What's new

Drachen Fire

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Should Vekoma try to replicate Drachen Fire? i haven't heard any rumours, but it is a legendary coaster, and if there is any company that comes close to the defunct Arrow, Vekoma would be it. Should it be done?

Error

Strata Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:

Quoted for truth.

In short, Vekoma is painful. I haven't been on many, but the ones I have been on I don't want to do ever again (minus Rock n' Roller Coaster). And Arrow is also quite painful.

Drachen Fire, as cool as it LOOKED, was well known for being horribly, horribly painful. That's why the got rid of it in the first place. They even tried to modify it, but it still didn't work.

If anyone should try to remake it, it should be B&M.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Error said:
RollerCoasterFanatic said:

Quoted for truth.

In short, Vekoma is painful. I haven't been on many, but the ones I have been on I don't want to do ever again (minus Rock n' Roller Coaster). And Arrow is also quite painful.

Drachen Fire, as cool as it LOOKED, was well known for being horribly, horribly painful. That's why the got rid of it in the first place. They even tried to modify it, but it still didn't work.

If anyone should try to remake it, it should be B&M.

I dont recall any 2 seater B&M's. The probem with the ride is like every arrow/vekoma you get your bumpyness and your headbanging hell. would it be a not so terrible idea if B&M reconstructed it 4 across floorless and stretched out the inversions more so you wouldnt smash your skull in?

Snoo

The Legend
B&M was originally gonna do it.. but that whole "Kumba" thing put them off. By the looks of the layout, it's possible for B&M to do it.. but they won't.

A

Anonymous

Wasnt the problem with Drachen Fire due to it not being heart lined properly? Tennessee Tornado was a properly heart lined modern looper built by Arrow and is a good ride. I never went on Dragon Fire i wonder how bad it really was.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Arrow said:
Wasnt the problem with Drachen Fire due to it not being heart lined properly? Tennessee Tornado was a properly heart lined modern looper built by Arrow and is a good ride. I never went on Dragon Fire i wonder how bad it really was.
if B&M re-did Drachen Fire they would have done one hell of a job with heartlining. just look at Kumba, that thing is a heartline masterpiece. Tennessee is a pretty bumpy ride though compared to a b&m. Arrow did a good job heartlining Dragon Mountain one of my personal favorites.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
^Yes, but what is the point of rebuilding a ride that didn't work. The ride had it's time. B&M would not waste their time rebuilding a piece of crap, they will continue to build bigger and better rides.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
F.A.S.T. said:
^Yes, but what is the point of rebuilding a ride that didn't work. The ride had it's time. B&M would not waste their time rebuilding a piece of crap, they will continue to build bigger and better rides.
well they should at least move on and start a new approach to their rides. All they do is 4 delta seating, 8 across divers, and 4 across twister/floorless/standup/inverted

they need to change it up a bit, all of their curves are too broad however fast. I like how Intamin is more sharp, however Intamin's are just like screaming metal death traps. <<<< Way off topic but whatever

A

Anonymous

The ride actualy looks really cool on the POV but it must have been rough to have been closed so soon, I would love to hear what the general public thought of it, shame they couldnt have done something to fix, i would like to have had a go on it.

Snoo

The Legend
F.A.S.T. said:

Looking at the ride.. it doesn't look bad in concept. Arrow just pulled it off HORRIBLY. A B&M replica? I think it would be better then Kumba tbh.