• Kraken

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Dragon Khan

Votes: 26 78.8%

• Total voters

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Time for another poll!

This time, it's two of the best multi-inversion B&M's against each other, and also two of B&M's best sit-down designs:Floorless and the standard sit down. :--D

As usual here are the stats, pictures and the CF POV's for each coaster
Kraken, Sea World Orlando

My favourite coaster and for good reason...Named after a legendary sea beast, this epic coaster rampages through 7 inversions and even dives underground...

STATS:
Length: 4177'
Height: 149'
Drop: 144'
Inversions: 7
Speed: 65 mph
Duration: 2:02
Elements: Loop
Dive Loop
Zero-G Roll
Cobra Roll
Loop
Corkscrew

PICTURES:
seaworld-kraken.jpg

kraken.jpg

p2154.jpg

Handler.ashx

POV:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4jd5GshQa8&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Dragon Khan

Possibly my second favourite coaster and now part of quite a rare, yet fun breed of coasters...the B&M sit-downs, of which Khan is probably the best.

STATS:

Length: 4165'
Height: 148'
Drop: 161'
Inversions: 8
Speed: 65 mph
Duration: 1:45
Elements: Loop
Dive Loop
Zero-G Roll
Cobra Roll
Loop
Interlocking Corkscrews

PICTURES:

i3zL7.jpg

3CMWd.jpg

Rxkgu.jpg

lHxSd.jpg

POV:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJQQApZ8Dwo&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

I think I know which one I'm voting for...but what about you?

Please reply! :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Khan.

You can close this poll now. ;)

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I think it would have been a closer match up if you compared Dragon Khan and Kumba, they are more similar than Kraken and Dragon Khan.

On this poll, I haven't ridden Dragon Khan but it is a major on my to do list, Kraken is pretty amazing though. I can't decide based on Khan's POV but that extra inversion would make a big difference for me. I leave undecided

DDF14

Mega Poster
The mighty Dragon ... My favourite conventional sit down looper.. The dive loop and zero G are sweet and sublime.. Kraken is a good coaster but Khan just has something more and plus it has that touch of roughness / age that just makes it that tad more powerful for me..

Lofty

CF Legend
Only rode Khan, so can't vote otherwise.

Khan is just incredible. That 0G (-1G) is just spectacular.

Kebab

Giga Poster
This is easy, Dragon Khan by a long shot. I'm not going into details, but comparing those two coaster is like comparing Nemesis to AIR.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Kebab said:
This is easy, Dragon Khan by a long shot. I'm not going into details, but comparing those two coaster is like comparing Nemesis to AIR.

Yeah they are different to each other but i still think it's a good comparison, Florida and Salou are both popular holiday destinations for brits, so im guessing quite a few british members of this site have ridden both coasters. You could of course say that Kumba is a better example of a comparison than Kraken but BGA is just slightly off track for some holiday makers.

As for me, I actually really enjoyed Kraken, however Khan will always get my vote. Zero-G <3

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've not ridden Khan, but apparently it's marginally better than Kumba. Kumba blows Kraken completely out of the water. Guess I didn't need to ride both to vote.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Khan, Kraken's an ok ride however Khans so much better, I also think it would be better to compare it with Kumba.
Kumba is so much better than Kraken.

Ben

CF Legend
I feel the person who voted for Kraken should come forward so that we can arrange to have the blunt objects removed from their brain.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Unfortuently, I haven't ridden Khan and this was part of the reason for the poll...just to see if it's much better than Kraken! Which it obviously is.

The reson that I love Kraken is simpily because of the floorless aspect of the ride, the gigantic inversions and the underground dive.

I have ridden Kraken though, Khan is my no.2 simpily because I haven't ridden it yet and it's a bit silly to have your no.1 coaster as one that you haven't actually experienced. :--D

Does ANYONE else here prefer Kraken????

Must ride Khan then! :p

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, it's a bit silly to have your number one as a coaster you haven't ridden. But, you number two? That's PERFECTLY sensible...

This topic is all a large pile of your number two.