area seems like a very positive step.

Hopefully it will lead to a larger attraction somewhere down the line.

Ethan

Strata Poster
"Vikings"... Bet that name looks them months to come up with.

Looks cute though, I just feel they perhaps missed a trick by not having the Disko partially above water.

Will

Strata Poster
I guess vikings are all right - especially viking water rides ;)

I could still live without another bloody disco though :p

JoshC.

Strata Poster
My one bugbear with the investment (based off that artwork), is it looks like the ends of the Disko won't have any theming. Given one end of the ride is facing the entrance, it seems like a missed opportunity from what otherwise feels like it will be a nicely themed, coherent land with a good selection of rides.

melchi

Roller Poster
My one bugbear with the investment (based off that artwork), is it looks like the ends of the Disko won't have any theming. Given one end of the ride is facing the entrance, it seems like a missed opportunity from what otherwise feels like it will be a nicely themed, coherent land with a good selection of rides.
I agree , it all looks great but the shape of the Disko lends itself so well to a Viking longboat how did they miss that trick.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I hope they clad the structure on the disco a little bit, maybe even some nice rockwork, but otherwise really impressed. At this rate I wouldn't put a new coaster past them in a few years.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I hope they clad the structure on the disco a little bit, maybe even some nice rockwork, but otherwise really impressed. At this rate I wouldn't put a new coaster past them in a few years.
They are supposed to be getting a new coaster next year.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
"A big project for 2023"...hopefully a new coaster.
This is how naughty rumours grow.
And indeed we'd all love it to be, but let's not get too excited. The park is currently infilling with lots of flat rides (never a bad thing! Alton could learn a thing or two) which are aimed at a much more family friendly market.

Maybe they will build a decent thrill coaster? A Mack Big Dipper or GCI would fit well with their lineup.